San'layn not a race confirmed? I want an apology :)

Not a clue on this, I don’t remember seeing that myself so can’t comment on it.

To touch on that, even if it’s rare in your country, its still common elsewhere and WoW is rated to be a children’s appropriate game. Your cultural norms or country’s general behavior has no bearing whatsoever on what is fine or not on an international stage.

If you need evidence that children play this game, you need only look at the AD forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

oh boy

Literally what is the point being made? It’s like griding your brain against a cheese grater trying to follow the line of reasoning.

Is the point that vampyric Darkfallen (that aren’t aligned with the Scourge - IE not San’layn(?)) should be allowed in the Horde or Alliance? There was a BfA storyline about this, where Sylvanas was trying to bring the San’layn proper (Scourge-alligned) into the Horde - yet that fell flat.

Is the point that these hero talents have some sort of lore-implication, instead of just being non-canon game-mechanics? (Human Hunters cant be Dark Rangers, for example)

Talents which Blizz were very clear in pointing out were INCREDIBLY subject to change? Is the point that DKs can be San’layn? As opposed to just a nod to the blood-magics of DKs, also shared by the San’layn?

3 Likes

The question everyone has asked since thread one.

1 Like

I mean, here’s the thing:

Aside from the problems with the argument you propose in your OP as has been pointed out by others, there is a really simple reason why you’re not owed an apology.

The previous way how the Lore was just that- The most current, up-to-date lore. People argued witht hat. You argued against it at that time, when the status quo was different. If it has changed now (IF), then the following arguments only matter in the current state of the game.

2 Likes

That reason being the majority of people here neither asked nor care?

Folks, you’re really looking like “unstoppable force meets immovable object” right now.

1 Like

So it was some other quillestra that was arguing really hard in that high elf thread a couple months back?

Also sorry for understating it I forgot the part where you even went so far as to just straight up blame the kids for it.

1 Like

For me personally, I am not above changing my PoV if new lore is presented.
But also that, yes.

The argument was that Undead characters in general should be treated poorly and only RP as villains in certain areas. Then we talked about the limitations of playing Undead elves. That’s where the R word comes from.

“We take the Undead into our guild! Well, no, actually only human undead. And we have 4 privileged friends who are allowed to be Dark Rangers.” Mmhm?

A bored San’layn at work - so you all thought my character went to work in the office on Earth and write on the AD forum for real?

Nope, I asked “Tell me how Darkfallen elves may have gotten into the Horde/Allaince?”, people replied “They must be San’layn = you can’t play them”. Just that.

Yes and no. People were telling you that even while some undead seek redemption, they are generally viewed poorly. Undeads are magically negative by sheer law of the universe.

You were arguing that the people saying this were racist IRL for saying this.

You were told repeatedly you could be an undead elf if you used the undead model, they didn’t want more blood elves in a guild thats meant to have an undead roster for asthetics.

No, but any time someone wrote an argument from an in-character perspective you got angry as if we had insulted you directly. And you kept talking as if your character was actually you.

No, just no.

Anybody can play San’layn. Just don’t do it in Horde/Alliance places.

4 Likes

To pick up on this before it gets washed away by the inevitable 60-quote reply that you can read as “nuh-uh” - If I remember right the intent was also to represent Dark Rangers as the elite niche that they are in-lore instead of filling their guild with everyone who made a red-eyed elf last tuesday.

6 Likes

How dare they decide what they want in their guild. It’s criminal I tell you!

1 Like

I believe that was also the case yeah.

Why would I want to do that? Be an elf but not be an elf at the same time? Makes no sense.

Yes, just yes. I summed the whole thing up in one sentence.

I was never talking about roleplaying a San’layn, that was never a topic to discuss. Yet people always brought them up like you just did right here. Kinda proves my point.

Even if it’s not mu country, arguing that there are plenty of international children who play this game AND rp (which requires a lot of writing and reading and the use of some pretty advanced language) is nuts.

You said you encountered wild ERP almost in every corner. I said I personally didn’t. You had a problem with that for some reason.

Because

scolding those who are stalking players who hide their rp in remote places where no one can bump into them = defending this rp and saying one can do it around the place. got ya. Then again, I’ve never seen public ERP apart from the Goldshire Inn. So whatever

Apparently people under 18 can’t read or write. Who knew.

1 Like

I’m only replying to

“Tell me how Darkfallen elves may have gotten into the Horde/Allaince?”, people replied “They must be San’layn = you can’t play them”. Just that.

But eh.