Resto Sham OP

Resto shams are stupid at the moment. They heal far too much without even needing to cast anything.

2 Likes

I’ve had mixed experiences. Only played against them on my Warr and DH.

Some of them are utter crap and can barely keep themselves alive, even when popping everything they have.

Others can run around in circles and use no cast-time spells but they don’t even drop below 70% hp.

I presume there’s some sort of optimum setup that allows them to do it but it is ridiculous.

2 Likes

This is pretty much all I experience in bgs, I just see their % constantly going up and they aren’t doing much. Same for arena, they run around pillars not casting anything and their health is constantly going up.

1 Like

Well our other specs are on the other end when it comes to survive… so resto atleast makes me feel useful in BGs lol

1 Like

Again their health % keeps going up so fast and they aren’t doing anything.

Not nothing… we are taking baths! with water… and tides… and more water!

Just swapped my shammy to resto to have a look.

There’s an absolute truckload of instant cast heals/shields available to resto, it’s almost laughable: -

• Healing Stream/Cloudburst Totem
  • Healing Tide Totem
  • Riptide
  • Unleash Life
  • Earth Shield
  • Earthern Wall Totem
  • Nature’s Guardian
  • Ascendance

But i think the biggest issue is Ghost Wolf.

in 448 gear:

• Spectral Recovery - heals for 11k (3%) every 2 seconds, increases Ghost Wolf’s speed to 40% and prevents you from being slowed below 110% speed.
  • 3x Pack Spirit (at 20% effectiveness in PvP) - heals for 2641 every 0.9 seconds

So you can run around at 110% speed even when slowed and heal for 8.2k/second, with a single instant cast, that’s on top of all the other instant casts and passive effects from essences/traits.

Jesus… This is what I mean, how can anyone defend the state they’re in. They can kite easily while healing, all they have to do is run around a pillar.

1 Like

I dont think you can!
Its laughable the way blizzard has the DPS specs and healer shammy specs balanced.

Wow, 8.2k hps!
I guess your dps cannot keep up with that kind of healing power.
:scream:

2 Likes

Not when you’re perpetually on the other side of a pillar, moving at 140/110% speed whilst I’m moving at 50%…

1 Like

^ This, you can’t catch up when they’re running around a pillar with increased speed unless you have it yourself… Not to mention they have cc (Root totem), and stun.

It’s ok, just stun the shaman and purge ghost wolf, we have zero defensives when stunned, and even staying in ghost wolf the entire time doesn’t help much considering we can do nothing but run in that state. Without ghost wolfs dmg reduction, slow protection and self healing we just get decimated by any decent melee, especially rogues and DH’s. “Train the blues” still exists to this day and hasn’t changed much.

They dont have root totem because its in the same row as the % speed/20% dmg reduce and healing as wolf.

Let them have their fun. I barely even realized shamans still existed. I’m sure they will be buried again next expansion.

1 Like

That’s normal.
Arenas / pvp in general isn’t balanced around braindead pve’ing the enemy healer all game. Druid is even worse, mw you won’t even be able to catch.

Basically treat ghostwolf like druid Bearform: if hes in it, you probably won’t kill him, but he won’t heal anyone.

1 Like

Lol sorry! You have double blink, if you can’t keep up with a shaman then it’s a l2p issue.

Learn to read more like.

I literally never PvP on my Mage. Yet whenever I post about PvP, all of you jackasses jump on the fact that I’m posting from a Mage and use that as an excuse to not have a discussion about gameplay.

Get lost.

If you can’t keep up with a shaman as a DH you need even more l2p. Sorry but the fastest and most mobile class in the game isn’t able to range stun/root a class and fly / dash to it. I’m sorry but you are worse than me in pvp then.

Can’t wait to see you in the 1500-1650 bracket! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any healer in PvP is automatically a worse player than any dps. Trash like you took the easy way out so you can solo virtually any dps spec with no effort.

1.6k as a healer? You must suck hard dude, playing a healer is a free win.

As a side note, you won’t be seeing me in any bracket. I only went to 1k in 2s for the essence + a couple more for my friend’s cap. Too many effectively invulnerable healers in PvP for me to waste any more of my time fighting you scum.

1 Like