Ridding of a guild tag on the forums

Hello, forum-goers. The current guild tag (The Riftwalkers) has stuck to my character for over a year at this point despite the guild not existing for over a year already after I have disbanded it.

How could I possibly rid of the tag? I do not want to join another guild (decided to stay guildless), and I have done countless relogs. Is there any other method to do so, or a possibility of the forum moderators manually removing it? I would truly appreciate any help with the matter.

2 Likes

change chars, sign out, clear browser cache/cookies, login from wow/logout coldshade, relog in wow eu forum

This character is currently not in a guild, let’s see if I have the same problem.

Edit; Yep, happens to me as well. I played this character today and logged out from the forums etc.

Anyway, not an issue, I’m still in this guild but I always forget to re-add this character (I’m not using it much lately).

Already tried those. Thank you for the help, though!

This alt of mine is guild-less,but armory believes it is in guild

Wait ,armory actually doesn’t display it as if it’s in guild only on forum :face_with_monocle:

If you are guildless just log out of the forums, clear your cache and log back in again. Should fix it.

If it really doesn’t you can force it with a password reset.

1 Like

I can confirm this. i had to do it with this character after I had left the guild I was in weeks ago.

1 Like

But my cache is automatically cleared every-time is close browser

1 Like

Why not make a guild just for yourself then? It’s worth it for the perks.

test post ,ignore me

The new website/forums/armory annoys me. Every time I sign in it defaults to this char and I’ve had trouble changing chars in the past (though it works now), site would just break and refuse.

Armory also lost a lot of stats/data relating to my chars, like boss kill numbers changing and other stuff, the armory is also way harder to really explore and information.

I don’t know what my point was, just ranting. I never play this priest, it always defaults back to this when I post though.

If I have been logging in on multiple devices, would I need to do the same thing on each of them?

Just on the forums, don’t need to do anything in game.

If you scroll to the top and click on your name in the top right you should get this menu:-

Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:

1. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  2. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter .

where ? in windows drive or games drive ?

I hope the password reset is going to do the trick… have not tried that one.
EDIT: Damn it.

Only thing i manage to get rid off is avatar image.

2 Likes

Cache resets did nothing, game and forum relogs did nothing, password resets did nothing. Is there anything else I have not thought of, other than praying for a Blue’s intervention? Could a ticket possibly do anything?

Come to terms with who you are…

Riftwalker.

2 Likes