Rules of Engagement: Classic Hardcore is Coming to World of Warcraft

“Your character is not necessarily lost if you die, however. After dying on a Hardcore realm, players will be able to choose to utilize the Free Character Move service and move their dead character to a non-Hardcore Classic Era realm. Once the move is complete to the non-hardcore realm, that character may resurrect as normal, but the way back to a Hardcore realm will be closed to them.”

Thank you, that’s a fantastic feature.

7 Likes

Looks quite good to me - now only question is how many servers will open?

1 Like

Guess they will go with two. One pvp and one pve. Though the pvp restrictions makes it sound like it will only be a pve server?

So no info regarding trading, mailing or auctioning?

Surprisingly, not that bad. Nerf petri → leave group → auto port out nonsense and it’d look pretty good.

I’m looking forward to it, I’ve done the hardcore add on so it would be nice to see how blizzard will make it official, only issue line for many is the disconnections, how will they get resolved?

trading mailing is allowed

Did anyone actually manage to DL the correct Classic Era PTR client?

Think you will be able to download the right one tomorrow at launch

trading = EZ mode, bots and gold buyers.
No thanks, I’ll pass.

1 Like

Cool, another server full of bots. Guess i have to run some myself and make a fortune out of the gamer dads buying their way up.

1 Like

Any chance the anti-boosting things comes to regular Era servers too?

I doubt it. Diablo 3 is an always online game and it has a hardcore mode. In the end, either get a reliable internet or don’t play the mode if you’re worried about that.

the dual to the death option needs a glove slap to the face animation cos it would be rude not to

3 Likes

More rules than I anticipated and all well thought out. I won’t look forward to it because my main gaming objective requires spending all the money at the transmogrifier, but maybe it’ll be what someone wanted.

I don’t see connection, people don’t like using brain

Nice, I think I’ll give it a try if I can convince some friends to join me =)

There are no additional limitations placed on the party system other than the “SoM” style exp penalty for boosters.

There’s also 24h lockout on dungeons and basically impossibility to group level 60s with non level 60s there.

I suspect “all” HC servers to be PvE with the /pvp possibilty. My only fear is them making only one. I think we need 3 with merge/cluster later.