Season of Discovery Adjustments Coming Soon - Feb 12, 2024

Time to cancel subscription bois, baiting everyone to push lvl 40 as druid main, then slapping with 30% nerf - meme class in both pve and pvp now while leaving everything else intact. Probably some dev got smacked in the face by a starsurge during STV lol. See ya

2 Likes

It will probably come, funny to see war and rogue on top as soon they get some gear again!

Hello Shopenhauer alt no. 3

Druids still have feral that is more than fine in pve and resto is a good healer as well, far from a dead class but you go ahead with canceling that sub.

I made the guy paranoid schizophrenic… its not me mate take deep breaths. There are actually other boomkins out there that are disappointed with this nerf, big surprise.

Its almost imposibble to shapeshift out of bear form war stomp go back to bear cast enrage and land a succesful bash in that 1.5 sec window. Even if you are machine like a slight lag would make it impossible

That is not what I said at all, you brought up evasion, I told you war stomp can deal even if evasion comes up… I didn’t say I would do that dumb chain of abilities you just listed.

Keep making up ridiculous scenarios just so you can ignore the fact that you are terrible and barely know what you are talking(Mr. druid main! :rofl: :rofl: :joy:). You are just delusional I’m done with you.

1 Like

so you said you would deal with evasion with war stomp yet you you say wouldnt do that dumb chain of abilities I listed. So I guess your bash magically land on a target with 80 percent chance to dodge alone. You are clueless and you are just selling the garbo knowladge that you gathered along the way from forums, videos and whatnot and act liek you are some hot stuff. You are not, you are just an angry weak little man who thinks being a wannabe demagogue on forums make you feel superior. Not a single constructive thing came from your foul mouth ever since we started this ‘discussion’. Run away now little man

Thank you brother, for keeping eclipse BUG where we are supposed to not take pushback on spells but we do on every single attack, so the amazing buffed starfire gets like a 6sec casttime if u are attacked by any class, love it that we kept ShadowPriests dealing 1800 crits and hunter pets literally eating ppl in 2secs since PHASE 1, but since balance druid finally got a little spotlight you had to HOTFIX NERF IT to the ground effectively killing it in PVE and making it bottom tier in PVP, thanks man! 4 days of SoD was a blast! Can’t wait what kind of changes are coming into Phase 3.

yeah and all classes that need to res pets/get certain pally auras up/totems/weapon embues etc.

-rogues and druids can get into stealth??? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU.

tl’dr good job at breaking the event further than actually fixing it, hope you get fired aggrend.

2 Likes

Thanks for destroying my class before im even 40 and in my first raid, I already couldnt even dungeon level as balance because you gave us NOT A SINGLE AOE SPELL, but now you destroy both balance and resto completely in PVE. Can’t even play with my friend in dungeons because he is disc and im resto, I cant aoe in dungeons and his only aoe rune is locked behind rep

3 Likes

Where is fix for nourish q for pvp servers?

1 Like

mage have all they need ? MAGE HAVE ALL THEY NEED ? REPEAT AGAIN PLEASE. You have no idea what you are talking about and whining about a FKIN 2 SEC cast ? And dare say mage got all the W/E ?

You must be real real bad at this game to not understand how BAD mage are RN. Everything you can say is just a noob talking about a game he doesn’t understand.

guess you havent played frost mage yet in pvp and fire in pve properly. Fire mage has the potential to be the top dps in raid atm. Its documented in warcraftlogs if you are interested. Pvp is different story and more subjective obviously but frost mages got everything they need to perform decently in pvp.

You have to be the most subjective person I’ve ever come across on these forums. You have some made up non-proven scenario or generalization to what anybody writes, often based on anything other than reality and strictly from your own victimizing perspective (e.g everybody else has defensives, but when people point out yours you under talk them and claim stuff like “players have Trinkets” - like thats a problem for Boomies exclusively).

I very much doubt you have acually played any other caster in SoD seeing the fictional garbage you claim, but if you had you’d know that none of your made up scenarios are real or occuring, meanwhile anybody touching PvP know that there’s was a big overtune with Star Surge. This not only from the entire other playerbase in sync, but also Boomies themselfs that have the ability to see things from an outside perspective.
No, you arent supposed to win against everything, but the things you win against cant be most of the other specs and with the press of a single button.

When a spell becomes something used on cooldown, overtaking any other alternative, to a point where premades are created and won with a /assist macro by stacking 8 out of the same class, while shown as a outlier in data, you can pretty much be certain its because its too good.
There’s not a single other spell mentioned as often as Star Surge on these forums and its not a suprise Blizzards data shows the same.

Give another caster a try, then come back and see what Godmode Boomies had P1, facing the same problems as you but without a iWin-button.

1 Like

I understand starsurge was unbalanced in PvP. But the nerf stick is to hard for PvE.
You finally allowed Balance to be in the top 5 DPS, then quickly shot it down a week later where it belongs… In the bottom drawer of DPS…

Noone is going to invite us to PvE Raids… Again…

I think you have the hate and the anger. Because Blizzard took away your toy. You remind me of children who cry when their toys are taken away.

1 Like

I agree that boomies were OP in PvP.
With the buff they almost performed as well as warlocks, hunters and shadow priests this phase. But now we are almost dead last in PvE again.

Balance druids are forced to play healers again if we want a spot in raids…

1 Like

Fix starsurge consuming an eclipse buff and fix the 70% interruption which is not working.

Boomkin was never top dps with non nerfed starsurge but now will be in the ground.

Someone said it better than me on another website:

Firstly, the optimal dps rotation will make you run out of mana in about 40 seconds of continuous casting and then we can extend the total optimal time to around 70 seconds innervating ourselves (removes utility for healers guaranteed and does not account having to battle rez cause good luck with that). All fights lasting longer than this (all fights if you are not in a speed running guild). The sub-optimal rotation ends up dropping the dps flat out by only being able to wrath spam and starsurge 30-50% pending movement mechanics. Meaning if a fight lasts 6 minutes and you only get 1 minute of optimal rotation, its likely the overall dps would drop by around 40%. Objectively, I went from doing 270 dps on the last gnomer boss, to 160 when we killed him post nerf.

By the numbers= Wrath hitting for avg 272, starsurge avg 290. oddly the crits of wrath are higher than starsurge by around 50 on avg landing in the 600s. for reference pre nerf starsurge would hit for 1200.

Secondly, in pvp, the “optimal” rotation is impossible to perform against any melee class, so now we are left with 1 instant cast starsurge every 6 seconds because the pushback of rogues/melee hunt/ferals/dual-wild warrior + interrupts completely prevent the ability to cast. As well, with them doing burst damage of 400+ dps we only get about 6 seconds to live. Now starsurge hits them for 600 damage when they have 3k hp, it would take 30 seconds to get a kill, anyone see a problem with logic here? Even if you sunfire and moonfire you die before the dots can drop their hp by 20%. Oh did i mention the burst damage increases against you if you drop moonkin form to throw a heal which would need to be instant cast too otherwise you still die.

This nerf feels super odd, since there are other classes performing far crazier damage output in pve and pvp.
Warlock chaos bolt hitting for 2k completely 1 shot people 100-0 (yes it is a 12 second cd with a cast time, congrats oh wait but all this damage is non-mitigatable while nature and arcane damage is with gear from gnomer which tripply nerfs boomkin dps, almost like this nerf was made too early before it mattered)
Melee hunters can get multiple triggers of free raptor strikes so much so they burst you in less than 3 seconds cause their pets bite crits for 500 + and their melee attack another 400 (I have seen BM hunter pets hit me for closer to 1k with bite and BW running).
Shadow priest, mind spike into mind blast 1.5 sec cast time for it to hit 350 damage non-crits, into a MB of 700 all within 6-7 seconds. If any of these crit than the entire rotation will 100-0 most classes with current gear. (Now throw in them actually dotting you, shadow word pain can tick an upwards of 150 = over its entire duration is just over 1k, throw in 1 mind spike and run away the target just dies and this can be repeated with very little mana consumption across lets say an entire enemy team in wsg when you clash at the start)
These are just some examples of major class abilities/mechanics that are far superior to boomy I wanted to point out.

As of today, feb 13th, on warcraft logs, boomkin is 5th on the “all-percentiles” for damage done and maintains that to the 95th percentile. In the 99th boomy drops to 6th. So imagine not even being in the top 3 and have a nerf that drops your overall dps by 40% for the average player. (the dps will roughly be 10% ish off for the speed runners due to the fights being short enough to maintain optimal rotation. of course that is the 1% of players though/ but we all know they are never catered to right <.<)

Just some interesting thoughts on the absolutely massive nerf that is far worse than all of the hunter nerfs combined that ever happened. Remember, boomkin does not have a pet, and heavily relies on its ability to cast consistently. What we are stuck with now is essentially 1 button that casts wrath every 1.5 seconds (unless you have movement mechanics than you are reasonably looking at 2-3 casts) into 1 starsurge that hits for as much as wrath does for pve. In pvp, if you are not targeted you can get a couple good casts off, I even got a 1250 starfire earlier, but even when you get hit you are unable to cast anything due the aforementioned infinite pushback (cause the eclipse pushback part is worthless when a rogue hits you 3 times every 1.5 seconds whereby 1 of those is likely to guarantee a pushback and this just keeps going into the next)
Overall, it feels bad at the absolute best, and at the worst it feels slightly better than actual classic moonkin by comparison to the performance of all other classes/specs.

2 Likes

People do tend to target instant casts im afraid. I dont think the compensation will be enough.

And sadly i think shadow will get equally gutted by the end of this

Yea it’s a world pvp after all and not a regular bg. Hemet Nesingwary Welcome to the jungle

starfire goes brrrrrrrr