RP Pet Peeves

What are your Pet Peeves in RP?
Mine is Probably people who RP as Dragons

1 Like

Those who are in goldshire.

Those who talk normal in /s or /y on a rp realm.

Players ruining through your rp event in an attempt to ruin it.

But above all else.
Goldshire.
It give the rest of us a bad name.

3 Likes

Except Otomji

4 Likes

People that take any (preceived) insult as a reason to escalate to physical violence.

11 Likes

Dafuq u sayin’ to me? Ill rek ya shiz!

9 Likes

“Former this”
“Past that”
“Used to be whatever” in their profile. I can get wanting to be many things, but goshdang, make up your miiiiiiiiiiiind

+Faction racists that seemingly hates their own faction races more than the actual enemy, there are so many and they are always worgen

1 Like

“I am a mystical vampire werewolf king/queen who is adored by everyone but hides a dark past and I’m also the best at magic and beautiful and all the boys/girls want me.”

Or

“Character walks 3 steps forward, turns 90 degrees and brings their head up at a 20 degree angle. The winds rushes by them at 30 MPH at a temperature of 18 degrees celsius.”

Don’t Mary Sue your character to the point it’s just ridiculous and don’t describe in detail every tiny motion your character makes.

6 Likes

OOC spelling corrections in an IC chat

3 Likes

People writing the same thing over and over in their TRPs For example:
“Title: Dragon, Race: Dragon, Class: Dragon, At First Glance: Altough he is most of the time in Human Form he is a dragon, Currently (IC): Being a Dragon, Currently (OOC): Voice: Dragon.” It just annoys me.

4 Likes

People who do not capitalise the letter I when referring to themselves.

12 Likes

Yeah that is what annoys me the most, they must point out that thing like a million times. Just write it in Race or whatever, it would be fitting to repeat it in Backstory or At First Glance though.

If I ever saw an RP profile with the word ‘dragon’ in it, I think I would walk away…

…Unless morbid curiosity got the better of me…

2 Likes

There are some good Dragon RPers but most of them, if they are dragons would rather hide this fact and not have writen it a thousand times in his/her TRP.

3 Likes

What if someone’s roleplaying a dragon hunter character and put it in their class or title?

3 Likes

People who sit in corners or come up to you and say nothing, waiting for you to interact with them. I get that people are shy irl, but RP let’s you be someone you’re not, so be a little outgoing and engage with other rpers, take the initiative sometimes, most of us don’t bite :wink:

On the flipside it can also be annoying if someone tries to get in on a group rp uninvited. Sometimes you might fit in, but more often then not these rpers are engrossed in a story of their own group, so give them some space :slight_smile:

I’m bothered by not having an opening to interact as characters are either too intensely aloof or threatening to approach. But then, playing an introvert in a social game is a self inflicted wound…

3 Likes

I just hate it when they phrase it as “Ex-”… “Ex-Ambassador”, “Ex-Engineer”, “Ex-Councillor”, ugh.

5 Likes

Too many to remember all of it at once. Lemme think of some, though.

• Describing your character as beautiful. Just don’t. Nobody cares you think your char is hot. Tell me how she looks like. Being pretty isn’t universal, it’s opinion based.
  • “Ignores the usual.”
  • Mixing IC into OOC.
  • Overused stereotypes. For example, DHs with a succubus as their inner demon, which increases their libido, dwarves calling everyone lad or lass and act like they’re older than you, young, naive draenei, racist human, 8 out of 10 women in Stormwind having a female partner, worgen outlaw.
  • Overexaggarated accents. Draenei and gilnean in particular. I passionately and thoroughly despise it. When, I ask, has any text dialogue been written for draenei that looks like this: “Zis iz verri nice. Zank yuu for hafink me at zis plaze.” in game? Why… just… why.
  • Inaccurate representation of the hero classes’ power. Making them too weak and letting them be beaten by a regular fighter, or making them too strong and using it as an excuse to meta. Both are poor RP, and both should read more lore about their classes before making their character.
4 Likes

I’d love to meet a Gilnean who does the whole cockney thing really strong… But y’know, actually well.

1 Like

Oi, T’Prepper 'ey up me ducks put ‘kettle on down pub. Fookin’ wanka!

This message was brought to you by somebody clearly not from the UK

5 Likes