Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist

Why not give people some freedom to do more exciting stuff.
As long as they’re smart about it and prevent it from being used in places where you could exploit it its fine.
Only the whole reason they initially went against any add-ons that altered models back then was the fact it could be used to mess with stuff on battlegrounds, or so they claimed.
So if you cant use it in dungeons or pvp I dont see why you shouldnt be able to.

2 Likes

I dont really know what other things are easily implemented to be honest that would help.
The things mentioned here seem like a safe bet that the majority of roleplayers would enjoy them I reckon.

Using a phasing system like warmode for roleplayers or putting servers together might step on a lot of people with existing concepts if the area they rp in overlaps but I’d look into making sure the population of roleplayers is healthy.
So a mostly alliance dominated rp server might benefit greatly from more horde roleplayers and vice versa.

Seeing towns and even rp hubs completely barren for one faction but lively as can be for the other is a real bummer though.

3 Likes

If it was possible id still like to see something like playable/aliled race sethrak because I feel they’re established enough to join either faction after they got assistance from horde and alliance against the faithless.

Also wonder what happened to the arrakoa and other races native to outland cause shattrath is still going and accessable. The portal didnt break down like the one to draenor (wod) right?

2 Likes

People really wanted sethrak for a while but considering sl is taking the story so far away at the moment im not sure if itll happen…
Would be fun though.

1 Like

Imagine making a post this polite, well thought and constructive on these forums. All my love to the role players (except for the ones playing gnomes)

3 Likes

Appreciate it a lot, thank you.
Just a wish to raise awareness. After all there’s a buncha people who have their own issues even if they may not be as vocal or present in terms of streaming and the like.

The lack of moderation and official support for roleplaying does hurt a fair, especially to some who have been at it for so many years…
There’s only so much you can do with what you’re handed before you eventually exhaust your options.

1 Like

The Size options would be good. Yes there are potions currently, but they are so -drastic- I just want to be able to look like Brigante does on his TRP, which is 5’5" which is -why- he keeps his hair in a topknot, he -is- compensating for his short height. We can’t currently do that however, it’s all extremes of height or shortness.

Elixir of Tongues is a good thing, possibly one of the best, as now you -can- get people who play as Argents, Cenarions, Earthern Ring et al, or even just, as in Brigante’s case, someone who is more than a thousand years old, so served in the Alliance during the Second War, so should damn well be able to talk to humans!

They should have went further, and just removed the language barrier entirely, at least between Common and Orcish, so allowing the other races their ‘secret squirrely’ conversations, but meaning that the characters we play, can actually do what in the lore -everyone- can do, which is speak Common!

More actual visible emotes would be nice, but I can see how they would be hard, for example /e leans on the bar, works fine for a Human, or an Elf. Not going to work so well for a Gnome, who will look they have had ‘too many’ and are just headplanting on the bar, or a Tauren who will look like they are having a really physically uncomfortable interface with the bar (That’s not a euphemism for something rude by the way, I more mean how unpleasant it would be to lean on something half your size!)

Armour Dyes would be nice. Some Races get it better than others. It’s pretty easy for Brigante for example, if he’s in full on ‘Farstrider on a mission’ mode, I have the dark greys that look like a set of oiled chainmail under darkened stiffer leather. If he’s going to the Thalassian Conclave RP event I have all the Red and Gold set (Mostly the top half of the Heritage armour, with the legs and boots from the Legion PvP set, not a fan of the lower armour on the Belf Heritage set) so he can look all spiffy.

Problem is, that works for Brigante, and my Draenei, my Gnome, my Human, but it doesn’t work for -every- race, so some further ability to customise would be nice, and armour dye such as in LoTRO would go some way towards that.

Player Housing, Guild Halls. Definitely.

Someone mentioned blank zones earlier. I kind of agree, before my health went out the wazoo I used to run a lot of events for my guild, because frankly some of the Raids are amazing settings. Got a lot of mileage out of Black Labyrinth and Ulduar for sure, Now yeah, it would be lovely to have a ‘Delete all mobs from here’ setting (Which obviously wouldn’t give you any in game rewards) but I think that would come lower on my hierarchy of ‘wants’ because ultimately, I can just go and rinse an older raid in about half an hour, and it stays ‘clean’ for a week. It’s not -that- much of a hardship.

Thinking more for bigger guilds, I reckon it would be nice if you had a similar facility with Dungeons. That you -could- run an event for more than 5 people, so 4 plus the storyteller, using the backdrop and setting of the Dungeon. There’s so many good ones… Obviously again, no rewards from the dungeon, you just nix all the mobs, et nothing from it, but can use the setting.

Can you imagine how cool that would be? Running an event on a runaway train from WoD (I Can’t remember the Dungeon name) or using the same setting to basically retell the film ‘Von Ryan’s Express’ in a WoW setting. Some sort of horrific Pirates of the Caribbean spooky voodoo ghost story using new Deadmines Dungeon.

It would be awesome.

There is so much could be done, for so little real effort…

6 Likes

I’m still hopeful for Sethrak. We met one in the Shadowlands and it’s possible we will meet them again once we return to Azeroth. Magister Umbric stayed behind with the Sethrak because he took an interest in their magic, and the Vulpera recently formed an alliance with Vorrik’s Devoted.

It might take some further story development to make the Sethrak pick a side, but I could see them picking Horde on the basis that the Alliance burned Vulpera caravans and assaulted Dazar’alor (the Zandalari Trolls, Sethrak and Vulpera are currently allies).

Hopefully they make a return in a future desert zone, or we get to see their underground society beyond the Temple of Sethraliss

4 Likes

Thanks for joining the conversation and the feedback ^^

These are all really good ideas honestly… noone really knows how easy it would be to code armor dyes for example and if its feasable but those are all some good pointers to expanding what we have and making it better.

And I totally agree… there could be a lot more done for player comfort, expression and overall freedom but its never been a main focus as content and the systems around it seemed like the main attraction.

Customization while it made a big step in the right direction is still kind of a bummer partially… for example the fact that you’re locked to a certain combination of eye colors if you wanna have differently colored ones or a blind eye.
Eyepatches for certain races like vulpera cover your good eye instead of the blind one as well due to not being able to choose which one.

Little things that like just feel needlessly rushed… time to put the passion and that blizzard quality mark back in place that we once had.
So hopefully with a reshuffle internally and focus on employee well-being we’ll see it pay off cause if you enjoy what you do, it shows in your work. All the best to the people that work on what they love.

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

Rp for us is a passion project a lot of the time so hopefully there may be someone on the other end who feels the same and gets the chance to work on it.

2 Likes

Some day hopefully.
We’ll return to azeroth and how it changed in all those years since the cataclysm I’m sure.

There are a ton more stories to tell both old and new.

4 Likes

Allied races were such a nice feature honestly… I reckon it takes quite a while to make them though having to make sure the animations are just right and the armor fits.

There’s several races that would be amazing but people fear that headgear might be an issue.
Hrothgar and Viera have been out for quite a while in ff14 and both races only have a few headpieces that show and while it does limit customization a bit im not mad at it.
I wouldn’t mind if they did a similar thing in wow and just added a couple new pieces every couple weeks rather than having to do it all in one go if it meant they would ship a lot earlier.

2 Likes

Like people have mentioned before, having had experiences with epsilon puts a lot of things into perspective what the engine is capable of.
Phasing and spawning in props from the database which includes anything from a small book, to several styles of houses found in gilneas to the entire keep of stromgarde which seems to be one connected thing at the press of a button or with a chat command.

Its making some of that accessability work for players without lighting the servers on fire I guess cause if everyone could private phase and spawn without limitations that would be way to much data.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there is a proper solution for server load in that case… gotta be doable somehow.
But hey anything to help people have a good time and express themselves as stated before ^^

1 Like

I think what would help is looking at what people want.
Take inspiration from add-ons, frequently requested features and not being afraid to look to unofficial servers and other mmos for inspiration of what the players there love in terms of functionality or content.

But most importantly communication is kind of key, would be nice if roleplay was brought up in Q&A’s or ‘state of the game’ letters or similar.

2 Likes

That’s the dream… here’s hoping that once things improve we can have a healthy back and forth if possible and discuss ways to improve the game, not only for rp but overall.
Peoples well-being at the company is paramount and goes first and foremost so I don’t expect anything for a while, but hope something positive comes around at the end of it.

3 Likes

I think everyone does with how uncertain people feel

People are theorizing a short sl and 10.0 soft reboot but who knows at this point honestly.

I just want something relatable and a bunch more options to make whatever you play feel more like you.
Different idle poses such like eso perhaps to give your char a little more personality would be nice.
But more overall helps like separate eye options, a few more things here and there for races, especially allied ones that dont have many.

More allied races take long as people said before, need animations, need to rig armor etc… got to be an alternative for that though like polymorph stuff to existing models.

2 Likes

The ESO personalities stuff is pretty cool actually.

I think the big downfall was that WoW thought it was always at the top and did only what it felt was necessary to stay there, now paying the price for it.
It’s not wrong to look to the other mmo’s out there considering they also initially looked to wow for guidance, and now they all got their unique features people love about them.

More customization, housing, more involved storytelling, better side activities, etc.

The sad thing is, its pretty hard for people to organize and attract new people towards rp in those games cause while they may have really expressive characters or similar, they dont have the rp groundwork of dedicated servers or easy ways to get in touch with the casual rp crowd.

1 Like

BFA and SL prepatch was a step in the right direction with added customization and allied races, more of that please.