RIP Balance Druid

They’ve butchered nearly every aspect of what’s made balance strong and fun to play this season. It’s a combined assault.

I guess I’m rerolling then?

RIP

1 Like

Rest in Pepperoni :frowning: Just geared my alt druid and after this bloody assault on the spec i guess it is time to reroll, thanks Blizzard, you are the best, always keep game refreshing and urge to switch to a new class after each pacth.

I don’t mind the double trinket nerf, it was really over-inflating our CD damage as we could overlap two trinkets with CA and a big convoke. I’ve peaked at like 20k single target dps with pride and lust too.

The convoke nerf I don’t love. It’s just going to be much less fun of an ability now and is pretty much a rotational ability.

Solistice nerf I don’t mind too much. It’s pretty much just a numbers nerf so fine. I hope it doesn’t make new moon the meta talent because I absolutely loathe that talent and always have.

The stellar drift nerf, however. Now that is HORRENDOUS. Giving our core AoE ability (that isn’t even a burst AoE ability like wild spirits but just rot damage) a cooldown absolutely butchers the spec in M+ and AoE raid encounters imo.

This is nerfing one of the key aspects of what makes the spec fun just to bring it back down to middle of the pack dps. Bad. Bad. Bad.

2 Likes

I agree entirely… I don’t mind the tuning and trinket adjustments but this got to be a joke. Nerf the % of whatever you want but the mobility using this talent was fun.

Is fun not allowed in wow? Does everything has to be a chore? Change it back ffs.

1 Like

They need to be nerfed just like Fire mage immo

3 Likes

I think the boat legendary had to be nerfed. It was so much better than the others. But I think they nerfed it too much. The problem is that balance druid single target damage is tied to boat. Without boat, balance druid single target is mediocre at best. I think 30% instead of the 24% thats on PTR atm would be more fair.

The stellar drift change is a joke. Balance druid have like what, 2 raid fights where they excel in terms of spread damage. But if you look at m+, balance druid is not even close to being the best at aoe. You bring a druid for the utility and the single target. But now they nerf both single target and aoe. Taking stellar drift on ptr is actually a dps loss compared to if you have no talent at all…

For starters I would wait with calling RIP for anything right now its a first PTR draft and the real thing is over three months away still so alot will still change. Even the very best players have underestimated or overestimated specs in the past.

Just look at Windwalker this expansion the spec was pretty much put in the ground by everyone and very few acutally went it but those that did showed that the spec was acutally really good.

Or Fire Mage is another great example on a spec that was highly underestimated, a majority of Mages went Frost thinking it would be the superior spec for Mages and had to both reroll covenant and create a new Legendary after the first week of Castle Nathria when they all saw that Fire was super good.

If we’re talking tanks the pro community was pretty much all hyping up Blood DK like the superior tank which turned out to be maybe the worst tank in this first tier across the board. While VDH flow under the radar and became a power house.

Holy Paladin a spec I really underestimated I can admit has been performing way better in both PvE/PvP than I thought was possible.

Balance have seen a steady rise in numbers during this first tier and a nerf was 100% needed to reduce the numbers of Balance mains, basiclly every class that beats them on single target also saw nerfs in this first draft.

2 Likes

The wild thing about the SD nerf is that it is now a dps LOSS vs not even having a talent at all. That is utterly insane.

Even if our raid performance after tuning is decent, I think they’ve attacked the playstyle too aggressively for me to want to continue with Balance in 9.1.

Ele is also a very fun, dynamic ranged spec and whilst it has it’s weaknesses (ground-targeted AoE is kinda dudu), it seems to have maintained it’s playstyle going into 9.1 so that looks like a solid option.

Great news

1 Like

Yeah, Balance was incredibly strong, but was it fun because it was mechanically entertaining or just because it was incredibly strong.

There’s a difference there.

Balance definitely needed a tune down due to how far ahead it was compared to the rest of the pack. Take it from a UDK player, we had the same treatment. It was too powerful.

If being powerful is what made it fun for you, rather than the class itself, then you’ll love finding whatever other FotM spec to rabidly fawn over next, and frankly your opinion will mean squat.

2 Likes

Where are people comes with comments, like “incredible strong beyond overpowered etc”, from LFR-competitive raiding scene? Cause i open DPS charts in Mythic Castle - only ONE boss is dominated by boomkins (Councils, even then it just “for logs” with useless damage), so let’s say that not a single fight is where overpowered boomkins are toping all the charts, but still got bashed and nerfed, because of “too strong dps”, lol :slight_smile:

I agree they nerfed them hard i dont understand the starfall nerf or the solstice nerf.

1 Like

Stop saying lfr people because i am furious that people say that tbh they play the game too and maybe understand it better then most of the elitist meta slaves, blizz needed to nerf 2 things of boomkins, first Boat that needed a nerf and they did, then convoke need a nerf but they didnt. They took the easiest solutions they nerfed the talents.

You realise that convoke alone barely do any damage ? you need the legendary BOAT who will be nerf and Berseker.
But with the nerf of BOAT, Berseker is now useless for convoke, so it’s as if they nerfed convoke.

I f you die of convoke alone that’s mean you have just 20K health

Convoke doesn’t need a nerf. Its not convoke that’s OP, its the boat legendary. If you nerf both, convoke will be dead. And by nerfing boat, you nerf convoke.

Just looked at Limits two kills of the two heroic bosses up for testing, two single target bosses and guess what Balance was doing really good despite the nerf guess its not as dead as you think :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think balance druids are dead, but I’m worried about the nerf of BOAT, Do you know which legendary they had for the test ?

Two bosses says nothing, especially if it was bosses where the moonkins used stellar flare for single target. Many moonkins are worried about the stellar drift change and the impact it will have in m+. Everything is not about raiding.

I think many moonkins agree that the boat nerf was justified. It was too good compared to the other legendaries. But the stellar drift change makes no sense. In m+, we did good on high fortified keys. But on lower and medium high keys, you can find many others specs doing more aoe damage than us. We have no aoe burst. Its sustained over time.

1 Like

For me, the thing that makes balance fun on live is stellar drift. Making the choice between starfall or not on a high movement fight where it does less direct damage than starsurge but you can increase damage by being able to cast while moving is my idea of fun. They could take away the extra seconds and the damage increase from stellar drift and I’d still pick it over any other talent in that row just for the joy of being able to cast while running around. Making it put starfall on a CD and a less than worthless talent is just sad, and strips the fun out of the class.

Yeah so I watched the limit ptr and also did a few dummy runs. Seems like they finally balance the game… Except for Priests every dps is pretty much inline.

What bothers me, is that it seems like other covenants are finally worth being taken but the fact that covenant switching stays painful makes this irrelevant. Would love to try venth or necro but it’s just to stupid to switch