Retail needs a more interactive community

In his own words ADS, it’s like with Trump. When he tried to get NK into line people just attacked because of Derangement Syndrom towards him (doctors in the US actually officially recognized it lol). They can’t listen to him they just go mad whenever they hear something about him, he can go into a burning orphanage and drag a caretaker out while carrying 2 babies and they would still look for something negative.

1 Like

like how i actually meant population rather than asmon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

meh, not so much. i’ve seen so much of people taking hard sides on so many subjects not even going near classic.
allied races, store mounts, transmog, rng, mount drops, azerite, gearing system, population, flying, reputation, paragon and many many more. its like we cant have a mild disagreement anymore, its people taking the extreme side in either debate, and not to poke here, but in quite a few of them, the otherside is actually wrong, cause blizz are not stupid in what they’re doing. they are doing it purposefully with only money in mind.

Don’t need him in Dreadmist to find nice people to quest or traide with tbh.

And that’s one of the lowest pop PvP server u_U

BFA only needs more inventives to play together imo. Rares and construction projects from 8.2 were a step in the right direction, although a far cry from some classic quests.

If doing a quest with some party member is better than trying solo then it’ll lead to (hopefuly, at least before an addon automate it) to more player interactions which are imo great for the game.

i am guessing thats classic? as there are no pvp servers in bfa anymore. atm classic needs no help population wise i presume as they were all high/full nearly last time i looked a couple days ago.

we used to do it in the past, we had communities, long before big names or whatever, but the game play does not lead us in that direction anymore, and also that they wont help low pop servers or which there are 50-200+ of.

Yeah, smh i though you were talking about classic since i don’t think streamers were playing BFA anymore

Sorry if i’m off topic then, it looks like classic is currently much more rewarding for content creators and streamers than BFA so i made the link between “people following asmon” to Classic, mb

dont worry, i dont think i’ve been able to articulate my concerns and worries about wow at all in this thread :\ i just worry for the future of wow. whatever path it is taking.

Imo there’s no point in worrying about it until Blizzcon. 8.3 will imo be like 8.2, so better than the previous state of the game but 9.0 which should be previewed at Blizzcon will being real changes, most likely in favour of the classic crowd (rework leveling to make it harder and more “rewarding” for example ?)

If classic is half as successful as expected then it’s a major goal for Blizzard.

For now, try to do what you like the most as much as possible no matter what you may appreciate, that’s what matters the most imo. (

And if you don’t enjoy the game anymore, just vote with your wallet that’s the only real way to show it)

Group rares only work when they drop something worthwhile otherwise they can stay up for hours. The only construction project is the reclamation one where people call for help. But yes a step in the right direction nontheless.

i just hope that blizzcon (and the future) will have a brighter outlook, and i hope the players quizz blizzard staff harder than normally do. we need more “is this an out of season april fools joke” to show blizzard that we are not happy and not the fluffy questions which blizzard will always opt to answer instead.

pretty hard to. my friends list is either all offline for months, or in classic. my guild is basically empty too. and while i do like classic, and will go back and play it at times, i cant help “feel” like theres loads i “need” to be doing in bfa thanks to the mindless grind aspect :frowning:

wish i could, but i think i am addicted as this is my only non work related hobby and only game i play. they aren’t deserving of my cash atm :frowning:

I fail to see how having people flock around you, to give you money/items or to get your attention, is a good example of a community.

Also believe it or not BFA does have a large amount of population playing it. Just because Classic is the new hot thing, doesn’t mean BFA is suffering because of it.

2 Likes

I rather have a dead server with polite people then a full server with people who are nasty and spamming twitch emotes all the time.

Asmongold has helped made the community on the servers he is on and on twitch vulgar, he is a horriable man who curses a lot and rages for no reason and sets his “gang” on people who buy store items .

Sorry rather do without "population if that what it means to be busy .

2 Likes

Yeah, he is a definite ‘turn off’ factor, his attitude is atrocious, he isn’t even funny, and Yeah, just no. We do -not- need people like Asmongold back in the Real Game.

2 Likes

I hope realm gets little more active in next patch but without more connections i dont think things get any better for example db/ghostlands.

1 Like

Real life Asmongold story from tonight: I was walking down to the nearby ASDA when I came across someone’s Samsung S8 on street. It had power still, so I pressed the home button and seen various notification messages about “funny” asmongold videos in amongst some new text messages.

Was kinda unusual to find another warcraft fan’s cell phone, but also made me cringe seeing all those amongold notifications in amongst the new text lists. I dropped the phone off in the local police station by the ASDA.

To the OP no one can make people communicate with you. I was in Classic WOW last night and there were many around and hardly anyone was talking or doing anything. I also was able to complete quests without grouping up or talking to anyone and no one asked me to group up either.

To say there is a thriving talkative community is not always true in classic. While retail WOW has less of it I will agree, classic WOW is not social central either.

3 Likes

When i was in classic last, about six days ago. I was going into tough quest spots and occasionally I seen parties come in. I spoke to them about killing our way together when there were too many mobs. They ignored me completely. So yeah, you’re 100% right. Not everyone is socialable or nice in that game.

3 Likes

all 5 posts have been cleared as not trolling by mods. cause they arent trolling and never were meant in that way.

please dont abuse the report tool in the future as it lessens what its ACTUALLY meant to be there for. if you disagree with someone to that level, just ignore the thread, especially when you are in the wrong for not even reading it.

1 Like

All I will say is I did read it and whatever they did you are NOT permitted to disclose that in public. Well done naming and shaming me good for you. pats you on the back

Didn’t they allready try make leveling harder earlier when they slowed it and had to change it back faster because lot of players didn’t like it? I just not get it how those old dungeons or areas turns suddenly fun If they turn those harder or slower or whatever when lot of players just want level fast to max meaning skip all stuff you possibly can. Maybe buff heirlooms then or something like that If they going to try that road again

Fun is subjective.

But the ticking clock and passage of time is not subjective.