Season of Discovery Class Tuning Incoming - 21 February

With scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’ll make the following adjustments to a few classes in Season of Discovery.

Druid

• Swipe now scales with attack power, gaining 10% of attack power as damage. Threat caused by Swipe has been greatly increased.
  • The Berserk rune now also causes Lacerate to hit 3 targets.
  • The duration of Rip has been increased to 16 seconds (was 12 seconds).
  • The next Starfire cast after the Starsurge rune ability now has its damage increased to 80% (was 66%).
    • Corrected a bug causing this bonus damage to be lower than intended at level 40.

Shaman

• The Dual-Wield Specialization rune now provides 50% bonus damage to your offhand weapon swings.
  • Lava Lash now gains 50% increased damage if Flametongue Weapon is imbued on your offhand.
  • The proc chance of Maelstrom Weapon is now roughly 50% higher when your main hand weapon or your two-hand weapon is imbued with Windfury Weapon.

Mage

• Conjure Water (Rank 5) will now conjure a full stack of 10 with each cast (was 2).
    • Developers’ notes: The tooltip will still indicate that only 2 are conjured. We hope to adjust the tooltip in the future.

Paladin

• Art of War now reduces the mana cost of Exorcism and Holy Shock by 80% when active.
  • Beacon of Light base mana cost has been greatly decreased.

Priest

• Mind Spike damage increased by 10%.

• Void Plague damage increased by 10%.

• Shadow Word: Death base damage before modifiers decreased by 40% and spellpower coefficient adusted to 42.9% (was 64.3%).

• Developers’ notes: Overall, this should result in a 33-40% damage reduction on Shadow Word: Death, depending on the amount of spellpower the priest has. Shadow Word: Death has been doing a larger percentage of overall priest damage than intended, and we feel like this could begin to put additional pressure on healers in PvE, as spellpower gear improves and the damage that priests inflict on themselves continues to scale upwards. It could also prove to be increasingly oppressive in PvP, as it’s an instant attack that can be used on the move, from range, with very little counterplay.

The Paladin changes above were activated on all Season of Discovery realms yesterday, February 14. In this region, the rest of the changes above will go live on February 21.

9 Likes

Damn good change for Enhance shaman.

1 Like

Lots of crying incoming

No warrior buffs,tuning nor changes, its JOVER for warriors…

15 Likes

Where are warrior shouts lasting 30 minutes?

7 Likes

Surely the Gnomeregan bosses’ armor will be reduced.

It’s silly how melees are doing the same dps they were 15 levels ago while casters are doing triple their damage.

Then just think about how all melees/physical DDs are not doing so hot while melee hunter is ±20-40% ahead.

4 Likes

Very sad for boomkin PVE, still the worst caster
Even with this bugfix and buff we are still worse off than the start of the patch after all the nerfs and bugfixes for starsurge

really was expecting more than this

7 Likes

Well i feel relieved. At least now i know that they have no idea how to fix feral and balance. I am free.

3 Likes

Why was the duration of buffs increased for everyone in Phase 2, but not for the warrior?

9 Likes

come on blizzard… warriors needs some love this is tbc and wotlk all over again

9 Likes

Shouldn’t this state by 80%? Because there’s a bit of a difference between having damage increased to something and by something. : p

1 Like

You are right I guess - “…to 80%” would be a 20% nerf xD

2 Likes

please adjust armor values for the mechanical bosses in gnomer atm they are about as high as bosses at 60 were. Crowd Pummeler and Mekineer are almost as high as Patchwerk in naxx.

FINALLY enhance getting a bit of love. Long overdue.

1 Like

No tuning for shadow priest, which is the new outlier after they gutted balance druids.

We’re gonna have to see if the fixes on starfire is enough. 66% seemed way too low, with starfire hitting for 500 dmg with the 66% buff. I don’t know how much lower that was at level 40, but if that and the increase to 80% makes starfire slap Im not going to complain.

The problem with the nerf wasn’t that we no longer get to spam 1 i win button. It was that the substitute we got was laughably weak. Spamming sunfire would net more damage.

But we shall see how it goes.

1 Like

Time to roll shadow priest or disc priest, it will never get nerfed as it should.

Izy choice of blizz darling :slight_smile:

kekw.

look, the change that pally didn’t need but still got.

how about fixing CS/DS to holy weapon damage to be in line with their epics, and with the high armor values of gnomeregan bosses? Or making SoMartyrdome/Command twistable?

2 Likes

Conjure Water (Rank 5) still only gives 10 units per cast, I’m assuming this is either an error of the hotfix or it hasn’t been fully updated yet.

Class tuning changes tl:dr:

No classes tuned.

Shadow priests will still oneshot everyone and ele shamans will bstep on your corpse after the one tap you.

A better version of what you wrote.

2 Likes

where are pvp changes? this cant seriously be everything.
hunter pet and shadow priest need your attention. So does overall dmg in pvp.
I’m afraid A LOT of players are about to quit sod if you don’t address this, pvp is in a horrible state.

9 Likes