Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

A fair few things seem a bit broken right now, scaling for mogfarming is completely whack too right now and a lot harder than it used to in regards to legacy raids and mythic.

Getting a lot of lua errors despite having updated the most common rp addons too but hopefully thatll fix itself in a couple days.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHaHAHaHa, What happent to your icon HARHAHRAHWRHAWRHAWRHAW

1 Like

Apparently blizzard forgot how vulpera look. I’m not even using any head slot item at the moment.
Wouldn’t be the only thing that broke in prepatch o3o

1 Like

It’s not just your race, saw it on a KT as well.

It’s pretty hilarious tbh.

I’ve found some tooltip errors, I reported them. I think they have fixed a few things in the past few days.

1 Like

Seems to be a lot of fixing and adjusting even so close to release, a bit worrying.
For people who like the new gnoll models, do stock up on the gnoll transformation wands which are account bound and cost a couple tokens each, available at the anniversary vendors like the one in the caverns of time.
Gives you a 1 hour disguise that makes roleplaying as such a whole lot easier for friend or foe alike rather than having to go through the trouble of using prisms.

kouji turned into a stone!

btw, one of my requests would be to have an item that lets you cast your abilityes on other players that are in your group but dosn’t require any resource or activates any cd, but just plays the animation of that ability on the player.

1 Like

That would be super useful yeap. Something for cosmetic spellcasting.

I heard that inscription gets like
 4-5 items to craft in dragonflight which basically create the illusion of a spell
 one for fire, one for water, one for wind or something. It’s basic but its something at least.

2 Likes

It seems Argent Dawn is sharded / phased again. I hope they will remove this soon because role players now have to invite each other into a raid to be able to end up in the same phase. It fragments the role playing community.

1 Like

Yep
 same here. So much so SW was split into three at one point. It makes it frustrating and has people jump through extra hoops just to hopefully get put into the right phase where the majority of rp actually takes place.

It is pretty upsetting and kinda reinforces the need for a better solution, such as a cross-realm roleplay toggle similar to warmode or the removal of phasing within certain areas.
It may also help faction balance and low-pop rp servers.

Phasing should be a thing when things like worldbosses are concerned because with 200 people hitting the same mob things become unplayable in terms of framerate, phasing shouldn’t apply to social gatherings and roleplay interactions however.

Meawhile, some of us still wish we could be merged / connected with other RP realms because ours are so sparsely populated :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, while I’m posting here - and please forgive me for the digression -

I don’t know if this is old news to everyone except me, but I saw this weird NPC (Soulare of Andorhal?) last night, behind Varian’s memorial (Lion’s Rest) in Stormwind, and he

gave me [Wayfarer’s Bonfire] (Toy) when I emoted /tired at him.
It looks like a burnt out, smaller version of a bonfire, with a sword stuck in it.

1 Like

Reference to the good old dark souls npc Solaire of Astora, and the bonfires you light in the game to serve as checkpoints basically. His outfit is inspired by his DS counterpart as well a bit.
Good old Solaire and his ‘Sun-bros’ :heart:

pretty sure that would up the age rating so that will never happen Turiel :stuck_out_tongue: accept that your playing a T for toddler game and move on :smiley:

FF has a breast slider.

And to add to the OP, we have tents. They’re a WoD leatherworking item I think
 unless they removed those.

the most played race aka the cat girls can’t get much bigger then our standard size :smiley: if we go by the ff 14 comparison then only tall girls aka space goats and nightborne and night elves would get big sliders :smiley:

Yeah, but the point is that they’re still there, and the rating didn’t go up.

And to be fair, the cat girls and au ra look like teenagers. ESPECIALLY au ra. Viera, for example, having super small breasts would also throw off their proportions, much like it does for Elezen(tall race without large ones).

Can’t expect you to remember Elezen. There’s only about a dozen of us.

Edit, most popular race in JP doesn’t even have them. Lalafell are most popular race in Japan.

Eh but no one cares about japan but japan to eu the only regions that matter is EU and NA heck i remember FF 11 had party comments that said JP onry :smiley: in EU and NA the cat girls are the most popular

To SE, only JP matters though. That’s why Materia is screwed
 they don’t want data center travel because it’d offend the Japanese. There’s still JP only groups in 14 too.

Most popular race in JP is male lalafell. Followed by male viera.

And it’s specifically seeker of the sun that’s most popular. Lack of giant boobs doesn’t seem to affect that any, but there’s still a slider.

And mods. But we don’t talk about those.

They at least keep bodily proportions correct.

In fairness I would love to have alternate body shapes for some races, especially tauren.
I think its a good bit up in the thread when it last came up in conversation, but it’s a bit disappointing not to have anything that really fits the way someone would like to express themselves when the only options you have are either massively bulky or very curvy.
May be a personal preference, but I’d prefer to have more options there, probably why I like dracthyr a lot because they are neither extreme.

1 Like

I still hope someone takes note of this in some way, perhaps so much so we actually get some official feedback on this.

I feel the last few weeks and the surge in players, and most importantly for this, the surge in roleplayers has shown there are a TON of people interested in giving this a go.
Especially if there are incentives and new additions to dip your toes into rp, play with new concepts or similar.

Its always a development time vs payout debate but considering how lively things have been I once again feel that with just a few quality of life additions and little bits and bobs here and there can vastly improve the experience for many and perhaps convince more people to give it a try.

Furthermore, to facilitate proper rp, I feel phasing and overall server health needs to be re-thought a little as well.
Ideally for a immersive roleplay experience it’s best to see more people actively roleplaying throughout in the world
 and meeting travelers from all over is something that would add to that.
While the population of one particular area is soft-capped due to phasing as seen in stormwind on AD lately for example, meeting roleplayers regardless of server out in the open would give a little of that adventuring and traveling feel back.

I feel looking at phasing aimed at facilitating cross-realm roleplay would still greatly help low-pop servers, while also avoiding rp hub phasing that’s currently caused by an influx of non-roleplayers.

3 Likes