Screen flickering issue

I also have these wierd flickers but not like the linked videos above, more the entire screen. The flickers are black/white and looks like the terrain is broken, bugged or seems to be from another zone.

If I can’t fix this I’m soon ending up with epilepsy.
All this started after the latest patch and I’ve tried v-sync ingame, the tips from the us forum with checking boxes in properties of the .exe and updated my nvidia drivers to 430.86 and nothing works.

I have a gtx1060 windows 7.

1 Like

I also have these issues. I run a RTX 2070 on windows 7 64-bit, and the flickering happens like described above. In addition the screen also blacks out occasionally (the display driver crashes).
The flickering happens regardless of whether I use DirectX 11, DirectX 11 Legacy or DirectX 12 and on every graphical setting. Turning on Vsync on any of these had no effect either.

My nvidia drivers were up to date (430.86) but I read that rolling back to 430.39 (or hotfix version 430.53) should solve the issue, however it has made no difference in my case as it still flickers and artifacts and blacks out like before.
Edit: I had the 430.86 drivers installed before the patch went live and WoW worked just fine there.

Just gonna have to wait for a fix, I guess.

Same here, but i have only at water, and some UI elements.

win10 - 1809 with rtx 2060-430.86 driver since i changed back to dx11 from dx12 in game i think it fixed. Any other games works fine for me

update: setting liquid detail to low also fix both UI and texture flickering with dx12

1 Like

yes same here… this is not monitör problem…

this is game or nvidia problem…

WHEN THEY FİX İT İM CURİOUS_??

I got exactly the same problem that Claymenyus reported.

Please, fix this!

Thanks.

Try this: change to dx11 mode from dx12 this fixed for me :slight_smile:

dx11 have a input lag…

performance difference… dx12 way better

also sometimes like 1 sec freeze…

they need FİX man… just FİX…

chance DirectX not solution

Yeah i know its need to be fix, but changing DX is a quick solution for this, i think we can live with this while blizz or nvidia fixing it, cous its an annoying issue, use it or not, its up to you, but i can play with dx11 till we get a fix

My screen also flickers annoyingly from time to time.
Mostly in the old locations like Orgrimmar, Tanaris.

Example 1
Example 2

I run on Core i7 3820 OCed to 4.3 Ghz with GTX 1060 6Gb. 16 Gb of RAM. Nvidia driver version 430.86 (latest). Windows 7 64 bit.
This issue is not a hardware one, because every other game runs fine without any flickering or artifacts.

i test 2 days,

and 2 days no flicker problem DX12

only i close MSAA 8X to OFF

and nothing flicker, no sea no ui no map,

i continue test…

my problem is gone anyone fix ???

Yep same problem here, random flickering of skills, character profile icon etc…and now I had entire screen flicker too.

Hi Ethanar,

Have you gone through the suggestions posted in this thread so far? Trying out a new graphics driver for your video card, or reverting to an older driver. Switching Graphics API, changing the Liquid Detail and MSAA options?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

try msaa OFF no anti aliasing. and write here pls.

Nvidia released new drivers (431.36) today but they do not fix the flickering. In fact it is listed as a known issue in the release notes, page 14. I would include a link but the forum won’t let me.

by the way msaa of not fix :smiley: everyway game flicker…

I have texture flickering also. Mainly UI elements(icons,map,chat etc…) flicker,water, sky. Im on gtx1070. DX12 + maxed settings.
I think it started happening after i updated windows to 1903, or after 8.2 patch update.
Was thinking maybe VGA was dying. Testing in Unigine heaven doesnt show any artifacts.
431.36 drivers installed. Using old drivers didnt fix it. Cant revert back to windows 1809 to test.

My artifacts flickering look exactly same as in Claymenyus video.

edit: No artifacts or flickering in DX11 mode.

I got the exact same problem only this happens also in some Island expeditions
Windows 7 64 bit
Cor i7 6700 3.4 Ghz with GTX 1060 6GB and 16 GB ram with the latest drivers installed 430.86

the issue seems fixed with the new patch 431.60. Hurry up and download.

• [World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth]: Terrain and icons flicker randomly in the game. [2633205]
2 Likes

Why it took them so long to fix this bug=(. It’s already began to annoy me