RMT/Boosting for golds = Killing community?

I try it a few times. Trust me. I enjoy every single raid. But people are boosted. Don’t know any mechanics, don’t care about mechanics, if you tell them where they failed they will send you …you know where because they are higher ilvl then you / only because they paid and skipped progress for the first quarter of expansion…A lot of guilds work like “I will make a guild to have free people carry me to my dream gear” …no one care if you really play well or not. No one will explain to you what to do or not. And that’s what I saw a lot of times. And I saw a lot of people have the same problems. Most of.

No,

(I wish I could remember the trick for not having to bolster my character count)

how do you think they will learn the mechanics without trying ? videos don’t teach that much because it isn’t the first hand experience . that’s the way old players think and you talk like you wouldnt let newbies to your guild or runs.

<sometexthere>

1 Like

Literally under your comment is a comment from a guy who talks about the same thing as me. It’s half to half. But there is only one process that we can blame for that. A nice example is a classic wow and old expansions where people don’t blame the community but the slow progress. It’s boring and they find out that behind illusions of nostalgic ideas.
But everyone will tell you. The community is the best thing for that. Go somewhere with some party of random players and talk. Not pay for it. Its why people go on unofficial ones if we will talk about classic servers and official dies for boosters and sellers,bots.

i’m on their side tho. i’m talking about end game stuff

This community going to hell. Every single game tries to avoid RMT, boosters but in WoW everyone defending it. I go leave WoW for ever. Bye.

i’m not defendin rmt i’m defending new players as a newer one than you. everything you say is against new players and that pissed me off .

I don’t think anyone defends RMT.

Boosting for gold is more mixed.

Nobody likes the ads in the group finder.

New Players are just that, they still join guilds, they still learn to play the game and many do so without boosting. I’ve never seen a player advise others to get a boost if they are new. Quite the opposite.

Boosting for gold has been in the game forever, it’s something some of player base has always taken part in. It became easier and easier to boost, lockouts changed, no longer realm locked and can play with people from other realms, until the change to group loot you could keep bringing people and they’d still get their personal loot etc. But the same group of people can do boosts over and over and are only limited by the instance lock.

1 Like

Bye👋 have fun in whatever you do next.

Wat? There’s an in game guild finder.

Bye. Can i have your gold please? I need to buy a boost :smiley:

1 Like

boosting is a normalized thing in ANY MMO game these days whether you like it or not.

even if it was somehow doing that boosting scene won’t die as long as Mike Ybarra is the president of blizzard he’ll forever go down as the man who advertised boosting on his twitter also the tokens make Bobby K a lot money the $$$ is far more then the subs most likely

But do you understand that you can start the game and find a guild that will teach you and help you clear content? without being req to buy a boost?
And no you don’t need to go outside of the GAME blizzard literally created a tool for people to find a guild in game
In BFA i joined a random guild from a chat and i cleared HC content and half of the mythic with them and they were not even close to be the BEST PLAYERS or a booster material they were just people hanging out on discord doing m+ raiding every saturday and sunday.
And boosting was there and it didn’t kill the game for me or for them.

If only you put this effort into finding a right people to play with :smiley:

Hey! you cant say things like this!!!
This implies that if you put in some effort you can do all the things in the game that you want to without buying a boost…
This totally goes against what all the low effort dudes want us to believe!!

there is no community after wotlk …even more so what was left died with crz and realm hopping

Hmm did i just turn over 2 pages at once???

I dont usually post on forums but here we go,
I started in shadowlands lands pre patch. I didnt know basically anything about wow, besides playing a trial a looooong time ago (i think TBC was current). I didnt even know that boosting was a thing (besides the general chat spam, but i assumed those are just scammers or bots). I geared solo through heroics and found out m+ was a thing and only did LFR. i remember struggling with a +7. Didn’t know what raider io or io score was, didn’t know people were doing +25s. I was there for the ride.
Come shadowlands i joined a casual normal/heroic raid guild made friends and progressed slowly and had AOTC and KSM as my goals. I started pugging keys and raid with my guild, sometimes doing the odd m+ key together. I left and joined a “better” guild, since the first guild was stuck on denathrius and it slowly started to disband. During the content draught of 9.0 to 9.1 my 2nd guild also disbanded and went to classic while i stayed and learned about boosting. I started boosting 14s and 15s. Now i am in a semi-casual mythic guild with a lot of friends and we run all sorts of content together.
So, to answer your question, no, its just your willingness to actually play the game and not spend your time whining on forums, cuz no1 gives a damn. You either enjoy the game and adapt to it or find something more fitting to do in your spare time.

Edit: i myself purchase boots to gear an alt quicker, there’s nothing wrong with that