[RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames

Dates: 24th Aug - 1st Sep

Maps: WIP

Henlo friends and welcome to Kalimdor in Flames.

Coming from several months worth of roleplay, conflict and tension around central/western Kalimdor, we present to the server a project that will provide a worthy pay-off and hopefully even serve as a major milestone in all good character progression. The primary conflict centres around the armistice between the Alliance and the Horde, and the complications of the Night Elves and Zandalari refusing to recognise it. Neutral/independent characters and guilds are quite welcome to get involved since there will be plenty of roleplay if not catered objectives.

The Premise

Narrative Summary

Emerging from Kaldorei refusal to entertain the very notion of an armistice with the Horde, eyes are beginning to turn towards the realms of Kalimdor’s western coast with rising trepidation. The recounting of events seems to be wildly different from all who have borne witness to any of these flashpoint skirmishes, greatly frustrating any efforts to actively enforce the terms of the armistice and resolve any enmity. Indeed even some of those who stand by the armistice have come to wildly different conclusions as to who is to be condemned and who is to be defended. Violence prospers in these murky political waters. The fires rise and peace hangs in the balance.

The Mechanics

Click Me!
  • Zones - The map of a particular zone is divided into several different zones that can be captured provided you own an adjacent zone already. Groups can only capture one zone per day.

• Battle outcomes - In order to avoid drama the leaders of the two groups fighting over a zone will roll pre-battle to determine the outcome. It is usually preferable that two groups can come to a narratively satisfying conclusion for a particular battle, but failing that, rolls will decide the outcome.

• Magical artifacts - Certain zones will be marked as ‘special’. This means if the faction holding it searches the site (or perform another zone specific action) they may stumble upon a magical item, such as a horn that causes a storm, to try and swing a battle in their favour the next day. Such benefits translate into the battle as well as add a small bonus to the pre-battle rolls.

Sign-Up Form
Guild:
Leader/Officers:
Faction:
Expected Numbers:

Initially we would ask only the guild’s leader/officers to join the campaign discord. Individuals need not worry about signing up, just show up! Thank you very much for reading!

Contacts: Dialythe - A - Jdoostah#3807
Giantrender - H - Nils#4412

Alliance:
Veil of the Eclipse - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #4 by Naenya-argent-dawn
Aldorey Family - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #54 by Haalaari-argent-dawn
The Order Custodian - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #55 by Sàmuel-argent-dawn
Startouched Covenant - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #65 by Thaestar-argent-dawn
Kul Tiran Marine - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #68 by Seabridge-argent-dawn
The Eyes of Elwynn - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #71 by Algar-argent-dawn

Horde:
Path of Glory - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #2 by Giantrender-argent-dawn
Frozen Paw Clan - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #38 by Rogmasha-argent-dawn
The Ashen Ghosts - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #52 by Rainwatcher-argent-dawn
Terrorhymn Clan - [RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames - #58 by Gulragg-argent-dawn

Independant:
Order of Scourgebane
Unbound Associates

36 Likes
6 Likes

hey that looks like some guy i used to know

Guild: Veil of the Eclipse
Leader/Officers: Dialythe, Naenya
Faction: Alliance
Expected Numbers: 5 - 10

2 Likes

aw man you guys are here? word.

Nice to see a campaign in Kalimdor.

Guild: N/A - Individual
Name: Karthaerel Wildfeather
Faction: Alliance.
Numbers: 1.

It’s my birthday during that time, so not sure on activity and I might even switch toons, however, I will be there.

3 Likes

Individuals don’t need to sign up but thank you so much and we’ll see you there!

Guild: Warsworn Vanguard
Leader/Officer(s): Myself, Zuldadu, Harnakar
Faction: Horde
Expected Numbers: 10-20

1 Like

Hello. I just wanted to make sure its not a mistake before we apply, the date is 21 to 30.08?

1 Like

That’s correct yes. 21st August - 30 Aug!
Hopefully we can see you guys there!

1 Like

poggies!!!

3 Likes

I’m currently in the process of asking my officers about it, we are a bit tired from our own campaign, but since the event is like 8 weeks away, we will most likely be joining. Just need to officially discuss it with my guys.

2 Likes

I would just like to ask, if it is known already, will this campaign involve Feralas and affect the active roleplay hub there or will the zone be excluded or at least part of the zone?
Either way good luck with this initiative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feralas had its fighting a few weeks ago, it won’t happen there!

2 Likes

I am glad to hear that :slight_smile: thanks for the reply!

1 Like

that’s good to know, hubs like Feathermoon and isilden are used by so many people that it’d be a shame if all that had to grind to a hault

3 Likes

They’re also public zones that are there for anyone to use for their roleplay. if (for example) these guys were running an attack on Feralas, maybe it would be a better idea for the handful of players in the area to sign up + react IC instead of having an OOC problem with it

I know that some parts of the night elf community have this mentality that any events run in any vaguely forested zone on Kalimdor needs to be brought before the jedi council of discord moderators but I don’t think that’s a super healthy mindset when speaking about open world zones

Good luck with the campaign btw, looks cool

43 Likes

No one is having an ooc problem with it, it was a polite question which was answered, no need to butt into that like that I think :slight_smile: As a person invested in the zone for the large part of my rp I would like to know if there will be any changes or not, or drastic development.
Believe it or not, not everyone is oocly able to handle sudden changes well, for me it is due to several health factors I will not disclose here so I am merely asking for the sake of my own personal wellbeing.

7 Likes

That’s pretty much how we handled our attack on Feathermoon a number of weeks back, and even though some complaints can sadly never be avoided things worked out smoothly enough in the end.

Regardless, as mentioned by Giantrender above there won’t be any repetition of that, so dread not. Our main staging ground will be Desolace this time around!

4 Likes

Will try to attend this campaign!

Hope you feel better soon!

4 Likes