Retail is so bad now

Have you tried to play retail after playing sod for a while? I can’t believe I used to play that game.

4 Likes

Seeing the amount of threads asking for retail “QoL” features to be ported over, I beg to differ.

There are many things that Retail can do better, but there are also many things they did better that players take for granted until they miss/need it.

8 Likes

you’ll see, half of sod players in 12 months will be like

Season of Retail when?

1 Like

Wait you came to SoD from Retail? You didn’t play Classic?

1 Like

retail is no go until the next expansion
it feels like an arcade mobile game, over bloated with stuff

6 Likes

Played a little bit at the beginning of DF until I got burned out, so I stopped playing the game until a month ago to try SoD, now I know why I got burned out from DF. It’s as Kirstiensane said, it’s so bloated with so many prerequisite things to do, spells, reputations, currencies, professions, and most of it is barely fun. Just a grind. I felt nauseaous after one normal dungeon I quit. Now I don’t think I’ll ever go back. How about you?

1 Like

Played Retail since 2005, this is the first time I’m doing Classic. Last time I did “Classic” it was called “Retail”.

Retail has many things going for it, graphical fidelity, character customization, QoL, challenging content.

But at the same time, it’s unnecessarily overcomplicated in about every aspect of it.

You get overcomplicated dungeons and raids, overcomplicated stories, overcomplicated characters. It’s at times oppressive, overdesigned and feels too artificial or “gamey”.

People yearn for the simpler WoW days, that’s why they run away to Classic.

If Blizzard would go ahead and do “WoW 2” - what I’d love to see practically a mix of Classic content and stories with DF visuals, player character design and (some) QoL.

But given WoW 2 has fat chance of happening, Classic will suffice for some time.

1 Like

He’s not alone. I leveled to like 40 in classic on release and decided to call it a day. Not because the game was bad - I just had nothing to look forward to, it was solved from start to finish. No surprises. SoD fixed that flaw.

2 Likes

This is one of the bigger reasons why I never tried Classic until SoD.

Alot of the QoL stuff is nice tbh, the stuff that’s utterly moronic in retail is the “This is the sword of blabla” “This is also the sword of blabla” with 2 more numbers on it, here’s the same one again with even more numbers on it. Lazy creators. Port the graphics over and some of the QoL stuff, like an actual mount tab

Prescription was one blue pill every 4 hours, I think you missed some.

I played enough “classic” back in “vanilla”.

Dont think so because we are mostly Classic enjoyers anyways

That is hilarious.

1 Like

I knew I had to try SoD when they announced healing mages/tanking locks. That’s stuff they simply don’t dare to try anymore on retail. Also I’m too lazy to buy a new machine and mine can barely keep up when it’s too crowded but it runs classic flawlessly.

One thing I was hoping to see in SoD is quality riddles like we have on retail. Kosumoth spawning for the very first time was one of my best memories.

Classic with some of the QoL would be the best version of wow.
Unfortunatelly the community and the devs have tunnel vision and had their head under the sand for too long to understand.
Should probably ask for third party support to actually make classic+, if they ever decide to do so.

1 Like

haven’t touched Retail since WOD, I will never forgive them for giving out Welfare Ashbringers during Legion. But 2019 I went super hard on Classic and have been playing Era since TBC didn’t feel fun anymore.

1 Like

Wow that pretty depressing to read, Classic was so much fun and I learned crazy much about how WoW used to work and now I can 100% say that Vanilla is my favorite Expansion.

I resubbed to WoW a couple of months ago, played DF and it was so damn boring… I wish I started SoD instead right away. It’s infinitely more fun than retail.

But where’s the SOVL???

It does not have everything, but it does have many good things.

For example, if I could get Classic, but with the visual fidelity and character customization of DF, that’d be a blast.