Ret paladins dps

The ret dps is NOT how it used to be in original wotlk. In Naxx and Ulduar Ret was one of the good dps specs who were competitive, but now it’s complete garbage on the bottom of dps meter, among pvp specs like subtlety rogue, frost mage and BM hunter… It feels like I’m playing classic again, the situation with dps is the same, even though the original hybrid philosophy was changed in wotlk. This is not in the spirit of the game.

I have a couple ideas how to make it more viable:

• Undo all the nerfs until ICC, reapply them again when T10 set bonus becomes obtainable
  • Keep the nerfs, but make the unnerfed version of the spells PvE only, like it is for Hammer of Justice
  • Bring back seal of blood
12 Likes

I fully agree! Let’s make retrypally GREAT again!

Righteous way is competitiveness in all pally specs. The point is about pally players sacred inner feelings. All 3 ways of play: heal, tank or damage dealer must be balanced between each other and be competitive to other classes. We cant say: “hmmm, holy pala is greatest heal and prot pala is best tank”. We should let make players choose how to play. And this way must depends only on them skills, not on your “right” linear gameplay cultivation.

1 Like

Ye holy paladins being the best healers and prot paladins being the best tanks isn’t enough. We need ret paladins to be top dps …

6 Likes

What’s the problem? You have something against people having fun in the game?

Ret paladin case has been raised already by Blizzard, please read blue posts before making another post about think that has been discussed…

I read the bluepost. It’s a very powerful reminder that the devs are completely out of touch with the game. This issue needs to be brought up again because the ret paladins are not even close to what they used to be in the original wotlk.

Lol… Same with plenty of classes, Dk used to be me even more powerful, warriors were not thrash during p1 so on. There’s no need to change anything.

DK is still very powerful S tier class. Ret is like F tier
Warriors get a lot better in Ulduar with ARP, ret stays the same F tier

1 Like

Same with Dks even if they are S tier, they used to be godtier, why you do not raise that point? I agree that warrior will be better, still smth like mediocre. However with boosted items you might not be struggling that much, who knows.

We just have talents from the final wotlk patch. Enjoy…

They were never really broken in pve only in pvp, but the changes to balance pvp affected their status in pve.

1 Like

All the FOTM human paladin rerollers getting destroyed by PvP specs on the meters… :rofl:

2 Likes

Not really, I was playing ret since classic phase 1. Ret in wotlk is very similar to ret in classic dps wise, the only thing that changed is the number of buttons. Surprisingly, ret was the best in TBC, with twisting I could even top meters if stars aligned.

And remove dmg nerf from titants grip on warriors like it was in the beginning of wrath

3 Likes

we don’t just want ret paladin to be top dps we want it to become at minimum mediocre, whenever your spec is performing like 10-15% worse than the B tier specs of course it’s alarming

come ulduar, the dps gap between ret pala and everything else opens up even more, majority of ret paladins don’t see any hope with it and are getting told to either reroll or that they’re getting benched, incl. myself

1 Like

Someone is salty their favourite streamer overhyped ret pala …

Why all the threads about Ret dps? Fury Warrior was one of the top 3 specs in Naxx in T7, but it got nerfed when most classes got buffed and now it sucks balls in T7 while also not bringing anything that is needed (if you don’t have a Prot Warrior to Sunder, Rogue expose is better anyway because it’s applied quicker).

Just deal with it, we are playing patch 3.3.5 tuning and that’s what we have to play with. Rets will improve over time and become good in Icecrown, just like Warriors.

You can’t make the argument that fury/arms warriors should be getting buffed because the ulduar ilvl buff is already an indirect buff to them, if you look at the expected performances for ulduar & ToC you can already see that fury warrior is gonna go from where they are now to being one of the best, whilst with retribution paladin it’s expected that we’re going to lose dps before we gain any

1 Like

I can make any argument I want. We’re playing WOTLK 3.3.5 talents and we knew what we had in store for us, I’m against lobbying for buffs. Let it be, Ret will have their time to shine and you’re not getting benched in the meantime anyway.

3 Likes

I gave you a very good explanation in as short of a sentence as possible as to why rets need a buff and furys don’t and you can’t find anything to say so now you’re just trying to turn it into an “opinion”.

No i won’t let it be, the expansion lasts 1.5 years ish and i don’t want to see my favorite spec be only “acceptable” in the last 3 months of it.