Restore unobtainable (quest/reward) items after loss

Restore unobtainable (quest/reward) items after loss Blizzard!

10 Likes

Sounds expensive and complicated. Not something you can expect from a small indie company.

5 Likes

Recently I had a chat with Game Master Zorgarium about restoring items in Classic World of Warcraft. They confirmed they can restore any item they want but duo poor customer service they are not willing to do that. I have screenshots confirmed that they can do it!

Since tournament and wargames started for the PVP player there are certain requirements to join the servers best teams etc. Some of these requirements are items like Skull of Impending Doom, Luffa, Nifty’s Stopwatch etc.

I carefully placed and managed some of the items in my bank and they are unobtainable for me at this point. Never have they ever been sold, disenchanted or destroyed since I knew the great value of these items for PVP content.

I recently made a lot of tickets, and since the customer service is to poor to help a 15 years paying customer out, they offcourse can not restore any of these items they say, but they actually can with ease. (CONFIRMED!)

The lame excuse they use is that they can not track back what happend to these items duo time and they ain’t on the restoration list… (not my problem Blizzard!)

So duo a faulty bug/data loss or whatever happend, who knows, I can not particpate in wargames, tournaments or even good premades!

Blizzard should fix this as soon as possible since MANY MANY players can not play the game to it’s full potential, and we are PAYING FOR THAT! They can simply restore items, they did that back in Vanilla World of Warcraft also with ease!

4 Likes

Back in vanilla, GM’s would look into your account and restore missing quest items when necessary such as:

Skull of Impending Doom - A seemingly inconspicuous item you receive while questing that turns out to be absolutely essential for defending/carrying the flag in WSG, of which Blizzard are hosting wargames with prizes for now… Nice even playing field there.

Chained Essence of Eranikus - If you lose this item you are unable to finish a quest line forever

Barov Peasant Caller

Nifty Stopwatch

Carrot on a Stick

Linken’s Boomerang

Luffa

And many more items… Now if blizzard were truly #nochanges they would give us a way to get these items back like we had in vanilla, maybe by simply adding quest rewards to the item restore page. The only thing that’s changed is blizzards poor customer service.

If you are missing ANY of these quest items you now realise you need at endgame MAKE A TICKET AND DO NOT STOP MAKING THEM!

The only way to make Blizzard do anything about this is if the amount of tickets they have to deal with regarding this issue outweighs the amount of time it would take to add these items to the restoration page. You simply have to protest in the form of wasting as much time for their sub-par support team as possible and affect their bottom line.

Make a ticket now and every time they give you a cookie cutter copy & paste response, make it again, and again, and again! Don’t let them get away with their laziness/incompetence! #NOCHANGES

10 Likes

yes, please

2 Likes

Yes! I sold many items while leveling as I did not know much about the game, and now feel gimped without them at level 60. :sob:

2 Likes

The most expansive part is replying to players, restoring the items is not much work and they can easily do it, Zorgarium (GM) confirmed that. Blizzard lies about not been able to restore.

2 Likes

Did someone hand in their trinkey?

cant you restore items for 3 months until they are gone in database?

They can restore it anytime they want regardless of time!

1 Like

I think this is the trinket hand in quest that doesn’t give you the DPS trinket back.

They cannot, it’s about three months.

I got screenshots confirmed by a Game Master that they can!

And it’s only for a hacked account, it’s more of a rollback than an item restore.

No it is not, the Game Master said that he could technically and physically restore any items, I do have screenshot from the conversation with that Game Master and myself.

how have you lost such items?

This… Placed in my bank, now unobtainable. I can not find them inside, made bug reports about, tickets and had conversations. They can not see what happend to the item/data.

They are also not willing to help me either and resolve nothing at this point. But the funny fact is, they can restore it, but they simply don’t want to, even if it is a in-game issue that a player is not responsible for but Blizzard is…

they can do it EASY. every customer support represntative can do it at will. they have complete logs of everything you did in the game. and that includes items you got, when and where.

it depends if the guy you talk with have the will… he probably gets minimum wage with annoying bosses. these type of guys dont care, at all.

*i work at these type of jobs. i can do ALOT with our customers. i know a group of people who were fired because they played with customers credit cards ! (the company got sued by MANY people because of this)

1 Like

Even wowhead with the addon tracks what quest you’ve done. So I’m pretty sure blizz has a tool for tracking it. While tracking and restoring the specific quest reward might be a bit more complicated, spawning new identical item to your inventory defo isn’t. They should start returning those items.

1 Like

I would vote to get my items restored if they just got removed without my own actions. Customer Service isn’t very classic sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

I remember back in wotlk when a gm restored my entrance key to the transporter for gnomeregan or something and after that appeared as emerald whelpling stuffing my inventory with 40 lighfeather and flew away with some nice words (I was mage).

Nowadays they be like “sorry that I couldnt find you ingame” as if they dont wait for you to just be off or do it in their new tool anyways. Sad times.