RMT/Boosting for golds = Killing community?

No.

But bliz should do more to combat boosters in group finder.

1 Like

I’d say it was players entitlement that has really led to boosting being as big as it is now.
Quite a few people feel they have a right to join any group they desire.

As those kind of people refuse to do it the right way, wipe on repeat while learning until they can do it themselves, they just pay their way.

And the people good enough to boost someone? Why shouldn’t we take the gold from these entitled people :stuck_out_tongue:

i think most people here probably partake in the boosting to some degree ofc they will say no .

be it boostie or booster.

as a bystander, largely unconnected from the game…

i can say

YES it has very much damaged this game… but it has also been part of the game for longer than most realise…

so i dont expect it to change ever.

The only form of “boosting” i am guilty of is being carried by guild mates.
And i believe i once in my entire “wow life” bought a wow token because i was to lazy to grind for the money to buy the grand expidition yak🤣

you are but one in potentially millions of others who do though.

well actually since china is closing down…

i will change millions to million… or hundreds of thousands.

What has it ruined for you?
Does it stop you from joining groups? No.
Does it stop you from joining raids? No.

What does it ruin? Or is really just hurt pride, you feel you’ve earned your gear. And you don’t like other people having the same/better gear by buying boosts?

doesnt effect me at all…

but equally i’d argue it has played a role in turning this game into the competitive mess it is in 2023…

rather than the social adventure it used to be.

I have also neither boosted nor been boosted at any point in this game either.

I think the problem isn’t as big as some people make it out to be but it is amplified by a few loud ‘voices’ spamming the various channels and in-game group finder.

I wonder if the changes in looting will have an effect on reducing the amount of boosting if PL is no longer in operation.

2 Likes

How, explaination would be welcome, other than empty statements.

I remember boosting people in Vanilla. So does that mean “the social adventure it used to be” was in Vanilla Beta/Alpha?

How has it killed the social aspect, or is the reason you find the social aspect lacking because you’ve changed over the last 18 years and can’t be bothered to initiate the social aspects of the game?

the answer is right there in what i said, either you see it that way and understand or you dont

both is fine.

not worth arguing over :slight_smile:

So empty statements you are not able to expand on gotcha …

no you are unable to see my perspective for yourself, because you do not agree with my view.

and like i said that is fine.

you are always one to vouch for the more finicky systems more catered to your playstyle because it suits your personal needs, i also know you rarely see it with a open mind so giving in depth definition on my personal view serves no purpose here as you will still see it your way regardless :).

so i would rather personally not waste the breath… either you understand what i said by reading between the lines or you don’t that is all there is to it :slight_smile:

Boosting for gold does not exist in my game. When i was a new player in legion i knew this game is played with other people, so i searched for them in communities and later a guild.
I have no idea what the fuzz is about. Also while pugging this was a non issue for me.

1 Like

I think i always have an open mind. I just dont accept empty statements. If you could actually come with a coherent explanation how boosting negatively impacts your game play I’d be quite open to discuss it.

The peoblem is. Noone does. Its always “omg bliz conspiracy number 847372” or “wah, that guy has better gear than me”

2 Likes

reading your posts over the months , i dunno about that honestly.

open minded people do not resort to bickering matches they value constructive level debates with conversation openly about both sides not just to put their personal view across.

not saying you are or aren’t open minded, don’t take that personally ofc…

i’m saying i just haven’t seen it from you.

Boosting is a symptom of a much bigger problem:
The obsessive compulsive disorder in regards to getting good logs on warcraftlogs and high ratings on raider io.

Now while being boosted obviously doesn’t give you good logs, the gear without effort can get you better results in subsequent runs or even invites over people with better skills lacking that gear.

This also heavily depends on the class as well, a DPS Demon Hunter for example which has a simple rotation in general, but with any rotation addon could get people good enough logs 60-70%. So even if you would score 20% better than that person if you had the same gear, you’d still do less DPS than he does because you lack the gear.

Not sure if this is still the case but Warriors, Warlocks and Fire Mages tend to be gear dependant, people that start off with effort after having cheesed in getting better gear would have an easier time hitting DPS-checks than the people that lack the gear.

The community would be a lot more chill and more social if you removed/banned DPS-meters, warcraftlogs, raider io and similar addons/websites.

But obviously that will never happen and just stating this will probably get hate, because nobody likes being social in this community.

2 Likes

to give you peace of mind my perspective is …

boosting pushes the ideal that gearing and progression is important in this game, reality is that is only what the devs want you to think to keep you hooked…

it creates competitive and toxic attitudes when players do not progress in the manor or speed they expect, it creates the need for addons which also promote gear progression in a competitive nature which get abused by the same likeminded people to gatekeep the game to their expectations, because at the end of the day those peopel who favour such things only really care about their own progression when it comes down to it, soon as they cant progress they will drop out and find somewhere where they can…

im not saying boosting is the soul cause to these things… they each equally play a negative role in this game in promoting negatives instead of positives… pushing people to think for themselves instead of working to help each other out.

it’s why people leave keys… just like it is why people are quick to kick at a single mistake…

the rabbit hole goes deep.

i know you will also argue against this. i merely say it to end this conversation fairly for you… so you can understand my perspective.

you are a very different type of player to me, we will very likely never see things the same way, that is why i have no real interest in debating this with you , and it is nothing personal against you.

1 Like

you get what i mean at least.

In what community are you? I am fully surrounded by social players.
It is just flabbergasting to me people have such a different experience.

1 Like

How can you debate with somebody who never done above a 5+ or raided at any level like that player who also hasnt played for 2 years + they know nothing about the real state of wow they only get there info from the bits they read on here.

Its like trying to converse with a brick wall as its never there fault and they know everything.