Restro Druid nerf.. When?

Divine Hymn does, and shamans have multiple healing CDs that affect everyone vs druids who only have 1.

It would indeed be more wise to buff other healing specs. Although for example Mistweaver is quite competitive in m+.

I hope we ONLY talk about m+ here, since in raids Resto Druid is quite bad and definitely not better than a Holy Paladin and Disc Priest. Maybe not even MW.

Nerfing Resto Druid in M+ would just make about every healer less good and will not really help the popularity of m+ I think.

I’d love to nerf player attitude, quite honestly.

Way too many people speak of other classes and specs based on popular opinion. I know a lot of people chose to heal as resto druid “because they heard it’s the best choice”. This creates an even bigger imbalance on lower rankings, making it look worse than it is. Same can be said about any class or spec that recieves a lot of attention for their performance at the top of it all. Spots only a tiny fraction of the players would reach anyways.

1 Like

Can you give some examples? The druid has wild growth every 10 second and has hots rolling on everyone anyway. So they heal very easy the whole group.

So you want Blizzard to go through the hassle of buffing every class in the game instead of the much easier solution of just nerfing one?

Which is IMO just good for M+. It’s not overpowered at all. What would be better is buffs for other specs so they can bring more output and perhaps utility.

Indeed, i don’t feel like any class is useful outside of priest & druid in m+ ( I dont have palla yet )

1 Like

How is making another spec worse an actual solution? Will it make disc, mw, resto shaman etc. better? No! They will still be the exact same healers.

Oh I agree with that. But currently it is apparently totally accepted for blizzard to have butchered classes so I am not sure why the druid should not be. I would vote for blizz doing the hardwork and checking every single class in the game and tries to balance it.

No, I want people to stop with the constant ‘‘I don’t like this it’s better than me, NERF’’, instead ask for everyone to be good and balanced.

1 Like

We had on the shaman forum in season 1 very large topics with a lot of constructive ways to make shaman viable again, but blizz does not want to hear that. Then as a shaman player you want it the other way; nerfing the OP class. ‘when my class sucks, then other classes should suck too’. Yes it is sad, but we are now more than 1 year further. We are also paying customers.

And yes I rerolled because of this. It still hurts I had to let go my shaman after playing it for full Legion (I started in legion so it was my first char)

Don’t reroll?

Seriously though, I’ve never understood this reroll mentality. I guess though, if you started in Legion, you haven’t seen the pattern yet.

I think they even admit that they tune classes up and downbto give everyone “their moment”.

If you miss your shaman, and want to play your shaman, pick it up and stick with it. Do your best and know you did your best. Maybe the gap won’t feel as bad, as the actual gap is to be found at a much higher level, while below it will better determined by individual ability.

Little tip from a person who has stuck with one role for 13 years, and I’m also an altoholic. I stick with my chosen role through thick and thin. There’s always up and down periods, regardless of spec.

1 Like

I got instant 2-3 M+ levels higher on a class that I had never played. It is much less frustrating to play with more rewards. So yes, good reasons to reroll.

1 Like

To be fair, that happens. That is tied to how the classes have a very similar core.

I had no idea I could heal a +10 on my not actually played shaman yet I did so thid week just by having shaman spells similar to druid spells, bound to the same keys(and facepalmed at myself for being scared of it). I’d argue I’d close up on my druid at any level actually.

Had the same with the mage towers at the end of Legion too, and multiple times in the past. It’s just the design of the game, the roles regardless of specs are very similar at the core.

Also, remember, you aren’t soloing mythic+. There can be huge gaps in difficulty based on your group synergy.

Well yeah, and then the guardian druid rerolled what he played since vanilla to BDK and we were doing another 2 levels higher. Instant :smile:
(it was s1)

Better classes. Less frustration, more fun, more results.

1 Like

Read my last paragraph, that I forgot to add before I posted.

Some specs might also just work better with how you play. I’ve had friends trying resto druid at mythic+, that could not make it work for them. I also have specs that just doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Not surprised at all that someone who is playing the druid is defending this kind of
" balance " in the game :roll_eyes:

If other healing classes would be equally as good as druids we would see them doing more runs, or about the same number in the brackets above 1-10 as them but we don’t and also we wouldn’t see only one healer class picked by like all the players in every MDI tournament.

I think the main issue here with resto druid isn’t necessarily the throughput. Both Disc priests, Holy priests and Holy paladins can push out bigger HPS than druids can. What separates Druid from the rest is their large arsenal of utility abilities that can be tailored to demands through talents, and that unlike other healers they do not sacrifice much HPS in order to do DPS other healers can more often than not only match at the cost of a cooldown.

Keep in mind that we are talking about a class who has:
-a spammable root ability (cast time, but it lasts for a minute, or 8 seconds on emissary of the tides.)
-a stun,AoE root or knockback on demand. Either of those are really useful in specific situation or for specific affixes.
-a pullback (ursol’s vortex) which they can combine with typhoon to achieve the same effect as what a BDK brings to the group
-an external cooldown for the tank (on a relatively low CD as well)
-A pretty strong group-wide cooldown that has a 3 minute CD, but can be talented to be reduced to 2 minutes.
-Combat res
-Bear form and a defensive on top of that, which makes them very tanky still even after the nerf to bear form back at the start of the expansion.
-They are also one of the only two classes who can remove enrage effects (the other being hunters.)

On top of that, due to how their mastery work, their aoe healing potential is really good, and their tank healing isn’t bad either. You add the damage output there as extra which they can do while their HoTs are rolling makes them really desireable for M+.

Other healers in comparison have drawbacks in exchange for their strengths. Shamans are better at enclosed healing, but up until this point their bane was spot healing (which Blizzard finally buffed with the last patch.) Yet even now they do not have even half of the utility potential a Restoration Druid can bring, and while their single target DPS is stronger compared to a druid they sacrifice throughput for it in exchange.

It also does not help on the situation that druid toolkit is very good at handling emissaries (tides and enchanted) due to spammable no CD dot ability and low cast time root with no cooldown (in comparison a Holy paladin can keep an emissary CC-d, but nowhere near as long because their only long term CC comes from a talent and has both a cast time and a 15 sec cooldown.)

TL;DR version:
It is the overall toolkit combined with Cres is what makes them so strong compared to the other healers (plus the ability to do decent damage while still healing the group.)

3 Likes

Basically something like that Jak here said to :

Nah players choice resto druid since they can do dmg and good heal, aswell as CR available for them. They can also stealth and dispell enrage effects ( which also unique).

Imagine shaman, ohwait
Imagine paladin, ohwait
Imagine priest or monk, ohwait.

So yes resto druids are the winner.

1 Like