Season of Mastery 2

Just spitting truth. No point to play som 2 if we already have classic era.

3 Likes

This guy said right thing. Respect

Seasons should be all in on custom vanilla while era/classic on standard vanilla.

And there are other projects than Turtle. Project Epoch for example could be something SoM could also be.

But the thing is “fresh” worked in practices for now only for the old vanilla private servers where there were little and far between. When we got Classic or more frequent pserver releases it did not work well.

If Blizzard puts some bigger brains on this they could make seasons without the need for Fresh realms over and over. For example, some sort of scoreboard you can fill through 2-3 months after which a new scoreboard starts. And that scoreboard can have rewards like custom gear (say a booming or prot pala sets) available to your account. And if people want to level make it so that gaining experience is one of the more efficient ways of filling the scoreboard aside from some end-game activities - so people may level an alt alongside progressing the scoreboard.

Classic had a pretty sweaty scene in 2019, but the number of players was so massive, you could find any type of guild and players scattered throughout many servers.

However, SoM did the following:

• Reduced the release of phases and set a 12 month beginning to end date
  • Let R14 gear be obtainable from the get go
  • Disabled world buffs
  • Increased raids’ difficulty

This basically appealed to:

• People with TONs of time, or sweaty enough to dedicate themselves entirely to the reduced 12 month lifespan of the game
  • Vanilla rankers. A well documented phenomenon
  • Extreme min maxers, requiring insane amounts of consumables to be used in raids
  • People with parked cash or in debt to P2W their way through that paradise of a gaming concept.

SoM basically took everything that is sweaty and insane in Vanilla and boosted it up. At the end, basically a mixture of elitists (lol at that word, but you understand me), gold buyers and bots were left playing the game configuring the probably most toxic Vanilla community there has ever been.

Surely there were exceptions, and I have met a good deal of nice SoM players. But by applying those filters, Blizzard created this.

In my opinion SoM2 will have to address this, and make it so that the average Joe can enjoy playing Vanilla and fun being the main factor determining the development of the game.

Otherwise, Era is simply a better version of it, except for the community listed above.

3 Likes

In other or simple words-som 1 was boring bs :pensive:

1 Like

Sweaty does not translate to interesting or good IMO.

What makes wow interesting is community based fun, even if the content does not require people to be rocket scientists.

WOW is already an amazing game, all it needs is some love.

Recipe for blizzard success:

Classic Era +
Add - Turtle / Epoch ideas
Add - Harcore mode
Add - New content every phase (i.e. raids/dungeons + catch up mechanics with gear)
Remove - Boosting/bots

= Profit… and you will see full servers.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Finally they announced season of mastery 2 will happen at some point halleluiah !

They did? Where?

1 Like

Honestly, just enjoy era.

It’s currently fantastic and I hope Blizz stay out of it and just let it thrive. This is our sandpit now.

And btw, how long after a fresh launch do you realistically think the boosters would start spamming?

I reckon 10-15 days tops, so you want fresh for 15 days of no boost spammers?

Embrace what we have, you won’t regret it!

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m dithering a little in Era as I think SoM2 may be coming, but not releasing any news at all is a scumbag move by Blizzard.

Well if they announce release after 6 months some players may cancel their subscriptions until the release. If nothing is announced, players will just play what is available.

2 Likes

No clue when, I do hope they pick a more opportune time than last time tho.
That + pvp fiasco made it dead on arrival.

So preferably not around the time of diablo release / retail or any wrathbot releases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.