[RP-PvP Campaign] OPERATION: TIRAGARDE - CONCLUDED!

May have glossed through entirely and this may have been suggested.

But with the lack of Horde guilds, mayhaps it’s an idea to see if possible Alliance side mercenary guilds ICly would be willing to fight for the Horde for suitable coin.

After all they are mercenaries. Could add some potential numbers to the reds.

1 Like

Provided there are guilds like that around, it could certainly be done!

I could possibly fabricate a narrative where the Imperial Flame shows up with their own agenda, possibly to acquire some sort of mcguffin where nobody’s allowed to get in the way. Neutral-hostile kind of deal?

In the event you’re still behind on attending Horde guilds as we move closer to the campaign, of course.

1 Like

We could possibly work something out… add me on Discord? :eyes:

A few more weeks and we will be killing stinky Alliance.

2 weeks till the operation begins.

But let us just say this is definitely not Alliance troops or milita we’re focusing on or striking. I don’t know why the Sergeant would say something so silly…

I can assure you all the Horde have no idea what this random Troll is talking about. Perhaps he has had too much voodoo.

But, I will say there is some kind of team forming up recently that High Command have heard and let us just be sure to tell you that they’re investigating this potential threat and definitely not aiding it.

The plot thickens, and the pieces are moving.

Whispers spread through Shadowforge City, the home of the Dark Iron dwarves. One of their experimental mole machines vanishes during an excursion to Kul Tiras. When confronted, the upper echelons of the Dark Iron society deny the existence of any such creations, citing that with a tentative peace, they have no need for any special mole machines these days. Still, despite such claims, a lot of chatter happens behind closed doors. What are these dwarves up to?

The mercenaries who arrived at Freehold gained some significant progress in regard to their own goals. They acquired three vessels and wiped out a smaller pirate crew on behalf of the Bilge Rats. One of the ships from the mercenaries sets out to the west, carrying some unknown cargo. A few Bilge Rats envoys seem to be traveling with them.

Kul Tiran officials are concerned about this mercenary company gaining influence in Freehold. They place a few bounties on the heads of some influential members, hoping to bring in adventurers or others from outside who would seek to protect Kul Tiras’ interests.

Kul Tiras calls upon those who wish to protect its interests from mercenaries who could become a threat… Coin from an easy job awaits, but is that what is truly going on?

Sabotage! Bilgewater Harbor is the site of multiple bombings. What was attributed as goblin recklessness at first, later turned out to be a deliberate act of sabotage. Gnomish spies were blamed by some of the survivors. The reason for the bombings is unclear, but the concerned elite of Bilgewater claim that at the same time, a vault was robbed. The bankers, of course, assure the people that all their money is accounted for… withdrawing it is, however, temporarily delayed.

Following the string of assaults upon Horde lands, more voices speak up. Some within the Horde speak of a protest to demand reparations, blaming the Alliance for the recent misfortune.

Other voices demand far more. A clandestine meeting is called for those who want to take matters into their own hands. The location? Bilgewater Harbor, on the eve of the 29th of the month.

The Horde calls a meeting to claim vengeance for the recent attacks that are seemingly orchestrated by some of the Alliance. Sunday, 29th of January at 8:00 PM server time! Bilgewater Harbor!

4 Likes

Guild: High Home Specters
Estimated numbers: 3-8

Reliquary send their eyes and ears to check rumours and help Horde in gathering Intel.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! Just in time for the HORDE MEETING tonight! :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Can you join without being apart of a guild?

I was precisely hoping I’d find something like this on the forums, glad I caught it just in time. If there’s room for Alliance individuals:

Name: Sedrick Walton
OOC Name: Blackholdt

Alliance individual.

Name: Naariel
OOC name: Naariell

Alliance individual

Individuals are welcome. However, I want to point out that currently there is a significant gap between Alliance and Horde sign-ups, and may ask individuals to stay out of fights due to this. It’s unfortunate that it has come to this but it’s clear that one side’s a little bit more bloodthirsty than the other :frowning:

5 Likes

Yeah that sounds like an RP-PvP campaign alright. Horde is always the underdog. I hope you guys can still have fun and enjoy yourselves though despite that!

1 Like

Once upon a lifetime, there were two factions in the world of Azeroth. One of them was a group full of murderous individuals, hellbent on global conquest and just destroying everything in it’s path, and they were absolutely barbaric in every sense of the word. The other faction was the Horde.

I’d have signed up for this but given that the Alliance is rather full, I’ll sit this out. Still, hopefully there will be more someday, I do remember clashing with you lot back at the start of Shadowlands Tharzog! ( I was tagging along with the Lionheart back then.) Goodluck with the campaign!

1 Like

The hope is that this may revitalise some RP-PvP fun that’s been sorely lacking! Old hatreds don’t die off so easily, after all.

1 Like

Let’s hope so! It could be interesting from a narrative standpoint to try and deal with the fact you still fought the opposing faction despite there being an official ceasefire now!

1 Like

WAR?! Bombs go off at various places in Falconhurst, Arom’s Stand, and Corlaine. Two ships flying no colours are taking fire at the coastal town of Falconhurst with combatants - pirates and mercenaries - soon landing and battling with the local guards. Patrols throughout eastern Drustvar are ambushed by bandits who posed as traders from before. A lot of noise is made and it does not go unnoticed. Boralus is notified of this daring assault and a large contingent of soldiers is sent to Drustvar to fend off these craven mercenaries! All eyes are looking west…

THE CAMPAIGN STARTS TOMORROW!

What can you expect? Battles every day. We aim to kick hostilities off at 8:00 PM so make sure to be there in advance, though if need be it may take a bit longer to ensure numbers and groups are properly divided.

We are looking at 2-3 battles for objectives going on simultaneously per night, again depending on numbers.

MAP

The map highlights the various zones where the Horde and Alliance will fight each other. The Points of Interest are as follows:

BASES

Horde

• Plunder Harbor

Alliance

• Boralus
  • Vigil Hill

RESOURCES

Northern Tiragarde

• Algerson Lumber Yard (wood)
  • Anglepoint Wharf (fish/food)

Southern Tiragarde

• Abandoned Junkheap (technology)
  • Winterdeep Mining Camp (iron/azerite)
  • Ashvane Foundry (weaponry)

BATTLE SITES
Northern Tiragarde

• Foxhollow Woods

Southern Tiragarde

• Greystone Keep
  • Southwind Station
  • Deathmist Hills

What are Battle Sites?

Battle Sites are locations of strategic importance, fighting over them will not result in any resources being won over but it does allow the victor to gain a stronger (if temporary) foothold as the conflict rages on.

In the case of a Horde victory, it would limit Alliance movement and force them to attack and recapture the position in order to divide their forces properly.

What if I want to fight after the main battles?

Nothing is stopping you from doing late-night skirmishes if you wish. The main battles, however, are the only ones resulting in objective wins and we aim to have those done in maximum one hour.

DISCORD

2 Likes

DAY ONE RECAP

Good morning everyone!

Last night we kicked off the start of the campaign with two battles - one at Greystone Keep, and one at the Winterdeep Mining Camp!

With the element of surprise in their favour, the Horde managed to hit and occupy both locations before Alliance reinforcements could arrive. This proved instrumental in the victory of the Horde at Greystone Keep, who not only held their position but left a nasty surprise behind, rendering the Keep momentarily useless. The fallen defenders of Greystone have been raised as mindless undead and now hold the location.

The battle for Winterdeep Mining Camp proved to be less conclusive, as both sides were battered and beaten (with an explosive Azerite-fueled finish to boot!). The Alliance had to retreat, but not shortly afterwards the Horde did so as well as their injuries were too severe. The Azerite vein that was discovered by the Horde forces remains untapped and seemingly ripe for the taking…

The Horde’s presence has been noted, but given that a large number of Kul Tiras’ forces are presently in Drustvar, it falls upon the collection of Alliance-aligned units to beat back this raid before they can do too much damage.

DAY TWO STARTS TODAY!

(Updated map with names as it’s not so easy for others to navigate otherwise!)

FOR INTERESTED HORDE ATTENDANTS.

Keep in mind that Plunder Harbor is PHASED if you haven’t done the war campaign intro quest. This takes about 10-20 minutes to do, depending on if you unlocked Zandalar or not.

• Quest 1: Battle for Azeroth: Mission Statement (picked up from Nathanos in zuldazar, but you can also start it from the hero’s call board)
    Talk to Sylvanas
    Walk into the Orgrimmar inn to meet your team
  • Quest 2: The Stormwind Extraction
    Talk to Nathanos again after picking up the quest to skip the scenario and go straight to Zuldazar
  • Quest 3: Welcome to Zuldazar
    Walk with Talanji across the pier
  • Quest 4: Rastakhan
    Fly on the pterodactyl up to the Great Seal to meet Rastakhan
  • Quest 5: Speaker of the Horde
    Talk to guard Zolanji up on the platform, behind the king and walk with them, then follow the markers on your map to explore the great seal, you do not need to wait for the dialogue. Wait for Talanji to walk up to the scouting map in the great seal afterwards and then turn it in at her.

After turning in the quest, pick up any Zone quest on the scouting map in front of you, you don’t need to do this quest. Instead, talk to Nathanos next to the scouting map and pick up the quest he offers called: “The War Campaign”

Once turning it in, do not accept the follow-up “The War Cache” but instead talk to Nathanos again and accept “The Kul Tiras Campaign”: Select Tirigarde Sound on the war campaign map in front of you, turn in the quest and then accept “Shiver Me Timbers”. You’re now progressing unlocking the Tirigarde Sound parts of the map!

4 Likes

Yeah @Ironwyrm and @Faith had no chance soon as both Ashen’s came together :smirk: :handshake:

All in all for a first RP-PVP event & campaign everything went really smooth. Communication between the leaders and the members! I can say that I had an amazing time and the banter was great!

The pushing and stalling between the two factions and the lil’ Dwarfy bois erupting in their mole machines. Was a great time and a blast! I can say I’m looking forward to hearing about tonight’s proceedes as well! Good luck squires! :saluting_face:

3 Likes