Reworking metamorphosis

Let’s face it, metamorphosis is probably one of the best if not the best part of being a dh. What’s not to love in transforming in a big demon with the power level of a mini boss while collecting warlock salty tears ?

So a good way to improve on dh would be to improve on metamorphosis. And with the unnprunning, leveling rework, and new focus on class fantasy coming in SL I see a great opportunity here.

With the leveling Rework each level must come with a reward, most of the time an ability/passive. And since they aren’t enough abilities to do that for dh many dh, myself included, want that some of the talents that have been a go to pick in all situations (looking at you demonic) are made Baseline and be replaced in the talent tree by new abilities.

And this is where the metamorphosis comes in. What if an entire row of each spec talent tree was dedicated to what demon you transform into ? Each different talent would bring a different form, bringing personnalisation, with unique perks and strengths, bringing more gameplay options.

Lorewise we already know that each demon hunter absorb the soul of a demon to become a dh so it wouldn’t be too far fetched that the demon absorbed influence your metamorphosis ?

For example I could see for havoc a felhunter inspired one more focused on control like silences, ccs and mana burns and for vengeance a felguard inspired one which would give you a big armor boost which would perdure after the metamorphosis ended but go down over time.

What are your thoughts ?

2 Likes

( I misread the topic, wops )

transform into a felpuppy

how about demon hunters that are not staying 24/7 in demon form how it was intended from the beginning lel
the animation of annihilate looks just stupid, yo it is not a dance contest

I said improve, not buff.

Improve Buff

Grovi : They are the same picture’s

Did you even read my post or are you just lurking on the dh forum just to complain about dh ?

1 Like

I did, but that section/line looked like you wanted dh to buff meta

In your language, i misread it

Ah ok, no problems then.

1 Like

Did you mean to take this further than one for havoc and one for vengeance? From your ‘whole row of the talent tree’ comment, I assumed you were thinking of three different options for each spec, and each different option would have its own appearance and set of traits associated with it.

It sounds like a great idea as long as they can balance it well enough that the difference between how they perform is tiny, and they all represent a viable option.

1 Like

It was the idea yes, yeah balancing it would be difficult but a man can dream. Can’t he ?

i like this idea, there’s tonnes of demons to choose from that could make Metamorphosis so much more interesting.

It would be fantastic to have meta actually change gameplay instead of basically just being a % empowerment with the same rotation.

You could have a Felbat form that sprouts flight capable wings to further increase your mobility (perhaps reducing the baseline mobility as compensation) and allow you to lob fel explosives at long range.

Perhaps a Dreadlord one where you generate a fel plague aura around yourself, can shadowstep around instead of fel rushing and your melee attacks deal shadow damage at range (think enh shammy ascendance).

Or maybe a Shivarra one where you sprout an extra pair of arms, doubling your auto attack damage and causing your melee attacks for apply bleeds.

1 Like

What about male dh though ? :thinking:

Temporary gender reassignment. You’re transforming into a demon. Why does it have to be the same gender?

2 Likes

Hey if blizz took the time to give boobies to the Illidan cosplay form we can ask for male counterparts too :stuck_out_tongue:

I rather have them remove the one for vengeance, it’s awful.

Yeah remove a defensive cooldown from vengeance, we just swimming in those as a tank spec.

1 Like

Just the looks :roll_eyes:

What’s wrong with big beefy demon ?

There’s no sound when you hit something, the animations of hitting something are “weak”, gliding looks just terrible.

I’d rather have a glyph that somehow doesn’t transform me into a big ugly demon. That’s the only thing I do not like about it.

2 Likes