Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Looking at how SL is going at the moment…
Something quick to patch in like that and maybe expand on later is the way forward.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s very true. I feel like… if this actually gets some attention, adding those things is literally using pre-existing spell effects and items and just modifying a line or two to get them to be more user friendly is very much doable.
Just so that players don’t have the issue of having to go through grinds, or getting addons to warn you cause you’re on a 5 minute timer… all those little things that take you out of the experience constantly.
There’s little else that bugs me more than going through loops to pose as a boss or enemy just for the timer to run out and suddenly losing all visual credibility.

There’s even another thing where… say you’re rping with a group thats cross-faction but the location may prevent you from entering due to pvp flagging. So people found a workaround of having your alliance char duel a horde char, the horde char steals your appearance, you relog on a horde char yourself and transfer the appeance back and switch your trp to the one your alliance char had to enter without being killed by guards or any non-rping player in a 500 yard radius.
And if you drop the buff … tough luck. Have to do it all over again.
It really doesn’t have to be so difficult… I feel it shouldn’t be.

9 Likes

This doesn’t need to be something massive but every little thing counts…

If you need an example of what’s possible with tools look at something like Epsilon WoW.
It lets you have your own phase and use commands to spawn any prop based on its modelviewer name and resize and relocate it… and you know what people have done?
They created a future version of Vol’dun after the war of bfa ended where the devoted and vulpera have rebuilt and turned the terrace into a metropolis, they started to mend the land and attempt to farm where possible actually growing stuff, the big port of shatterstone is full of ships and people to trade with… Its such a amazing sight.
I’d post pics but trust level prevents me from doing so… it’s insanely cool though ngl.

If you wanted a sales pitch they could even go as far and letting players do that in retail wow and rent your own phase that you can customize with props and gm commands like that for 5-10$ a month since obviously it would take a bunch of server resources (since all textures would be streamed in i reckon). Kinda like second life lets you own your own place for a fee.

7 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard about that one. Seeing what people create given a little freedom is nuts.
Please show people some love blizz, we’re part of the community too!

If prisms would let you simply get the appearance of hostile and friendly npcs overall without the time constraint, you wouldn’t have to wait several years just to get a new race to play/rp as.
Think of how much development time went into creating the models for arrakoa, sethrak, ankoan/jinyu etc. and none of that really matters now cause outside of a couple people in X zone you dont get to interact with them or see them to begin with.

10 Likes

Pretty much that… there’s a lot of work put into those models and the lore behind them, which even if they aren’t actively used in current content could at least still be relevant and used by players in a way.
I reckon that if I spent months on creating assets for something like the ankoan I’d appreciate them being showcased more for example. But that’s my personal opinion.

6 Likes

It’s kind of sad when you see a cool new race and narrative appear but then you don’t get to see much of it take shape and evolve and it would take way to much work to do it all and have to re-cataclysm every expansion to reflect changes…
But isn’t it odd when even after all those races you’ve befriended and allied yourself with and all those zones you helped rebuild and made safer, everything still feels just about the same? (sw and org with their embassy aside)

So what about those people you’ve saved and have shown the world is far bigger than they thought. A bunch of them would likely roam the world to explore and in search of adventure like most people do…
You can’t tell me chen stormstout is the only person who ever left their home and joined up with members of the horde (or alliance) during their travels.

4 Likes

if they inplanted RIO in to game why cant they inplant TRP addon to basegame aswell …

5 Likes

Among other things… there are a lot of quality of life changes that could be done easily.
I mean roleplay servers don’t really do anything for rp other than the fact that since they’re tagged as such you’re more likely to find roleplayers.
Could be a lot different if there was some kind of discussion about it and how to make it better.

2 Likes

And that’s the issue right there, cause I don’t recall any word or feedback on rp specifically from the developer, but at the same time there’s also no coordinated effort to get in touch with them to get the support people want cause everyone tears each other down rather than build them up to get something that would be in most peoples interest.

The best bet is to keep a thread going and grow it for however long it takes till it gets seen by people who care.

4 Likes

That’s the plan… and hopefully itll reach the ears of some people who care.
I guess roleplayers don’t necessarily check general as often unless youre in it for the banter but its the ‘big’ category on the forums that most people would look at.

3 Likes

I usually lurk but this is something I’d really like to support and see make it into the game.

1 Like

Said it perfectly right there

2 Likes

I call them TNTs and I use them as part of my teaching lingo for small things I put in my teaching space that have a big effect. Tiny Noticeable Things but they pack a bang.

Most roleplay enhancements are easily implemented TNTs and small QOL enhancements which others may easily miss or ignore but for roleplayers would make a huge difference (for example duration of shapeshift toys etc.) I mean it’s unclear why such toys have such user-unfriendly durations/cds. Their value would increase vastly if they were able to be permanent which would mean more players would be inclined to hunt for them. Why would blizzard oppose this?

Same for glyphs like the rogue pickpocket one. Why so user unfriendly? I was using the pickpocket during dance macro in a Tazavesh group this week and it was so cool being a Broker rogue for the duration of the pulls, even if it did confuse my allies a bit! They freaked out when I turned into one of the big spider ones towards the end!

3 Likes

Readability is the only valid argument I can really find against it and that can be fixed by just not allowing it arenas, bg’s and the like where it could have an impact on gameplay in a negative way.
(Like druids being able to shapeshift but you cant see the form since they’re polymorphed by a toy which overrides it)

2 Likes

There’s so much time, creativity and effort being put into the things the community does.
All the things we got from trp, to narcissus, crossrp, listener…

Just think of how much more involved people would be willing to get and how much happier people would be if they were met halfway and given the framework and tools to dream a little bigger.

It’s literally what’s been said before. Give people a couple blocks and they build you the enterprise to scale in minecraft or something.
So if people are so passionate about the warcraft universe just let them have a go and know that they would do it being faithful to the thing they love.

4 Likes

I correct myself and perhaps this will work instead.
Felt like sharing in case people are interested because it very much supports the point we’re trying to make here I guess.

https://ibb.co/sJqHY5x
https://ibb.co/fD9hCJz
https://ibb.co/9GRp2L5
https://ibb.co/55J2RYH
https://ibb.co/5cxczKt
https://ibb.co/ry9rbZ1
5 Likes

Yeah that works and those screenshots are pretty awesome.

At the moment people aren’t even asking for all that, but it puts into perspective what’s possible with the the engine/the wow framework if you put your mind to it.

2 Likes

Oh I remember seeing that before, they also did andorhal among other things and alterac which was always pretty lively in terms of playercount.
I’m all for giving players more creative tools and allowing for a wider use of models to rp as cool stuff, the potions too!

It saves the devs having to try to work in a height slider or new allied/neutral races if you cans imply achieve that via ingame items.
Can do something that would take a year or more in a week probably.

1 Like

WoW could certainly use some good news right now so doing something with player enjoyment/engagement in mind helps.

1 Like