Rework affliction warlock

It’s because we do the most damage when conditions are right, but the reality is those conditions are so rare that it usually never happens. But still Blizz will be thinking ‘but potentially they are the best if given xyz…’

In other words everywhere else is poop because during MDI they pull entire instance and Affliction locks can then do 2 million+ damage a second.

Blame the 0.1%'ers. If that potential is in the game, which it is, then Blizzard will be more reluctant to act.

Let’s hope that new patch makes Affli somewhat more bearable to play.
I still hate MR – it makes the spec clunky and the timer on that DoT is obnoxiously low.

2 Likes

Just get rid of the Malefic Rupture and buff dots. I’d love to play Haunt like in WoD but due to MR it’s not strong enough.

6 Likes

I want to get Malefic Grasp instead of Drain Soul as talent. And Drain Soul replaces Shadowbolt.

Malefic Grasp combines Drain Soul and Drain Life into one spell. This should already improve Affliction.

A little bit off-topic, sorry for that but I love your transmog, am I allowed to copy it? :smile:

Good thing there is still Destro. Outside of that spec, warlock is sadly not worth playing currently. Sadly our only valuable utilities this season are gate skip for the Freehold trash mob and summoning people in pug Aberrus raid clear.

1 Like

Maybe blizzard should rework Affliction like that:

Instead of MR we get Decimating Bolt same cost and cast than MR. DB buffs our Corruption, Agony, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul/Shadowbolt by up to 50% depending on losing health of the enemy.

Absolute Corruption and Syphon Life are baseline. Instead Affliction gets Dark Regeneration.

Kindled Malice is removed instead we get Dark Bargain.

Creeping Death and Xavius’ Gambit are baseline, instead there will be Oblivion and Doomed Oblivion, which gives Oblivion the interaction with the dots as 2 points Talent.

The final Talent is Soul Oblivion reduces the cost of Oblivion to 2 Shards instead of 3.

make mr castable during move maybe

No we had KJC and blizzard removed it because they don’t want us to move during a cast.

Fastest fix would be making Agony a curse so it benefits from the talent “Sacrolash’s Dark Strike” increasing its duration each time corruption ticks.

This would be one of a hell band aid they can do just a quick fix a rework later. But that would make the spec atleast a bit playable till then.

1 Like

Best fix would be to make soulswap 2 charges, thats bare minimum, and bring dark souls back

Only rework I’d like to see is some kind of procs that make Seed of Corruption insant cast. Other than that I have no problem with affli. Our tier set bonus is pretty damn broken compared to other specs.

Just make MR either go away, or make it instant cast.
By the time you have to move or do mechanics, the damn thing expires.

2 Likes

Well, the spec is getting helluva buffs next reset, can’t wait!

1 Like

I didn’t take a proper look at them – can we get a post of the buffs we are getting on affli here?

Becuase of fancy idiots here, happy and stupid, the affli is so bad and it stays bad

2 Likes

Sigh. Wanted to try warlock again with the new races added and Afflictions seems to suffer from a button bloat… Least since it’s Legion iteration.

Meanwhile hunters…

Hunters are not really casters, you should compare warlock more with Shadowpriest
Mage and boomy are mobile casters, shadow and warlock are turret casters.

1 Like

Using any kind of ranged weapon still require some “cast” time to ready and ensure the projectile will actually hit target.