Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

have not seen peoples RP in Kortia yet :rofl:

Likely because Korthia isn’t really something where most people would go, not even the shadowlands themselves.
As far as we know only a good number of ebon knights and a small vanguard of forces made it there, which means that most people are still on azeroth.
There’s nothing other than dying that would really justify your character being there unless they were a dk or maybe one of a chosen few ‘heroes’ to venture there
 but that kinda goes against trying not to make your char super important in the grand scheme of things.

3 Likes

What I’m wondering is how long it takes or what ways there even are to get a reply from someone that can do something about it.

Cause right now i don’t see any kind of open discussion regardless of the state people say the game is in.
A healthy back and forth would be a good start you’d think.

2 Likes

sometimes it feels they trying to porposly kill RP comunity of wow the devs :frowning:

Right now noones really saying anything, not that I’ve seen anyway.
There’s just a lot of noise because people are angry but that aside theres complete silence

1 Like

Probably not the most interesting topic for general but it’s still important that people talk about it and support it or add their own ideas.

Got to be said either way, cause staying silent ain’t going to change a thing.
So the more people join the discussion the better.

3 Likes

No.
/10char

Saying no is also bumping the thread, so thanks for that :yum:

1 Like

The more the merrier.
Though there’s got to be people that have their own ideas or wishes for rp and customization overall.
Feel free to post them honestly.

SL’s bummed me out big time after they said ‘no more customization’ this expansion when the pre-patch added so much goodness for most races. A little more on top and especially some extra stuff for allied races and it’d be perfect.

2 Likes

Why are 90% of the people posting in this thread vulperas? Also, before you ask for stuff to enhance your RP experience, wouldn’t it be more sensible for Blizzard to pull their heads out of their asses and actually deliver a good game for once?

That’s rather weird to say considering that roleplay is very much a part of the game.
If they didnt consider it at all or thought it wouldn’t matter we wouldn’t have rp servers, or have had rp-pvp servers just to give people an environment in which to do that.

Some functionality and changes here and there also support roleplay primarily.

I agree that there are a lot of things that need some work right now, but that shouldn’t mean ‘blizzard go fix everything and when that is done do ‘some rp stuff’’.

it’ll never be done.
Its a constantly evolving game and there will always be a little bug here or there or a build that performs better than others or some piece of content people enjoy less than the rest.

5 Likes

Everyone wants the game to be best it can be.
I guess what he means to say is that even if you rp you are part of the gameplay loop.

There’s plenty incentives to do different content cause everyone kinda gets something from it, even if its not the part of the game you may like the most.
You’d still likely play a couple rounds pvp to get a set from a past expansion for mog purposes even if you hate it or are vastly undergeared.
Or maybe youll level up your renown and try to get a covenant set cause you really dig the look of it even if you dont really care for SL right now.
Allied races have you run a new char and level em all the way to get the heritage armor, and people engaged in the rep grinds for whatever race they wanted to unlock doing the dailies.

As for shadowlands specifically right now though, there’s just not much for players to interact with?..
No new races, the zones aren’t relevant to the majority of roleplay characters, the lore doesn’t have a impact on most characters.
Compare that to bfa where the allied races and the big war was thematically interesting and gave you something to work with even if you played some fisherman in redridge or a grunt in the barrens.

So if you look at it from that perspective I feel it makes sense to ask for something to encourage roleplay and to keep people engaged because even if there’s a new megadungeon or raid, its not something you can use for rp purposes because its tied to the shadowlands.

6 Likes

I would agree with that, yes.
We got some customizations in the prepatch sure but since then
 outside of a few mogs theres not a lot to work with.

I’d still very much enjoy making certain items easier to use if they dont obstruct gameplay in any way. Let people have fun with them and get creative.
And people have been asking for a height slider and more allied races, but both things do take considerable time to properly implement so why not use what you already have in the game but make it better by literally changing one line of code?.. (probably)

2 Likes

Like one of the previous posters said, small changes, big impact.
They add up and you’re in a far better place than trying to make big sweeping changes and trying to overhaul everything if it creates new problems in the process.

1 Like

I think you should just be able to adjust the size of your character by plus minus up to 30%. Simple. More would be great, too, but that’s a start.

I like the idea of being able to spawn props like you can spawn a bonfire. That sounds like great fun!

I don’t think they should do too much of this bodyswapping stuff. You don’t get to play as NPC’s or as Dungeon Master in WoW - it’s just not that kind of RPG and frankly I don’t think it should be.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Size is a pretty frequent request.
We also got a bunch of random things but nothing to particularly build much with in terms of props.
A few differently colored fireplaces and the vulpera tent is a nice proof of concept really.
But there’s a lotta neat things here you could use.

WoW doesn’t directly have functionality to allow people to do that but that’s how a majority of events are run that I’ve been part of.
Usually someone dm’s and places down markers to indicate the position of a single or multiple enemies accordingly.
Though if your group or guild supports sufficient numbers people usually use prisms or whatever else works to pose as the bad guys themselves for added immersion.
That is pretty difficult to do at times though because combat as a group usually takes far longer than the rather brief duration of appearance altering items we have.

It’s just a wish of mine really because while I love text based rpg’s , in wow we could have that visual representation for friend and foe alike to spice things up a little more.

2 Likes

Usually how we do it as well cause its far nicer rp fight if you actually got a couple enemies lined up that can all talk and emote back and its not a static ‘hit this imaginary target’ thing.
So for that prisms are nice as far as humanoids are concerned.
Also playing as a couple neutral races for side character/story purposes.

3 Likes

Would just be nice for things to turn around especially in light of todays news so that the community can come together regardless from what part of the game they frequent/enjoy most.

Roleplaying’s just the thing that’s nice for a lotta people cause it can be really social and kinda therapeutic almost if you met the right buncha people.

But aye , events we also settle with markers and prisms where possible, they’re just such a massive pain to use that regardless of how cool they might be, they just manage to make it tedious.

1 Like

There’s a arrakoa guild that tries to rp on our server but can do so in pairs due to having to prism off someone else.
Think of how many prisms they burn through per day and how much time goes into just trying to set up anything rp related to get the appearances, having to stop mid-emote to refresh all the time, etc.

1 Like