REQUIREMENTS for Unlock allies races are stupid

So do I dear goblin, anything beats WQs and their “log at these times of day before they expire”! “Oh and you have to do them or you miss out on azerite! And war resources!”

2 Likes

This is the worst.

FIrst of all, making a slightly snappy remark is not insulting. I am just pointing out a major flaw in your logic. Perhaps I could’ve used softer words, considering I seem to have insulted you (not apologizing though), but what’s done is done and my point still stands.
Second, I skipped about a month and a half and honestly, I can’t be bothered to raid so far in this expac and mythic+ is not my cup of tea, so why would I bother farming my neck up, especially considering what will happen in 8.2?
All I do is help people with weeklies by queuing (terrible word to write) as tank.

Calling someone deficient is very much an insult.

Yeah you basically got Kul’tirans unlocked just by doing emissaries, and want people to suffer through WQs for over a month.

1 Like

Races aren’t basic content. They are cosmetic playable additions to the game and what’s wrong with having to work to unlock them? This is what’s wrong with the community these days. It’s all a matter of “mine, mine, mine, I want it NOW.” Please do yourself a favour and stay away from Classic with this attitude.

4 Likes

Then why advertise them as great expansion feature? In every BFA advertisement you see allied races advertised. “Buy and unlock Kul’tirans, or Zandalari”. And comparing this 5-9 week “waiting farm” abomination to classic, where you can farm as you please, is just laughable. Did you even inform yourself about Classic?

There’s no content in Classic, anywhere, where you have to farm something on 1 char, so you can unlock other char, or something for other char. It’s all progressing your character, this isn’t even remotely close.

4 Likes

Stop troling they are core of game, how you you want pick class if you don’t pick race? Every race have diffrent gameplay and story. And they are main reason why people playing this game. Yuo can raid and do pvp in every game, but where you can find Taurens, Undeads, Night Elfs or Pandarens?

2 Likes

Actually, you seem to be the misinformed one. I admit the way they advertised it is a bit shaky, but the first four Allied races were presented as early access meaning you could play them in Legion before BFA came out provided you put the work in. They continued this trend with the other four Allied Races. Ever since then they have always maintained their stance of that you have to work to unlock it.

Anyway instead of posting on the forums you could be doing just that right now unlocking these races.

2 Likes

And this relates to new and returning players how? They didn’t gain rep before the races were released, they came in after they were released, for races. There’s a guy somewhere out there, who bought BFA just now for Zandalari or Kul’tirans, only to realize he has to farm WQs for 5-9 weeks, that’s the issue, if you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Bought WoW for Kul’tirans, I got em unlocked, granted, I wanted thin ones but sh*t happens. I’ll gladly argue so others can unlock them in a more reasonable way.

1 Like

Im afraid you are being a bit unreasonable in what you want to happen.
Plenty of people went and did what you wrote you should have done.
I mainly play horde but have been playing alliance for a good long time now to get the rep for KT. In fact I got exalted with that on friday afternoon and i still have to get a nation united… If they just gave players zanda and KT for free now then most of us would of done all that for zero .

1 Like

It’s idiotic is what it is, but they have to do what they can in a desperate attempt to keep people subscribed any paying for the game. They’re not shy of desperate measures now a days to grind as much money out of people.

I haven’t even gotten Zandalari reputation up to exalted, simply because I can’t muster the Fs to give to grind it out. It’s just so incredibly dull and boring, but then again the entire expansion is just that.

2 Likes

No one’s asking to get them released for free, just saying, people that start now will have 5-9 weeks of grinding, which is unreasonable, should be cut down to 3 weeks that mag’har/dark irons took, if not less, as they had 3 zones of WQs. Or add 250 rep on final dungeon boss, or some kind of item that can be turned in for rep.

Now tell me what’s the difference between this and

Why should they get what others had to work for? Returning or being new doesn’t entitle you to anything. By that logic they should receive every leniency/shortcut available. Not everything has to be convenient. We have plenty of that in the game already. A friend of mine also recently began playing WoW being brand new to the game and wanted to play a Mag’har Orc. Instead of complaining she did the campaign and every WQ every day. At the end of the day, yes, they were advertised for BFA but with conditions. If they were inclined to change it they would have already, but they maintain their stance and the majority of the community sucks it up.

They have been basic content until BFA. That is why people complain, it was another thing that was taken away as basic thing and put dangling front of people as carrot to grind trough content and use more time in game. Or are you saying this is how races have always worked?

I will definately be in classic. If you think it is bad attitude of showing some empathy to a friend then i am happy to be one. What i think is wrong with community these days (if anything) is that people have no empathy, no willingness to see things from other players perspective and no patience for anything that is different from their own way of thinking.

Only person saying here “mine, mine, mine, i want it now” is you. If you read what other people actually are writing, you can respond to them, not for your imaginary version of them. Then we will have good conversation, where we don’t have to agree, but we can still contribute something important and learn about eachothers.

With all respect.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure people don’t expect actual 1-2 months of “waiting grind” just to unlock something that made them buy the game, you won’t see that anywhere, it’s despicable.

Do you hear yourself? You didn’t work for Zandalari or Kul’tirans, neither did I. We played the game, we did emissaries for azerite power and stuff, and we got exalted as side thing. These people have to grind, actually grind, for 1-2 months.

And mag’har aren’t comparable anymore, you can get 7th legion/ honorbound in a week or so with incursions/contributions and all other stuff. This rep was heavily buffed.

You’re comparing a week or so grind to 5-9 weeks of grinding.

Incursion is 1100 rep, contributions like 250 rep per quest, it’s massive rep gain. Not to mention all war stuff giving 7th legion rep too now.

1 Like

The only stupid thing as that to unlock KT’s I’ve got to do dungeons on my lock…and I don’t like dungeons at the best of times these days; for sure not on my lock.

We didn’t have to do anything like that on horde side to get trolly things; probably now I’ll need to wait 18 months until I can solo the dungeons in the next expac.

1 Like

I have unlocked 80% of reputation, have more achivments points than many of others users on forum, over 400 days played on my main. And still I must doing alt in other fraction, where I don’t have any friend, I don’t knwo any one and msut sit there for few months to grind stupdi reputation to unlock mount on my main character.

1 Like

I have to disagree with you on this. I dont see Tehuwo saying any of this - I see him simply saying that there were terms and conditions that were stated when people purchased BFA and that to earn the trust of a new race you have to work at it.

I dont see him saying ‘mine, mine, mine’ I see that coming from you. Anything good is worth working for, dont you think?

You can solo normal dungeons on most classes, I did it on this warrior to get Motherlode first boss weapon. Can get a friend to make it easier.