Scammers succeeding, players getting scammed

So 3 days ago i was trying to get a Mythic boost from General chat and yes it was too cheap: 2.3 Million gold. Now that was my mistake and dumb that i didnt look it through more, but as i had payed for Heroic raids plenty of times without problems it never crossed my mind.

I then decided to send in a ticket to report the two players for their scamming. Of course hoping i would get my gold back, but not expecting it.

Now today 3 days after i log on to WoW and get kicked a few moments later. PERMA BANNED. Banned for exploiting the economy. So a scammer getting the scammed banned, now thats new and fun.

Well main lesson learned: 1st Make sure you get the right teams for pve boosts. 2nd dont ask blizzard for help…

Was Unbanned a week later, but with no compensation not for gold or for the time banned.

only thing i can suggest is take a print screen everytime you do the trade so you have proof.

2 Likes

Or don’t buy boosts, its the easiest way to not get scammed in this manner.

11 Likes

I have proof of whispers and the confirmation of them recieving the gold.

then you have a case, make a ticket and show it to Blizzard

blizzard also have logs and can see everything :sunglasses:
but it sucks when this happens

while i agree abit, boosts are a service and there are plenty of people buying them.

yes there is but also there are coming more and more scammers 8-(

i would say if you buy a boost stay with the ones who you can trust. and dont fall for the too cheap ones

I hope they implement this for boosts in next expansion. It’s pretty ridiculous that mythic raid can be bought

2 Likes

they wont it makes them alot of cash

Except that’s not “exploiting the economy”. It’s the exact same thing as buying a rare mount from the auction house that somebody else put effort into getting.

1 Like

While buying boosts with gold is allowed and not against the ToS, it is your own responsibility. If you get scammed and lose the gold, Blizzard is obviously not going to refund you the gold.

That being said, you wouldn’t get banned over it unless you’re being accused of real money trading. The perma ban is either a mistake or you’re not being honest about how you paid for the boost. If you bought gold with real money and then used that gold to pay for the boost, I can see the perma ban making sense.

5 Likes

Yeah I was wondering about that ban.

As for the scam
/leave 4 or 5

Is there a subreddit for boosting? Might be time to start one so people can see feedback about the services instead of going blindly into ads. I’ll never use them but obviously there’s a market so those who use and those that provide the legit service can help prevent scamming seeing as it is a player problem and Blizzard rarely if ever get involved with gold scams.

Seems weird that you would get permabanned for that, but I don’t have any sympathy to spare to be honest. If people like you didn’t exist, neither would the businesses that have completely ruined any and all public social channels in the game. I miss being able to use trade chat or just talk about random stuff in general chat in major cities. In the future I would recommend actually playing the game and accomplishing challenging feats on your own rather than paying these parasites to do it for you.

4 Likes

Scamming is against the rules, so you should be able to report that and Blizzard ought to look into it.
If you’ve subsequently also been permanently banned, due to mass reporting I assume, then that is also something you should be able to raise with Blizzard.

Given the nature of Blizzard’s current customer support service, you may need to be very persistent to get through to a game master who’ll actually look into the matter. But if it is as you say, then just write a ticket detailing what’s happened and keep escalating it.

Best of luck.

1 Like

No mercy for boosti boiz

Like drugs market, no demand no drugs

No demand for boost , no boosts.

4 Likes

I have a feeling u are telling half of the truth tbh, they DONT perma banned someone just for the fun it. And i talk from experience.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they also scam each other, all i’m saying is 250.000G Pool and Advertiser takes 87.500 while the people who do the work of actually boosting get 37.500 Gold.

Just stay away from Boosters for the most part, unironically scum.

Well deserved, that’s what you get for buying boosts. :rofl:

4 Likes