Subtlety - Shadowstrike (BUG?)

Dear fellow rogues,

it is been a while since I’m experiencing a possible bug, or maybe I’ve overlooked something, however here’s what I’ve observed:

I am a Subtlety rogue and usually as my opener, I use Shadowstrike (while in stealth). So far so good, nothing wrong here. However, when I kill 5-6 mobS and have Slice and Dice buff, I stealth back, target my next victim, WITHOUTH pressing the Shadowstrike keybind, the skill goes off all alone. This may sound a kind of time saver, but when I want to cc (aka Sap) a mob in a 2-3 pack, this is really irritating.

Initially I suspected a macro was doing that, but no dice, I have no macros on my rogue. Then I suspected maybe an addon misbehaviour, so I deleted the Addons, WTF and cache folder, and tried like that, but no dice again, the skill goes off even without pressing the corresponding keybind.
If I’m stealthed with the mob targeted, out of range for the skill, as soon as I get in the Shadowstrike range, it goes off as well :frowning:

It also happens in this way:

1. I am not in stealth
  2. I target a mob
  3. I click stealth icon (the standard little one on top of the bars) with the mouse, at the same time I lift my left hand completely from the keyboard
  4. If I’m in Shadowstrike range (or as soon as I get closer to the mob - note that my left hand is not resting on the keyboard, and I use L+R mouse button to run/walk), boom! The skill goes off alone.

Not sure why this happen, and it does in a kinda random manner as well; I kill 5-6 mobs then the bug starts. I noticed it last as much S&D buff expire, or I do something different like using my mount or something else. But after a couple of mob kills, the same happens over and over.

I have no keybind macros from third party sw, I’m using an MMO mouse, but all the 1-12 thumb buttons are disabled from the software itself, so even if I’m pressing any thumb buttons, they are not doing anything.

For clairifcation as keybind on my bottom bar I have:
1,2,3,4,5,Q,E,R,F,X,C and V
Top bar is the same with the Shift Modifier.

In stealth I have tried to swap Shadowstrike from keybind 1, 2, 3, however the skill goes off alone.
If I put Shadowstrike on a non standard keybing, like Q,E,R,F,X,C and V, it seems that this bug is not happening.

Any advices?

Just for the sake of my sanity, this is happening only on my rogue specced as Subtlety, as Outlaw or Assassin, I do not have any skills going off automatically while in stealth.

Thank you very much.

Edit:
Just to add some other info, so far I’ve encounter this bizarre issue on these zones:

1. Tirisifal Glades
  2. Silverpine Forest
  3. Hillsbrad Foothills
  4. Western Plaguelands

On other zones I’ve leveled, like Gorgrond, it seems I did not encountered this issue…

Edit 2:

Finally found what was causing this issue: it is related to the “Press and Hold casting” option in the combat options.

Many thanks to the fellow rogue Calcide who found this out:

Please Blizzard, make this info available on the stickies, because I’m not probably the only one that enable this option, as I have an avalanche of caster alts, and then doesn’t figure it out why some skills goes off automatically. Another topic as example:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.