Rogue Stealth Bug?

Hello everyone,
i made a rogue and i’m experiecing a issue.
everytime i instantly enter stealth after killing a mob the character keep trying to cast any ability on the stealth bar. Moving near a mob will in fact cast the ability automatically.
Useless moving the ability to another button of the bar, the ability is casted anyway automatically.
At the moment i just have cheap shot and ambush in stealth bar but it always cast ambush. Removing ambush will result in cheap shot cast.
I can even hear the click spamming when entering stealth.
The problem can’t be hardware because i would have it even out of stealth or even when working ( since i type a lot ).
Anyone have a solution ?
I even found this previous topic that explain my exact issue but with no answer :

Bug with rogue’s and stealth - Support / Technical Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

*** UPDATE :

ok guys, after some tinkering i think i figured out the problem.
It didn’t happen for 2 hours and if put back all like before it happens again, so i think this IS exatly the problem.
The problem is the option in GAME → COMBAT → PRESS AND HOLD TO CAST ( at the bottom ) ( i hope i translated it correctly because i have the client in italian ).
anyway, this option allows you to keep casting an ability without pressing it repeatedly as long as you hold down the key.
The issue i think goes like this, and it’s clearly a bug if i’m right :

• go stealth
  • you launch AMBUSH on a mob ( the software keeps in memory that i have to continue to use ambush, like if the input remains )
  • you get out of stealth and finish the mob
  • after mob is taken down you go back in stealth
  • the software has the input from before, when you engaged the mob with ambush, and tries to ambush repeatedly EVEN THOUGH you are not holding down the key button at that moment, no matter if you move the ability to another keybinding slot in the stealth bar and so as you reach a mob in range it will automatically cast AMBUSH.

i tried this by “keeeping” the cheap shot by using it as opener and resulted in a cheap shot spam after re-entering stealth
By disabling this thing, i fixed it, for now.
Disabling this AFTER the input lag is sent doesn’t work so i raccomend you to relog or use another ability to interrupt the chain spam ( like sprint ).
This (bug?) doesn’t happen always, maybe you have to keep down the ability button until you go out of stealth.
If someone else wanna try this on his rogue and confirm would be cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.