REQUIREMENTS for Unlock allies races are stupid

They did not advertise bfa with Kul’tirans. In fact we were only told we would be getting them as an allied race shortly before 8.1, at the beginning they weren’t even supposed to be an allied race.

1 Like

I really have to disagree with this. So much of what we do in the game right now already turns irrelevant so quickly that I would really don’t more added to that list. Such a system would just cause those players to leave the game until they don’t have to play it to get what they want.

1 Like

WQ system is so bad now. It is boring.

2 Likes

And that is relevant to people who join now, today, 5 minutes from now, having to grind for 5-9 weeks how?

1 Like

Very little as that is not the point I was responding to? But if you must know they have to grind 5-9 weeks if they want to earn a cosmetic race. It’s not different from having to grind 5-9 weeks farm a mount or transmog set.

There’s no such thing as cosmetic race, it’s the race of your character, who your character is, is blood elf a cosmetic race? No, it’s a race, just like every other, you didn’t have to grind reputation for 2 months to be able to play it on an orc character you don’t want to play.

If we have to grind, it should be reasonable amount, nothing over 3 weeks is reasonable.

I agree the requirements are pretty whack. Zandalari seem really cool, but I’ll never play them because I’m alliance.

I suppose the caveat is that we get 8 “new” races instead of just 2.

Blood elves are a race. Edgy blood elves with void stuff are nothing but a cosmetic alteration to blood elves. That is what allied races are. The only exception being Kul’Tirans.

For some odd reason I unlocked the first 4 races in Legion, but the newest 4, I have none of them unlocked. i just could not care less about grinding and the fact that I can’t even unlock KT as the quest line needed for Pride of Kul Tiras is bugged and I cannot proceed with it.

I agree, putting new races behind a grind is very horrible thing from player perspective and I just hope they’ll never do that again, ever

5 Likes

They’re races. If they were appearance options at barber then sure, that’s reasonable to be grinded, because you’re doing it on the character you care about, but this way you grind reputation on something you care little about, to play something you care about.

2 Likes

lol good luck doing that from a fresh character, pretty steep to unlock. specially considering it requires all quest zones too + the extra quest chain at the end. and if you have no fun in the story and playing you ll have a extra extra extra hard time to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

i mostly did emmisarys but i didnt mind waiting it out .

suffer well, suffer long :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least this guy says it plainly, he didn’t suffer, he wants others to suffer. Others try to deny it.

wrong, im pretty sure its 101239812834128947128947r128936721894672892

Oh I don’t want people to suffer, most times. If you are suffering to play the game I really think you should quit it. The problem I have is that almost everything we do in bfa is turned irrelevant within months. So I am fundamentally against even more of our effort be made null.

I’m not suffering, I unlocked them via emissaries over months, but people coming will suffer and might just quit, which is what’s harmful to the game. No one would find 5-9 week grind reasonable, if they came for Zandalari or Kul’tirans, depending on their faction of choice, they might just quit half-way as they get bored doing it, since character they’re unlocking them on isn’t one they want to play, they want the new fancy big human, or a tall (cant find anything interesting other than their height) troll.

You’re basically sitting on a let’s say Night elf, and you spend 15-30 mins a day doing WQs, then you got nothing else you want to do other than play that Kul’tiran, so you log in just for WQs, day after day, it’s what I did with mag’har in august, it’s painful.

1 Like

Sure but then on the other side you have people who play the game look at the past months and think “What the hell did I spend so much time doing?”. They than feel like they have wasted their time and quit the game. And I’m not saying that the change to allied races alone would do that, it’s rather a combination of things like gear and progression.

I think the question you gotta ask is do you want to appeal to new players or to the ones already playing your game?

Why would you have the desire to only play Kul’tiran? I don’t get it, it is not as if the game is completely different . They are an EXTRA for those who play

By making those 2 reputations, which only have 1 zone of WQs and emissary, have a faster way of farming that doesn’t take nearly 2 months, you do not harm current players, but benefit new and returning ones.

Thin Kul’tirans is what I bought the game for, and until they came (Well, -thin ones), I farmed mag’har orcs rep straight from start to get them, it took long and painful 3 weeks, I barely did anything other than log for WQs and wait until next day, as I was only interested in them. Thinking that some people might have to farm KT/Zandalari rep for nearly 3 times longer than I had to, because only 1 zone compared to 3, is just crazy.

1 Like

Sorry I cannot believe that. This is some forum troll act. No one would buy the game to play one race (and by your post, not actually play the game that much)

It’s what sold BFA to me, as well as a friend, we were hyped to make a thin Kul’tiran, otherwise we were bored with WoW during prepatch and were contemplating leaving WoW for a while. It’s the main feature of BFA, there’s nothing else. Island expeditions you do once a week for azerite power, warfronts once for reward, there’s nothing else that is new, just story that takes a day or two to go through.