Rez Sickness to get worse (IMHO)

From the Wowhead Article.

On the face of it many would see this as an improvement but I see it as worse. Taking rez sickness used to incur a roughly 300g - 400g repair bill. This is now to double and then some with higher item level gear so 900g or 1000g, do this a few times and it will soon add up to painful levels.

They say they’re doing this because with the 10 minute cooldown players would just log out. And this is what I did, It would give me some time to do some pet battles on an alt or run a dungeon for a mount. Or I used the 10 minutes to clear some bag space, a never-ending job these days with the amount of spam filling them constantly.
Now I can’t avoid the cost, I’ll have to eat the repair bills.

Generally I’m forced into Rez Sickness by dying in really difficult to find / navigate areas. Mostly happens before flying is allowed.
If the terrain in Dragonflight is less difficult than SL then maybe this won’t happen so often but I have little hope of that.

They could mitigate this issue by allowing flying as a ghost in most areas (even before regular flying is unlocked).
They could also keep the repairs to under 500g a Rez Sickness use.

4 Likes

I think I’ve used res sickness 3x in the 15 years I’ve been playing. All times have been because my body has been unreachable.

9 Likes

Geezus, people nowadays are obsessed about every usless aspec of the game:))

I also used ress max 20 times in 16 years of wow all expansions

Lol

5 Likes

How often you been using ress sickness for this becoming a issue???

6 Likes

As it currently works on beta (although this may be subject to change) you can fly as a ghost and go back to your body easily/fast.

And trust me, in the testing phase I have had some crazy deaths which involve throwing myself off my dragon mid-air and landing in half way up a mountain…

You also have to take into account dragonriding, you might not have typical flying until a later patch but you do get the ability to fly very early into levelling and even if you don’t put much effort into building up your dragonriding skills you can get around the terrain fairly easy.

There really is no reason to take res sickness unless you are being corpse camped.

Also as for repair costs, so far I’m not seeing them be too outrageous even after the couple of times I’ve ressed and taken the sickness because the GY was right where I needed to be anyway.

There are far more pressing issues that Blizzard need to deal with before release anyway imo.

3 Likes

900 gold is 1 calling.

1 Like

By the sounds of it (your details are appreciated) they have mitigated this pretty much as I’d have liked them to. Flying as a ghost will pretty much solve this problem.

1 Like

It’s only if you ress at the graveyard, we still have the option to go find our body.

I don’t often have to use the rez sickness option, especially in Retail.

1 Like

Same.
Rez sick these days it’s only if you have a specific need like killing a very low lvl mob, or you’re immensely far away from where have to be next, or in some places that you can’t access otherwise.
Incredibly rare occasion. And having 1 min instead of 10 can only be welcomed

1 Like

If by “a few times” you mean “hundreds of time” then sure…

1 Like

There are so many more graveyards too these days. It’s not like Classic where there is like one per zone.

1 Like

Probably not hunners but I would use more than average. My eyesight isn’t great so in difficult terrain I can get quite lost and the 10 mins res sickness is usually less than the time to find my corpse. Revendreth was a nightmare and I likely spent thousands of gold in that zone whilst leveling.
To me 1000g still feels like a lot of gold even though I know it isn’t worth what it once did.

But meh, we can fly as a ghost apparently so my fears have been allayed.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I had to use rez sickness. Not even if I count in classic, having leveled two characters recently. If you’re dying in unreachable places so often that repair cost due to rez sickness is even a blip in your mind, then I seriously have to question what in the hell you’re doing with your characters.

1 Like

Lately the only times i’ve taken ress sickness has been when i was too lazy to walk back and didn’t need to do anything for a while anyways ingame. I can count the amount of times i’ve done that in the last few years on one hand.

1 Like

Many people dont realize rez sickness is important tool at high level if you are achivements hunter.

Many things accomplished by taking rez sickness. 1min is not enough - 10 min was ok.

Why this change was needed I dunno.

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to resurrect at the spirit healer unless your corpse is somehow unreachable or is being camped in war mode.

2 Likes

A 50% reduction and no other change would have been fine. maybe that was to simple for them.

You can Res at the graveyard!?

I do not mind it punishing you more for selecting res sickness. Like people here said, you should only take it as a last resort if you are stuck and unable to reach corpse or corpse camped.

Only time I used ress sickness was because I was either stuck…or was flying while being afk and died due to fatigue :rofl: