(RP-PVP campaign) Silverpine Offensive 27.03. SIGNUPS CLOSED!

And people wondered why we might not want to attend.

33 Likes

It’s ok Dreadbore, I don’t want to go near it either and I’m alliance

15 Likes

Mister Boombastic

yikes in 10 characters

1 Like

Whilst we can joke about the issue freely now that it’s been over for awhile I still believe we should take very careful note of how the past few Campaigns have went down in this regard and have tumbled because certain individuals’ OOC intent in an entirely In-character RP Campaign. It does not support nor influence people to sign up for a Campaign when there are people on this forum actively going out of their way to try and throw weight around and blame the Horde players who’ve been nothing but slandered since this Threads beginning, if you need to ask yourself why RP-PVP Campaigns aren’t happening anymore when this is the sort of behavior being pulled I firmly believe action needs to be taken.

15 Likes

Hey that’s my JOKE! - It’s been copyrighted Mr. Passive aggressive.

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame this campaign or Wilcox for the toxic and sub-20 IQ posts made by Fairbanks though. Although clearly it gives a very bad impression.

3 Likes

This is so sad, alexa play daughter of the sea.

1 Like

Right, as someone who wasn’t actually here during Drums of War (my laptop decided to go down for the count), I don’t really know what happened there.

However, what I can say is that just because one campaign in Silverpine wasn’t fun, doesn’t mean all subsequent campaigns won’t be fun there. Even if there are some guilds that are here that were there beforehand, e.g, the Nightfall Brigade and the CoL, doesn’t mean it will turn into exactly the same thing. Most people who I spoke with about Silverpine remember it fondly, then again most people who I speak to who were part of the Alliance.

I agree that it’s through colaboration between Alliance and Horde that we can make something fun here. While of course it’s we Alliance guilds that are organising it, it was mainly due to the fact that we’ve yet to see a Northern campaign since Drums of War, and hey, the North needs a bit of activity!

(There was Alterac, okay, I admit, but Alterac is so damn stale to me. That being said, it was fun while it lasted, even if we were soundly thrashed by the Horde)

So I understand that some people don’t want to come to this campaign. That’s fine. I understand that some people can’t attend this campaign due to the fact that the Alliance side booked up pretty much within 24 hours of the thread opening, to which I say: yeah, kinda sucks. I’ve been there too, we really wanted to to go to the Howling Fjord campaign but it was booked to maximum, and I also had to hear the results of the battle for Lordaeron IC from Solomon while I raged at the fact Dell couldn’t get my laptop back to me in time.

To any Horde guild who might be interested, I say come give it a go. We’re all rpers here, and we’re willing to work through any issues. In the end, we can all be civil people, and work together to make this hobby of ours enjoyable for everyone.

So, yeah, come on Horde! If we win, we want it to be bitter sweet. I play a Lordaeron guild, so I’m a damn glutton for punishment! :smiley:

3 Likes

Pretty sure people are referencing a more recent campaign, not DoW. Which, as far as I can tell, went fairly well? Other than crashing the servers, but Blizzard needs to buff their hamster wheels, nothing we can do there, heh.

6 Likes

A few people on the Alliance side for Chooks Campaign decided to ruin it for everyone by harassing people and posting nudes, it was the dagger in the back for a lot of Horde players that led to the mass boycott of bi-faction campaigns/events.

7 Likes

Eh, I’ve been out of the campaigns for a bit. I was there for Feralas, Alterac, and that’s about it recently. The last really big one I was in was Silithus, where I had to end up dragging the Covenant over there myself through quite a bit of persuasion.

I think I did well to do so, though, everyone seemed to have some fun.

Edit: Well, I can agree, that is utterly reprehensible behaviour.

And when that previous campaign is brought up and bragged about by an Alliance player, it doesn’t set a very favourable precedent.

it’s also that more are in the making, and the recent back-to-back campaigns are more an exception than the norm.

I know I’ve one on the writing desk and I’m helping with the setup for one more; often hosts just tend to be a bit more careful about when and how they make their plans public.

Also, as it happens, a lot of hosts don’t make their campaigns public because they’re not intended to be! Smaller, private campaigns and narratives can be just as engaging. We’ve had several encounters set up just as part of the Roaming Hub I’m running at the moment too.

13 Likes

Guild name: Sisterhood of the Serpent
Guild leader: Mentor Rakihu Gorelash
Faction: Under Horde Employ
Amount of people: 5-18 people depending on the time of the month
About the guild: Assassisns. We fight very, very unfair.
Signing up for: RP-PvE and maybe self-contained tiny-scale RP-PVP scenarios far removed from the battlefield. Partaking in the RP-PvP itself doesn’t make any sense for us nor do the rules allow us to express ourselves, but we could hamper the Alliance’s roll modifiers in the actual battles by succeeding in any of our assassination, theft, or sabotage attempts.

9 Likes

I wholly agree, people creating events don’t have any need to show it to the public but from the people I’m in contact with I know quite a few have put the brakes on bi-faction public events due to what has occurred in the last few Campaigns alone - harassment, slander and rumor-spreading - and have instead opted for Horde-centered private guild events instead due to the fact they don’t desire to have to deal with the OOC that unfortunately seems to come hand-in-hand with public campaigns.

Smaller and private campaigns are always just as if not more so engaging however my remark as to why RP-PVP Campaigns are becoming less frequent was aimed at large open ones with sign-ups like the Howling Fjord or DoW campaigns where players were harassed and insulted by certain people on the Alliance side of things. The effect this type of behavior has on the community can’t be understated.

Edit: Again apologies if my wording with the term “Campaign” was loose and confusing.

6 Likes

be careful what you say or he’s gonna trash talk you to his friends

12 Likes

Loth crazily dropping in the a-bombs

That’s true - though again, I think it’s worth keeping in mind the past
 5-6 months have been more of a historical outlier than the rule for Argent Dawn. Big campaigns have been annual, maybe bi-annual at most, going back in the server’s history.

I can completely understand why people’d be discouraged from hosting/attending them with all that’s gone on in the past few - or indeed just refocusing more on smaller, internal interactions with people they know and trust.

17 Likes

No-one said they can’t be. What people have noticed is the parallel in both the zone AND the attendants in both cases, seeing as it’s basically almost the same guilds that are attending and who have made the campaign in Drums of War a poopfest for the attednants in that zone.

Or maybe WPL and Tirisfal were great and Silverpine was just worse in comparison, either way it was widely regarded as a quarantine zone.

3 Likes