[RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames

The irony of a Horde Outpost named Furion’s Post… :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, I will do my best to be there on this char;

TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT!

We bring the war to Desolace. Participants are asked to gather by 8PM (earlier = better) so stuff can go as smoothly as possible. Let’s have some fun (and kick some behinds on both sides)!!

11 Likes

Having my Troll recover the Mad Mushroom Tauren Hookamal’s body in the aftermath of the first battle tonight and performing a ritual to reunite his spirit with his body has unironically been one of the highlights of my RP career.

3 Likes

Tonight was great fun. It’s been a while since we’ve had a RP-PVP campaign like this!

2 Likes

Teth was happy to help, if left a little scarred by what he saw next…

3 Likes

Thanks again for for helping my crazy cow alt <3 He won’t (I doubt it) charge head-on against an entire army next time.

2 Likes

The first night of battle has concluded!

Summary

The forces of the Horde, around 55 men & women strong, set out towards the borders of Feralas. They were informed of an Alliance presence meant to intercept them, so they prepared for a fight.

A fight which happened near Gelkis Village. In a massive battle where a hundred or so people were involved the Alliance successfully managed to block off the way into Feralas but were ultimately forced to retreat by the Horde. They now hold the area around Gelkis Village.

What will happen tomorrow?

Map

14 Likes

Very enjoyable first night yesterday! Looking forward to fighting the Horde again tonight on my nelf!

Wonderful event so far!

4 Likes

I’d join in tonight, but seem to be having trouble logging into the game :[

Update: Nevermind. Got in xP

The second night has concluded!

Summary

The Alliance and Horde split their forces between northern and southern Desolace. Both sides made attempts to take ground from each other, resulting in fierce clashes at both Thunder Axe Fortress and Mannoroc Coven.

While the Alliance made a brave attempt to take the Fortress the might of the Horde proved to be just a little too much and the siege was broken, the men sent running back.

The night elves under leadership of Dialythe prepared an ambush at Mannoroc Coven as the Horde forces marched through to lay claim to the land. Despite a very strong start, however, they were unable to claim victory tonight and were forced to retreat.

For now it seems the Horde has gathered quite the momentum, but the Alliance is far from finished. Will tomorrow be the day they halt the advance?!

Map

7 Likes

Alliance! I hope you now understand what true fear is! Next time I will teach you the meaning of pain!

(I totally did not die :skull:)

4 Likes

This is all part of the greater strategy to lure you filthy Horde’s into a false sense of security.

I totally am not spending my nights healing the wounded.

:sweats_nervously:

2 Likes

I step on Hookamai’s mushrooms threateningly.

1 Like

So… You have chosen death :skull: :mushroom:

1 Like

I send a prayer to Elune to embrace the poor misguided tauren’s soul. And then he had the guts to come back to life!

Many of the tauren grew up knowing only the warlike ways of the Horde and I feel pity that we have to put them down for once they were allies of nature too.

2 Likes

Campaign Discord: https://discord.gg/8KJzFTu

Yesterday we had a bit of a test in regards to timing with the combat. Now I can share it to the rest of you, too.

Gather by 8:00PM RT . This allows us to start figuring out numbers for a good balance, and it allows for leaders to make decisions IC without rushing too much. We aim to start the combat at around 8:45PM RT . As mentioned before it should give us enough time sort things out. We look to end combat at around 10:00PM RT which gives us a little over an hour of some intense fighting!

Does that mean it’s all over at 10:00PM? No, smaller skirmishes are still fine to do but zones won’t change hands afterwards.

1 Like

The third night has concluded…

Summary

Tonight was a glorious night for the Alliance!

Following their defeats two nights prior they retaliated and did so HARD. Their focus shifted away from Thunder Axe Fortress and instead was entirely on southern Desolace.

Mannoroc Coven and the Graveyard were the targets, with the Alliance retaking the demon-infested ruins and sending the Horde running with heavy losses! The kodo Graveyard was contested by both sides but it was, once again, the Alliance who came out victorious.

Can the Horde recover from these devastating blows? Find out tomorrow!

Map

4 Likes

Oh yeeee, for the Alliance!

Amazing encounter and great fun indeed. This campaign has been very exiting now that its been going back and forth. Lets see how it goes further in! :DDDD

5 Likes

#merelyasetback

5 Likes

Watch out! There’s a kodo charging straight at you!

2 Likes