Restro Druid nerf.. When?

i.imgur com/WwU19uQ.jpg

That doesn’t tell me much, especially since you are not uploading video footage from your (DPS) PoV.

Reply to me asap with video footage of you being unable to kill fresh dinged healers and we will proceed with the study. Right now I am unable to assist you and further replies without footage will be discarded.

???

Its a discussion about healers in general. I raid and i do m+. I’m not a pvp person in any MMO i’ve ever played. so i dont comment on pvp

The stats i posted way up in the thread is m+ timed runs in season 3. So not only are druids participating more they are completing said content at a higher level in time:

31.8% of all healers in any level of m+ are druids. Which is around 19% more than any other healing spec.
34.5% on 10+
43.1% on 15+
70.6% on 20+

Granted they aren’t doing great in raids and i hear they are strong in pvp but i still believe they need some form of nerf to bring them down from the % stats above. The same way warrior tanks and rogues have to an extent, Not asking for them to be gutted at all just bought down a little which, if im honest, giving all healers a c res would do.

The problem is that your data is in reference to nothing else. Let’s say:

1000 of each healing spec ran the same key with the skill level of players for each spec and 900 druids timed the content (there’s your first red flag, and I’m only one sentence in) but these figures cascaded down to each healer equal to what you’ve shared above. This would be more conclusive evidence though still miles away from empirical.

Simply saying druids timed 20 keys but every other healer timed between 6 and 12 is not evidence and can be wholly disregarded.

It also means that each spec is capable of completing the content but there are factors we are not aware of (and there are many ranging from skill to RNG ability procs etc.) affecting the content.

There are a lot of factors to filter through and asses and frankly I’m not going to type an essay explaining why what you’re linking isn’t reliable information and certainly nothing to use as a reason to nerf a class that is already suffering in top end raiding.

1 Like

The problem I see is that you are only looking at statistics and don’t know anything about how a healing class anything works. You only see the ‘nerf x’ as a solution. Well-structured posts explaining why it would be a much better solution to for example grant other classes better talents, seem to be ignored. I can only imagine this is because of a lack of knowledge and inability to play the classes yourself. Which have been more or less confirmed by yourself…

1 Like

This is really really about top end raiding. And hps-wise the druid is doing perfectly fine. But disc and hpala are ‘top-tier’ because of the damage they bring in raids. This is not an issue at all in heroic :slight_smile:

Nerf the Druid or buff everyone else. It does not matter, just let Vulpera be Druids and Blizzard can do whatever makes their hair blow back.

#VulperaNeedsDruids

I don’t know much about paladins as i dont like playing anymore since the end of tbc, but shamans mostly just need some more harder heals maybe trough some cooldowns. Priests got okay dispells, tons of heals but simply cant keep up with other classes as much even with angelic feather. Escpecially when you got very mobile classes in your group like warriors, demonhunters , monks and druids

Atm we talking about dps output from a healer class. With more heal you wont gonna beat the timer faster. You wont able pull more than x mob since the tank wont able to withstand it.

So the only option is to the healer deal dmg as often as possible.

I really dislike discs in M+ for example and I surely do not want ALL healers be disc level. And I say it as tank.

Yes, i also said multiple times before in this topic we probably need to buff priest and shaman. Maybe a tiny bit monk (?) too. The hpala is perfectly fine, and then nerf the druid to hpala level.

I am ok on toning down the top and helpping the bottom as otherwise I always support player freedom and I’d love to see all tanks, all healers and all dps fine o medium range content.

2 Likes

What do you mean no class has spammable CC? Root is spammable CC. The fact it breaks on damage is meaningless. You’re conflating hard CC (stun) with CC. If root breaks a druid can reapply it at minimal cost. If a monks cc is broken that’s it for 45 sec. HoJ cannot break, but cannot be reapplied so is not a reliable way to control a mob for extended periods (essentially what most CC is about). AOE stuns are a niche judge of CC potential as they’re largely to control caster groups shortly after they’re pulled, as opposed to controlling a pull or add proper.

Not to mention the biggest thing about CC currently is reapplication, because in mythic atm the primary place it shows its face is tide emissaries, and druids are currently the go to healer as they can reapply the CC easily whilst their healing still rolls. Other classes sacrifice dps to do the same, and currently no other healer can assume this role. That’s why root is that good,it breaking on damage is irrelevant.

So yeah, I disagree with your assessment of what constitutes spammable CC. Currently only two classes have truly spammable controlled CC, and they are mages and druids. Locks have spammable cc but it is not controllable.

I also think your assessment of druid throughput is ignoring a key factor–once set up druid throughput requires no management. Sure a shaman puts out more in 1 GCD. Once the druid has used their 4-5 GCDs their throughput is maintained at a good level for a reasonable amount of time - allowing GCDs for other activities (or healing others) this is a benefit that can’t be ignored. When looked at in terms of healing performance, the only arena this appears to become a burden for the druid in terms of raw performance is mythic raids. In all other content its not nearly enough of a drawback to mitigate the benefit it offers, aka free action whilst maintaining healing in exchange for initial GCD debt. In mythics this style of healing actually comes with little drawback as you can pay the debt pre fight whilst generating little overhealing and maintaining healing for a duration thereafter.

The rest of your post(s) however I absolutely agree with generally speaking.

He went through point by point and corrected you. Thats not condescending.

If you still think it was, then just post less stuff thats blatantly incorrect.

I have skin in the game since I have a druid that I main for M+ but the simple fact is if paladins or monks had CR’s they’d be used as much.

2 Likes

Nobody have what RDruid has atm. However Shamans utilities are very nice. Their buffs also worked nicely for them from what I see. They have so many CD that could turn around a bad situation and save the day.

In no way I say they will be better than RDrui next season, nobody can compete with RDruid no matter what. If they nerfed DPS and nerfed stealth (30% speed) from them then maybe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.