(RP-PVP campaign) Silverpine Offensive 27.03. SIGNUPS CLOSED!

Again? Big ol’ yikes.

Eisteynn, you guys are in, since the Commandos are inactive, apprarently. Please contact me on Discord as soon as you can.

Can I join ze Horde discord on Zazzy please?

Will do! - Will write you tonight!

2 days till the campaign starts. Hopefully, it will be as good and enjoying for everyone as we hope. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

See this:

I can pass out invites where applicable!

2 Likes

I realise the Alliance reserve list is so far backed up that it probably wouldn’t even make a difference to sign up at this point, but I’ll give you my guild credentials anyway.

Guild name: Order of the Seven
Guild leader: Adáeron
Faction: Alliance
Amount of people: ~5
About the guild: Patriots of the seven kingdoms looking for a fight.
Signing up for: Restricted PvP.

With that out of the way I would like to know if it’d be acceptable at all to hang around the campaign, even though we’re not signed up, just for camp RP and general interactions?

Hanging around for RP is perfectly fine, but unfortunately you can’t RP-PVP. Due to the sign ups for that is specifically closed.

2 Likes

So, there’s a Discord?

There is only one for the GMs and organisers.

Which is something I am against. I would rather have a discord for every attendee.

Without that, I will have to rely on one GM for information on the campaign when it’s available and if I have an issue, I have to send my GM to tell the host about any complaints or questions I may have.

The easier solution is to have all guilds and individuals in contact with one another, especially when one has screenshots of griefers etc.

4 Likes

There is indeed Points at Rogmasha’s post

By the way, the Duskwatch looked -amazing- formed up last night before the army moved out, it was beautiful to see.

3 Likes

Can I make a wild guess Rogmasha’s discord is only for Horde members and not the official discord, otherwise it would be included in the OP?

Hmm, no, its for both, I don’t know that its ‘Rogmasha’s’ Just that they can invite people to it…

There’s a few (one for unrestricted and one for RP-PvE [this one led by Framarr of WEIRD company on Alliance] as I understand it), but the campaign discord that I can manage invites for is for attending guild leaders (+1 in case we need an officer) and individual attendees by Wilcox’s intent.

This is to limit how busy it gets and how much moderation is necessary while still allowing for easy back-and-forth and information exchange between organisers and representatives for bigger groups.

I’ve personally taken to copy-pasting all relevant information going out to our guild’s own server, and am happy to answer questions fielded towards the Horde in general.

2 Likes

I can understand the point behind keeping moderation as stable as it can be, but I’m a little surprised that there is a discord all the sudden.

I’ve scrolled up and after getting to the 322nd post, I discovered that you have kind of already announced a discord for the RP-PVP. But I don’t understand why neither of these discords have been involved in the OP.

The news should be ‘out there’ a bit more. Put these discords on the front page because from what I have seen, I am sure as the sky is blue that neither of these discords has every campaign attendee in them (I asked around and some of my own fellow guild members aren’t even in the RP-PVP discord (even my own GM still believes there is only one discord for the GMs/organisers)).

On another topic, thanks for reminding me of the RP-PVE involved in this campaign…

I’m not entirely sure how this campaign will play out now. Reading this thread, everyone is on edge about balancing the number of Horde and Alliance players. From what I have heard, we’ve only ‘just’ managed to do a bit of moderation for it with the reserves.

But isn’t it possible that the players will be split because some prefer RP-PVE events? I’ve seen this play out in The Crimson Compass and it did not go well in my personal opinion.

Another thing that bothered me about that campaign was that people who were doing RP-PVE events in that campaign ‘bubbled’ themselves away from the rest of the campaign, meaning they would not engage with hostile players in an area that is currently contested between Alliance and Horde IC.

For example, when the Men of Good Faith engaged RP-PVE players (because they are pesky brigands, not even Alliance or Horde), some roleplayers were happy to respond to that IC, while the rest went crazy OOC which pretty much chased them out of the campaign.

So if RP-PVE is still allowed to be a thing in this campaign, what can we expect if RP-PVE players cross paths with RP-PVP players IC?

5 Likes

You’ll be happy to hear they made another Discord for RP-PvE actually. I’ll see if I can find the link for you in a second. :rofl:

2 Likes

I almost forgot I’d signed up for this. Due to IC developments, you can pull my character out of the reserves.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Theon. I know about that discord too.

I do believe it might just be a miss from the planner that the discords aren’t fully announced in the OP.

I only know of the leader/offer Discord, though.

If you want to have it where we can have everyone in a Discord Olgard, I can think of making one so people can be made aware and kept up to date on the Alliance side. I was aiming to do such myself with the GM’s of the Alliance side of things so I can have a strong connection to people who are involved.

Granted I may limit chatter on certain channels to just be GM’s or possibly even a IC buffer channel to only allow reports/ updates to come in as they occur. However, i’d require the OP’s blessing if I’m honest. Don’t wish to go against the grain.

I do hope this somewhat helps my bearded friend.

6 Likes