(RP-PVP campaign) Silverpine Offensive 27.03. SIGNUPS CLOSED!

It falls in very poor taste for me, that you come into a campaign thread organised by someone else and state your conditions for joining. As if it’s something it is they have to appease in order for you to even bother partaking in their rp. Especially when it comes in the tone of throwing your weight around, by saying you’ll convince other Horde sign ups to join, but only if your terms are met.

22 Likes

Just hit enter already, Okiba, lol

9 Likes

That’s a very hostile miss-perception.

Maybe I’d like my faction not to be zerged, instead? Or place great value on fairness and an equal opportunity for my faction to achieve victory. There’s no harm in suggesting an idea that ensures every participant has a fair chance at seeing their faction get the most out of an event, rather than be stuck to a forlorn conclusion because of an imbalance in numbers.

And it’s hardly terms and conditions, more akin to apprehension because of the above stated, there’s no ultimatum or threat here. Others are free to join and participate in what they wish when they wish. It’s not like i’m telling others not to join.

In fact, if anything my comment is suggesting a course of action that ‘could’ see a sharp rise in applicants and provide more sign ups by alleviating any worries that horde applicants may have, heck if there’s enough… then maybe the suggestion of a Hard cap would be needless.

20 Likes

Do do do, do da do do do do

(It’s the elevator music and Its hard to type it down so shush guys)

Edit: Ah no, he replied before I did

1 Like

och laddie i been waitin such a long time i hope ye don mind if i do a lil recreational swearin

2 Likes

Your faction is not getting zerged, friend; but also, you cannot really guarantee some form of equalisation limited to only 120 players -at most-. (40 players each zone on each faction x 3 zones) for Alliance, when we have more than that and some queued up because we’re full, waiting for you people.

In unrestricted PvP, I understand the feel of needing stuff to be equal. There’s where 1 player kit matters a lot, because you can use CCs. Imagine the players having 1 more AoE stun than you in PvP. That sucks.

In restricted PvP, it’s not as hard to really balance things since, well, it has limitations in regards of damage and such. Unless people specifically focus their efforts to burst someone down, you’re going to live if you use your defensives. It’s more about RP. A 10 - 20 man difference between Alliance and Horde won’t make that much of a difference.

Keep in mind that this is regarding roleplay and solely roleplay, as this is a RPPvP campaign. The Horde’ll stand a chance if they actually sign up maybe instead of trying to get excuses and conditions to sign up (have a few friends saying "but I’m in jade forest atm QQ, Not holding you against anything, I’m trying to explain.)

I don’t really think you’ll get “overwhelmed” if you actually sign up. :slight_smile:
If you get your friends too, the more the merrier. I hope you end up zerging us instead!

Hope this helps as a clarification of what my opinion is of your concepts - They’re not wrong, but they’re a little flawed. There’s some good points people can take out from them. :slight_smile:

(If I worded it wrong / made you feel bad with this, I apologize in advance as it’s not my aim to do so.)

3 Likes

Ach no worries lad, ye can swear whenever ye like, just nae on the forums

This Campaign is next month. While currently, it’s an imbalanced campaign, we’re hoping to change that by people from the Horde signing up before then, both through this thread and through word of mouth spreading. While it may seem one sided now, that’s because this thread has been up for like a day.

Okiba, do not worry, the more Horde applies, the better it will be for everyone. And i CAN guarantee that you will NOT be zerged over in any type of combat, be it restricted or unrestricted. As you can see, i have closed Alliance signups almost an hour after i opened the thread, due to serious influx of Alliance soldiers, and it will REMAIN closed until Horde has more people signed up then Alliance.

Meaning, you are free to sign up without any fear of being zerged. And honestly, my opinion on the matter is the only one that matters in this here campaign, so please, feel free to sign up.

8 Likes

Why not just bottleneck both faction’s signups to keep it even, instead of allowing the blue tide to fill the bottle and dismissing it by saying ‘I’m sure more Horde guilds will sign up’? It’s a recipe for disaster, and not a good start to a campaign.

6 Likes

SHEESH in 10 characters

11 Likes

I’ll have a pow-wow with the big chief then. As this is two days after Kosh’harg, so we’ll see (We may all be mentally dead). Otherwise, horde should totally sign up then, yes.

4 Likes

Not to derail, what’s Kosh’harg? Is it some combat thing?

It’s a week long Orc themed event.
More info here, it’s bi annual. https://www.argentarchives.org/node/221637

3 Likes

Thank you kindly!

1 Like

If you need any tips I’m happy to assist with logistics before you plan on making more campaigns. As my character name implies I have experience in such matters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that explains why Perroy is nicer nowadays.

He’s passed on the crown (such as it is).

14 Likes

I mean, he is the host. He is the one taking all of the responsibility and (Probably most) of the blame if anything goes wrong.

He’s like a DM in DnD, he has the final say in all the matter.

10 Likes

This works in DnD because it’s a small group of friends.
Online RP Campaigns need to have multiple organizers on each side if you intend for things to run smoothly, one organizer cannot control what happens on both factions as it’s simply far too much work.

2 Likes

And we have them, for each faction, so i fail to see the problem…

1 Like