Restore unobtainable (quest/reward) items after loss

If you sold them thats not the same as just loosing them,… YOU SOLD THEM

Even if some people sold them, you should get them back duo the wargames and tournaments that Blizzard organizes, the items are meta and game changers, not having them is a disadvantage of 25% atleast.

maybe you should open more tickets and try get a better gm. it worked for me on retail 2 years ago. one said they cant do this the other just done it. but be warned that you shouldnt do it more than 3 times they get angry at you for repeating the same thing in hope for a change now since they track it.

edit: it was about the chosen title rewards who got stealthfixed to being bop other than boe and had them stockpiled on lvl 1s. one gm was so kind (the second one) to move them freely to the desired chars (with the achievement).

did the automatic item restoration already exist at that time? it seems to me that blizzard installed this and at the same time gave out new guidelines for their GMs not to restore anything anymore. it’s clearly part of their “replace GMs by AI to reduce personnel costs” strategy.

Press X for doubt.

Press X for better Customer Service instead that finds about what happend to it and restore it like back in the day! #NOCHANGES !

3 Likes

I mean I would have just stopped ranking and made another toon if I knew the future of pvp would be wargames with prizes which I can’t partake in now because skull is so important for wsg

1 Like

Blizzard needs more of your money to do that, they don’t have the funds of a $14.746 billion company after all.

sold my carrot on a stick like an idiot. made a ticket asking if i could have it back
literally the response was “sorry you have to level up a new character if you want it”

i was lvl 60 at this point with hand of rag (which at the time took months to farm mats for)… yeah just gonna live without the carrot thank you for nothing.

1 Like

As far as I know you can restore 1 item every 30 days manually without contacting any Blizz employee.

1 item every 15days, but they can only go back 3-4 months. I had the same issue on my warrior, with quest rewards which will be impactful in P6, but unfortunately, they won’t restore over this time threshhold. No doubt I’ve done most quests ingame, on 3 seperate 60’s, why would I try cheat the system to get an item reward I’ve not completed (specially during the leveling process and dungeons). Guess it’s just the reduced man power they have to assist which creates a greater backlog, which they are trying to minimize and cut doiwn the request queue. RIP my Darrowshire Strongguard for Frost Res for Naxx.

These items that we describe here could not. They are unobtainable for us again while being meta items for Raids, Wargames, Tournaments, Premades etc. Blizzard Employees could easily restore them by themself with minimal effort so that hardcore players could actually play the game instead of leveling a new character to 60 and making it High Warlord, PvE maxxer again, that would take 4-6 monts again…

1 Like

You don’t know what is stopping them from restoring it, Blizzard have never restored quest items.

We know swapping quest rewards for a different one, wasn’t allowed, but why not restore the ones you took and sold at the time? Selling to vendor works the same as a dungeon/world drop.

1 Like

But sometimes they didn’t delete them, aren’t some of the items they want Removed when you complete a quest, I could be wrong about that. As Blizzard say so very often, they use the same systems that the item restore uses so if they can’t prove you had it they won’t restore it.

Edit: and that counts for quest rewards too, even if they can prove you did the quest.

If they can prove I’ve done it, takes 2sec to restore the item, after having gone through my quest record for example. What is 2sec really? Makes no sense to take all the time to prove I have done it and not restore, that is illogical.

1 Like

That has a limited amount of items. Only for the last 250 vendored items afaik.

If you happen to delete your mount which I did. I deleted a mount, no joke. Mounts are not part of the restoration page.

A GM told me (screenshot available) that they have no power to restore items anymore. And that customers only have access to the item restoration page. Limited to 250 last vendored magical items (whites and greys are not included afaik) and that you only can restore 1 item every 15 days and many many items are not included in that list. Méh.

EDIT: Nowadays customer service is all the same. Many companies have a chatbot trying to fix your issue, or redirect you to a FAQ and basically the companies try to make money by cutting costs on customer services. Cuz it’s expensive. Hiring people is expensive. If companies want to make more money, the first think they’ll think of is laying off people. Our capitalist-driven economy has downsides. One of them downsides is bad customer service in general (a trend for many, luckily not all companies), microtransactions in games, selling incomplete games, Triple A games charging for whatever illogical service.

The base rule is money. The second rule is easy. The third is combine the first two. Cuz effort sucks.

Oh and avoid responsability. Always. The customer is always the one responsable for his actions.

1 Like

Finding the proof, recording what they have done, that is not 2 seconds. That’s if they are allowed to. I can see it now.

Supervisor: Did you restore X item to a player?
GM: Yes.
Supervisor: You broke Rule 6043. You’re Fired.

Stop thinking about this like a spoilt child and more like an adult who could get someone fired over a Virtual item that’s not that good.

They restored anything back in the day in vanilla, looked into your account, had a chat, and restore them after. #nochanges !

2 Likes

This ain’t Vanilla support or software.