Screen flickering issue

431.60 fixed it… at last

431.60 fixed it for me as well.

Flickering is fixed yes but the game is still randomly freezing (with a static buzzing sound) for a really short time which cause DX12 to crash (it happens with DX11 too but the game does not crash)

What an improvement doesn t flicker any more but freezes crashes and random blue screens :)) nice

I have updated to the new 431.60 drivers and it seems to have solved the terrain flickering issue and replaced it with screen freezes and flickering bright blue boxes all over the terrain now, as if the textures aren’t loading in properly.
The game ran fine for the first 2-3 minutes, then it started to bug out.

My display drivers also crash approx. every 3 minutes (regardless of API setting and graphical setting). This was also the case using the previous drivers (430.86 and 431.36).
I’m running an RTX 2070 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Guess I’ll just wait another month for them to fix this… again ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So… would you guys say that the new driver isn’t worth downloading as it only causes worse issues? Am I best off sticking to the older one with DirectX 11?

Just finished the new build, went from a 4670k to a 3700x, same graphics card (GTX 1070). I have the latest driver 431.60 and windows last version (fresh install)

Now that only my gpu is the bottleneck I get better steady framerates, I though the flickering was caused by gsync/freesync monitor. Tried to toy around with freesync range frequency but nothing worked.

The only thing that works atm is select Dx11 in the settings, dx12 is causing all the flickering.

For me, 431.60 fixed it and did not cause any other issues. No crashes or freezes or frame drops, using dx12 on a fresh install of Windows 10 v1903, with graphics settings maxed. Your mileage may vary but for me it was worth it.

So far no issues for me.
Hopefully it stays that way, as it seems that 431.60 fixed it entirely.

Have you tried to use DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) and fresh install the drivers, have been running them for a day no issues so far. It finally fixed the flickering and the game seems to have better performance. Only thing I notice this driver does is push the GPU temp a bit higher by using more resources (GPU Usage), compared to the previous drivers, other than that so far so good.

I always use DDU to install new drivers :slight_smile:

I have been running some tests on my GPU, and it appears to be defective, as it has now begun artifacting in other games aswell, in addition to the benchmarking programs I have been using to test.
So its likely that whatever flickering errors I have may be caused by my GPU being faulty, although I can’t say for sure.

Shame tho, my GPU is only 3 months old, guess it’s RMA time. :confused:

Installed the hotfix 431.68 driver and im seeing lots of UI icon flickering again in DX12.

DX12 is still freezing the system + crashing the nvidia driver.

Im not 100% sure that 431.60 fully fixed the flickering icons because i went back to DX11 (crashing issue)

I still have flicker problems when I use DX 12. Driver 431.60. When I change to DX 11 its no problem at all.
I have a MSI gtx 1060 6gb and use low settings overall

Im starting to think that this have something to do with GTX1060, DX12 and the nvidia drivers.

Sadly not just the GTX1060. I have the 2080 Vector V2 and having the same issue. Even running at DX11, DX11 Legacy and DX12. I belive there is a Nvidia issue only.
Been working on it for 2 days now, nothing seems to help :confused:

So I’ve found a fix that worked for me… All others here with this issue, Dual or more screens? I had to unplug the screens I’m not using for gaming. So with my main gaming screen only I do not get this issue.

i hate that you guys for removed the fullscreen mode and i hate it even more that the gamemasters try to tell poeple turning vsync on gets rid of the problems users have with windowed fullscreenmode. on top of that the game turned into a flickering fest. everywhere i go and no matter what i do, my interface flickers, textures flicker and the performance over all is just bad.
How can a game that looks bad perform so bad? and why dont you fix anything?

1 Like

Since updating Nvidia graphics driver to 436.02 I’ve been getting texture flickers or constant incorrect texture display every now and then.

Pitching in.
I’ve noticed that ever since I’ve installed the latest driver there has been some texture flickering (again) and sometimes hairstyles would turn absolutely pitch black for characters/NPCs.

Seems to be an issue with DX12. Change to DX11 in the advanced in-game display options and this flickering will dissapear.