Retail needs a more interactive community

They made it harder in 7.3.5 with the World scaling and harder dungeons but they didn’t (afaik) back down on it and made it easier afterward.

Imo the leveling experience is better now than in 7.3 where you would just crush everything in 3 hits and outlevel a zone after doing half of the quests

Is it enough ? I don’t think so but this was an improvement.

I would love a more challenging leveling experience with mechanics and so on (CC, heals, avoidable abilities, buffs and debuffs ect) as long as it doesn’t just make it slower overall. 85H for a new player is more than enough imo

1 Like

Thats a fan base, not a community. There is no happy go lucky community which people dream of, its literally just guilds and people shouting down your throat to invite them to your party for the trivial quest your doing cause REEEE. Thats what classic consists of minus the few normal stragglers in the game.

Also you can keep the toxic people on classic thanks, people like -him- are generally bad influencers as. For example him telling his “fans” to go spit on people who spend money on the in-game store. Yes, what a great influencer he is. Yes I brought -him- into it cause you used it as your example of what a “community is” :).

Edit: Retail will suffer the same syndrome as classic, “classes” of people will always exist which will always draw lines in the community due to popular controversial opinions such as x-content being too hard or Raider. IO killing the game (cause it impedes said peoples progress as its a way of scoring etc etc not going to go into detail). Theres always a community in the game, you’re just never going to see it at its maximum potential due to skill cap, time and progression existing in the game dividing players often than not off opinion alone.

I ALWAYS greet people in runs and make sure to thank others after a successful or failing run. This actually goes a long way I feel towards enjoying a healthy experience.

However I fully agree with than Vintoleth demon that more “close” community feeling is a great asset and one that should be enhanced

1 Like

2 Likes

Community? What community?

I just see… :man_farmer::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

3 Likes

So mindless drones wanting to be noticed on a popular streamers twitch is somehow a community? Then i’m glad we don’t have one, and i’d never want to be part of it, if it existed.

you missunderstod comunity with trolls

I must admit, I wouldn’t mind my own drones.

well then you should not have been a big child and abuse the troll reporting tool JUST because you disagree with me. its not my fault you appear to be so thin skinned. dont you understand what abusing such tools, whether in game or real life, can result in? if not, you need to do a bit of study fast.

possibly. and maybe probable. i dont know how many of those people are on that server JUST because of him.

again maybe i cant articulate what i mean. SEEING that many people there in one place reminds me of the IF scene when they shut down that big private server. just having LOTS of people in one spot breeds the chance of new friendships and connections.

its the AMOUNT of people in one place im talking about, not the type of people that were around him. the problem is (for retail):

1. too many servers are basically empty
  2. sharding is messing things up big time. its a cheap “fix” for low pop servers and needs to be got rid of and ACTUALLY address the problem.
  3. too many people just popping in and out of lfg/lfr. maybe, just an idea with no massive thought behind it, make it so that when the team is formed you need to go to that summon stone and summon the other 3 people? you’d see more people in the world that way, and anyone sitting in SW/Org would not be afk until they hear the lfg/lfr noise pop up.

i dont know how things can be fixed tbh to have the visual and feeling of lots of people in one place, but the above 3 things aren’t helping.

and why does classic specifically deserve to be labeled as so toxic? you yourself go on to say:

people like him will often move to things that bring in more views, thats why he tried that other game which was popular at the time. as you said, (and others have) in the near future all these people will move away from classic. does that mean that all that are left are also toxic?

this is a separate argument, but briefly he is right with his opinion there, although actively telling people to go out and do that is not appropriate. people can do what they want with their money, this is true. but they dont realise what such transactions are leading to down the road, and hence why so many (a lot? the majority?) players are NOT happy with the state of BfA and the direction that activisionblizzard are going.
but like i said, the cash store is a different issue.

Where do I sign to keep them there plz?

because it is?
go check your classic forums, pal, it ius infested with trolls
the in game chat is obnoxious, what u call community interaction i call memers, trolls and even more…
we all tried classic this launch, we all seen what has to offer
again, you are mixing comunity with trolling , just by readign your responses i can see that.
M8, if classic makes that all the trolls, abusers and harrasers leave the retail just to join the streamer servers, im all up for it.
And btw, nothing wrong with LFG AND LFD, i play this game since 2005, i chose to post on my REAL classic character for this very reason, you can keep your summoning stone, no flying, no quality of life game addition in classic.
Ppl who evolved beyond that have retail. With less trolls and toxicity lately, geee i wonder why

seriously wtf? thats a bit of a loaded reply? if you read my replies like you said you had, you would see i admit that maybe i have not said what i meant well enough.

people keep saying that classic is full of toxic and obnoxious people. i am STILL yet to see that on my server (RP). maybe im missing it EVERY time it happens, but there we go. i rarely look at classic forums because basically i know everything that will happen in classic for the next 2 years. i look at BfA forums cause i have the stupid hope that the game will be repaired with future patches and expansions. but i mostly get proven wrong. 8.2 case in point.

saying classic is toxic counters what you and others are saying about all the BfA trolls going there. errr, your own argument shows that BfA was toxic LONG before classic was? and once they get bored with classic they will all go back to BfA, so again, BfA will be toxic?

are you trying to say that im not posting on my main character? a toon that has existed since 2008. that i have other toons locked away with more than 26K achievements points on them and a bigger post history than this one? i dont see your point. this is my main, and also one of the reasons i dont post on my classic toon is cause vintoleth is my avatar for WoW. also, if you mean this toon was the toon you played on in 2005, then why are you calling it REAL CLASSIC? classic didn’t exist in 2005. vanilla did. classic is NOT vanilla.

the concepts of lfg and lfd are ok. the way they are implemented are not, and what a lot of people contribute to the downfall of WoW. and where have i said that i am against flying and qol? in any pathfinder thread i post in i am STRONGLY advocating FOR flying. also, it shows you didn’t play classic enough to be able to comment on it with experience to back it up. you mention summoning stones.

there are none. they are markers for the dungeon. you cant use them to summon.

so, yeah, yet another egg on your face comment.

retail is not an evolution of wow, it is a mutation. i will not disagree BfA has MANY qol aspects i am missing now while playing classic. MANY. but most of its other directions, the HEART of the game is gone. it is just turning more and more into one of these money grabs that the big game manufactuers are falling for.

and how do we know there are less trolls and toxic people in BfA atm? most of those people are probably children or manchilds. the slow gameplay of classic will not keep their short attention span occupied for long before they return to BfA, if in fact they ever left.

so, again, if you had read my posts, like you said you had, you would see that i am NOT talking about streamers. i am talking about many people being in one place, for no other reason than they want to play the game. and by having many people in one place, friendships have a chance to blossom etc. that cant happen if you dont see anyone around you, or they constant spawn and despawn because of sharding or lfg queues.

i really dont know what you had intended to bring to this discussion? basically everything you said has already been backtracked on, or you are just wrong, basing your facts on your feelings or personal observations.

if its not about asmongold then why are you saying his name multiple time slike some annoying fanboy that want to advertise his favorite streamer

1 Like

He would have that in any MMO game. It’s more of a cult following. They are his fans, they like to be interactive with him. I think it’s a bad example.

3 Likes

i think i’ve mentioned his name 5 times total?

• 1 of which was the title, which i changed as suggested by another player.
  • 1 of which was in my first post, where i am trying to point out that its about all the people in one spot, not that its because they are surrounding asmon. as in, put aside your likes/dislikes for him.
  • 2 are in an edit of my first post, where i try to tell people to just read what i am trying to talk about rather than focus on asmon.
  • the last time was about half way down the thread where i was replying to someone and again saying that my context was “dont think about asmon” when they said context was important.

i dont think this really counts as multiple times considering:

1. i changed the title as suggested
  2. the 4 other usages of his name have been me trying to tell people not to factor him into things.

the only reason why i mentioned him at all the first time was because of context: the place i saw what was probably hundreds of people crowed in one space was around him after he hit 60. how else could anyone reference the number of people i was talking about if i dont show them what i was talking about?

i think too many people have a personal issue with him for whatever reason, and they cant listen to anything else once his name is evoked, even if the issue has merit.

like, say the world always feeling empty or detached? WHICH WAS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO INITIALLY MAKE!.

i think im going to stop any further replies here. people have too much hate for asmon, even though im not a “fanboy” or anywhere near that. some people who i agree with things elsewhere, like oldmanbarry, are focusing too much on the asmon aspect here, and ignoring the issue. i dont see it worth tainting such collaborations in the future when we try to address other issues in the game which need people to come together, cause people cant get over their hate of asmon.
and now im losing puny :frowning:

this is 100% trolling, it has to be… classic is worst than 4chan, everyone trying to bait others in forums, making bait posts to try and get ppl banned
i played classic when it was relevant, what is now on servers is a pit filled with trolls and griefers that take advantage and feed on others misfortune
On some servers there are guilds that all they do is mass report + silence everyone that doesnt agree with their 4chan chat spam
i wont go on retail vs classic , simply because they are very different games atm, what i am seeing si rose tinted glasses everywhere, classic in no way shape or form is an superior version of ANY mmo currently on market
and yes, is bully land , same as their own forums, everyone baiting, insulting , literally in every thread.
The comunity as a whole is what ppl make it, not the game itself, Blizzard wont provide educations, just tools in some form to try and counter the relentless assault of online trolling and bullying, that goes to extremes now on classic servers, with death threats from streamers guilds aimed against other players, irl doxing and what not.

Again you persist with this notion I am x y or z and it’s funny because you actually know next to NOTHING about me personally and have jumped to conclusions because of a post. You continue trying to condescend and patronize me about my past actions yes right actions that took place in the PAST. Sadly you do not seem to grasp the idea that you have no idea who I am at all. So just stop it.

Thin skinned far from it. I at least do not go around naming and shaming people with direct quotes from them you do think that action shows in itself who is thin skinned. Again just stop.

guess im lucky i chose the RP server. like i said, i’ve not seen that here yet. amazing you ignore everything else i said. just dont worry about this no more.

no, i dont know anything about you apart from your actions in this thread. my opinion of your actions are correct. i know everything i need to know about your ACTIONS in THIS thread. elsewhere, of course i dont know a thing about you. show me where i ever said i did?
you abused the trolling report button because you disagreed with what i was saying. it was reviewed and you were proven wrong. you now are trying to play the innocent, where you were not. so now you say i am going around naming and shaming. show me where i have EVER done this in 13 years playing this game. you did an action and i linked to your post to show you are wrong. i dont think that comes under naming and shaming as it was obvious it was you and it was in relation to what was going on in this thread. how else did i know it was you (which you have since admitted) when you dont get told WHICH player has reported you?

and past actions? this was only a couple of days ago? people still hold stuff against people (wrongly in a lot of cases) from 10, 20, 30 years ago. i dont think a few days ago counts as “past” actions. they are recent actions. that sounds like people who did something stupid in the past and try to use the explanation “i’ve changed” by saying it was in the past. if you are trying to use that excuse, then have you learned that misusing the report tool is wrong?

man up. you tried to throw a wobbly and got called out on it.

Keep persisting with this because it is clear evidence you get a kick out of picking on people. Which in turn makes you to be a bully seems clear to me your not going to let this go till you have “won” the argument and I beg forgiveness and that is not going to happen. Oh and that long drawn out commentary on me was skimmed over I really do not have the time or inclination to write a long winded assault on a complete stranger who I do not even know.

The people around him is the mentally disabled twitch community of his that can’t shut up for one second. If that’s what it would take to bring more players to the capitals i would rather see this game completely die and blizzard shut down the servers.