RP: Greeting The New Moon

A wrinkled sheet of paper is pinned to information boards in the major Alliance/neutral cities.

It smells faintly of wet dog…

This Sunday (the 6th of October) is the first Sunday of the month, thus making it the eve of the Moonrise.

The place is, as usual these last months, the copse of trees west south-west of Stormwind, just outside the city walls, overlooking the sea to the west.

I am not as good with words as some of the other Moon appreciators, but nevertheless I hope you will be there, leaving your weapons and hostility by our awful weapon rack, from around 9 bell tolls.

The Moon will probably rise closer to 10 tolls, but waiting time can be spent talking and eating.

We have previously had peaceful attendants who were not obvious Alliance members.

If that occurs this Sunday, I cannot stress enough the importance of leaving weapons and grudges outside of the Moonrise.

I realize such company may push some buttons in some of us, but please heed the peaceful nature of this night elf tradition.

The guards on the city wall will uphold peace and order as needed.

…If what I heard this week is true, perhaps the Horde and Alliance have more in common now than we did last month…

Best regards, Gordon Morgan, druid of Azeroth.

OOC:
Bring a couple of Elixir of Tongues in case we get any ‘red’ visitors.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking over this. I will be away this weekend but hope it is a lovely event again. It always brings a nice peaceful conclusion to my weekends presenting these events :slight_smile: :heart:

5 Likes

‘Moonrise, eh?’ The dwarf mumbles the words as he reads the crumpled piece of paper with the familiar slant writing in his gnarled hands. The big white gryphon looks up at the dwarf from his comfortable position by the fire. ‘No worries, Thrice, I do not intend to cut short our trip North. I know you miss your kin.’ The gryphon focuses his golden eyes expectantly on the dwarf. The dwarf stares at the scars now hiding much of the blue pigment under the skin of his forearm and sighs. He crumbles the piece of paper in his hand and then hesitates. He unfolds the paper again and holds it over the flames. Just before catching fire, for a few moments a short message appears on the paper in brightest yellow. He reads the message scribbled there hastely and his eyes narrow. ‘Alunaria came to the Forge’

4 Likes

There was a weird occurrence on august 26th that sucked me into a some kind of time-space-rift and transported me away about 15 years…
But I’ll try to get Kitten to claw her way back into retail for this, cause this is one of my favorite things. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…Perhaps a certain old soldier orc martyr might get an honorable mention this evening… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh! Good thing this was bumped, because I almost forgot! Regardless, Lara will be there. :sunny:

3 Likes

Red visitor incoming. :wink: He’ll behave.

5 Likes

Big thank you to Moden for delivering a speech and hosting this month’s Moonrise ceremony!

That said, I bring Alunaria’s wonderful screenshots!

5 Likes

Those screenshots look great, I hope Ill be able to attend another Greeting soon. Its been a while since I attended one :frowning:

What did Moden speak about in the ceremony?

4 Likes

Not being a … traditional Moonrise speaker, it was mostly about the physical powers of the moon, and attempts at relating that to the homogeneity and equality of the denizens of Azeroth - how, in the grand scheme of things, we are all more or less ‘the same’.

…I think. It was quite a spur of the moment thing when I realized the moon was halfway up already, as I was “mingling” with the fine folk in attendance :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Shameless copy-paste with shameless editing:

I (or whoever might attend in my stead) shall try to have a few Elixirs of Tongues handy for emergencies. Cannot trade cross-faction, though…

3 Likes

I hope (but am not sure if) I can attend. Does anybody have a quick map coordinate? It could help for possible Horde toons to avoid city guard NPCs.

5 Likes

The location is directly outside the southwestern wall of Mage Quarter and has no guards–or anything else, really, just a few trees and a nice cliff. Coords are roughly (38,87).

Now that I think about it, maybe I should post a picture of the map when I’m back home…

6 Likes

Thank you Grawle!

I am back to a normal schedule again now so will be there to help.

5 Likes

First Sunday of the month! For those who wish to join but are not sure where to find us, here’s the location:

6 Likes

I’m quite heartbroken! Was forced to miss the Moonrise due to log-in issues. :frowning:

Luckily the red side was represented by Zin’jalli the troll. I hope you took good care of him and didn’t let anything bad happen to him, such as let him fall to his death from the cliff…

4 Likes

I wasn’t able to log in either. How did the event turn out?

3 Likes

The event went well, we had a good attendance and it was nice to see a mix of Horde and Alliance at the event. I said a few words as the moonrise began and I hope that people liked what I said. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Zinjalli was quite enjoyable, and we got another troll after a while :slight_smile:

I do hope I didn’t step on any blue-gold toes when I implied the reds were welcome;

I thought it seemed fitting, “in the name of peace” - especially after the event at the gates of Orgrimmar earlier…

I took some screenshots, which I will send to my trusted screenshot-maestro as soon as I can (which will, unfortunately, be when I get home from work).

7 Likes

The Moonrise has always been welcoming to members of the Horde :slight_smile: . We discussed early on about allowing those who wanted step away from their Warchief’s actions pay their respects to those that have suffered the most and agreed that it would be nice to have it be a peaceful cross-faction event as it was when first run by the Sentinels many moons ago.

6 Likes