(RP-PVP campaign) Silverpine Offensive 27.03. SIGNUPS CLOSED!

I can imagine that you’re scared easily

7 Likes

every time i close my eyes morsteth

1 Like

Shame that it went down like it did, that being said. I don’t think OP has that much experience in the field of RPPVP Hosting, here’s for a better edition next year?

1 Like

It was good boys.

See you, silverpine cowboys.

The big problem leading to competitive attendees (and their bad behaviour) is organising competitive RPPvP campaigns in the first place. I also mentioned this repeatedly.

Competitive restricted RPPvP is a myth and does not exist. Here is how you win restricted RPPvP:

• You outnumber the other team.
  • You begin sneaking in burst attacks while no organisers are looking.
  • You coordinate your attacks, specifically via discord voice chat.
  • You make sure your team isn’t alt tabbed and AFK in a line fight.
  • Make your team all go tank and healer specs so they can’t die to your own methods (see above).
  • Begin stutter stepping, plant flags on the line, run through the opposites team battle line and make them fall back to fight you.
  • Flank spam with your outnumbering force.
  • Using your outnumbering team, cap all the uncontested ‘generic campaign points’ because the other team simply does not have the numbers to challenge you.
  • Begin attacking the ranged / healers with melee groups (because those guys run away and help you push the line back).

Restricted RPPvP is broken, and always was broken because the system created for it way back in BC and WoTLK was never intended to be competitive. The system was created to convey a narrative storyline where teams were selected to lose via the story-line scripts, or parties agreed to stalemate back and forth engagements. This was often kept between officers organising the fights, just to give players a little illusion.

The only way restricted can somewhat work is if you insist on absolutely balancing numbers, to the dot 100% equal sides. But even then the ‘scum tactics’ crop up (see above). The most famous and beloved campaigns on Argent Dawn have been the scripted story-line narrative campaigns, not competitive restricted; these usually end in disaster. Even Arathi RPPvP was beloved because there was never usually a winner, it always ended in a stalemate story-line the organisers agreed to prior. No one likes losing, and that is how this system creates so many problems.

Unsurprisingly the only competitive campaigns that work are unrestricted, purely because it’s a system outright designed to be competitive.

Just hoping now after my repeated barking about this people will finally toss ‘restricted competitive RPPvP’ into the bin because it’s garbage and creates a horrible atmosphere of OOC loathing and rivalry that ruins it for everyone.

45 Likes

I’m sure the organizer tried his best but I think for a campaign to be successful you need to be online and available for communication in-game loads or things will start to fall apart.

I know full well how much it sucks to have real life work mean that your RP activity is cut short, but if that’s the case perhaps don’t organize a server wide campaign. Or at least wait until you have a weeks holiday or something to host it.

But that’s just my two doubloons!!!

Couldn’t have said this better myself.

Wtf don’t tell them

14 Likes

[screams in stacked wake of ashes]

8 Likes

Well he said that before even hosting it. Tbh, I think everyone expected it to be majorly skewed to Alliance side and as expected there was a lot of blue about.
I do think, however, that people could tone down the critcism. Could Wilcox have been harsher in the enforcement of the rules and would that have helped? Almost definitely. But honestly: At least he did something. He tried to facilitate RP and PvP results aside he did - I saw a lot of great RP in the Horde camps and on the battlefield and at several times wished I had guns mounted on Zazzy’s flying machine so she could join in.
So, I’d like to say thank you to Wilcox for stepping up and trying to bring good stuff to the server. And thanks to all the people who tried to make the best of all of it and co-operate. And :poop: on the people who just wanted to win and neglected the RP and people around them.

2 Likes

Or you could go Grim Gang tactic of stacking Unholy DK’s, pulling in a victim and bursting them down by accident with Abomination and AoTD talent.

3 Likes

You don’t know true power

This. Also, why people still hold on to these terrible resource systems that promote that kind of behaviour is beyond me.

i sure felt it once

`https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/303305951061082113/505466883370385428/9424af496d6830e79585df183ca7e442.png

1 Like

That’s the thing that bothers me the most out of it all.

People who go there and pretend they want to RP while in reality they just want to bash someone with their stick and feel good about when they go back inside their circle jerk.

Oh, here’s some scouting group, sent to inspect the Horde / Alliance’s lines. What’s that, you want to create an interesting narrative that includes the RPers of the other faction and perhaps have a skirmish in the woods, or prepare a small guerrilla scenario?

Naaah, frick that. Let’s instead start using our Hunters to double-tap people at a distance so that they come out in the woods and we can burst them down.

(Yeah, this happens all the time.)

1 Like

People should take a more lenient approach to dying in restricted battles, everything is okay unless your raid wipes really

10 Likes

Nipping back to the ooc chatter bit, it was pretty awful but it was mostly because there was no campaign discord. I understand the reasoning behind this (although I do not agree with it) however people did keep reporting foul play and nothing was done about it. Personally after being chased down and bursted to death thrice by the same player from an unsigned guild and reporting it, nothing was done. Irritation mixed with a sense of “Well nothing is working/being listened to so I’m going to /y” lead me to do just that. It was that or log off.

2 Likes

That’s another thing. People NEVER die. They don’t, they just don’t.

Not without unconventional means. So people use tricks and gimmicks to do so.

And when it doesn’t work, refer to the list above. Use those methods to make something happen, which causes hassle and is bothersome to 90% of the players. Restricted PvP is…

DUMB. :rage:

2 Likes

Restricted PvP is the best sort of RP PvP instead

2 Likes