Season of Mastery changes

To blizzard the Dev team and forum community.

I played classic era and som currently and I feel some good changes need to be put in place without to much of a hassle and will keep it short and simple.

Exp Boost

Have an option.

Players who want to just take there time and level the classic era way, no bonus.

The “Adventure Awaits” quest experience buff increased 100%.

Conclusion;

This will split the community slightly for the better so players who choose to level the classic era way and for the players who want to speed run to reach 60 choose The “Adventure Awaits” quest experience buff increased 100%. This means throughout the season there will be still more players doing dungeons.

World Buffs

Keep Chronoboon Displacer for players who enjoy passing.

Bring back world buffs this way there’s a place for players to leave there beloved cities and venture out to the open world with a risk of being targeted or some world PvP awaits.

Raids.

keep the original mechanics and tuning the health pools on bosses.

option 2

Normal mechanics for players who don’t care about the challenge this way pugs and normal guilds can clear without the requirement of farming X,Y,Z for consumables or even paying real life money for gold and having another option for players who want to take on a challenge with giving them extra loots or increasing the bis loot in the raid so they drop more frequently.

Wow tokens for Season of Mastery would be great I personally keep buying token on retail and trading them for som gold for consumables for PvP and Raids.

Conclusion;

Much safer than the trading of being scammed via transactions less work on blizzards side they also make some extra revenue and may or may not reduce the gold buying online from various sites.

12 months season is fine.

do not release a new som until wotlk has finished. classic era need a only a few servers not what we got now also give a few servers for tbc example Rp, PvE and PvP server after the release on wrath then players will split between the 3 expansions currently played the most.

Kind regards.

6 months duration SoM 2 -

increase xp gained
loot from bosses increased.

What is fun in classic if you ask me? World Pvp in a balanced realm, world buffs to pump bosses & for pvp action. (keep chrono ofc) World Bosses (pvp action again) and ofc the best raid ever naxx. Until you bring out Naxx in SOM 1 there will be one guild left on the most populated server. People quit the game if there is no action going on.

Why should ppl play on a Seasonal server to get the same experience as in the Era servers. Just go there.

it seems that you want to debate Classic ERA vs SOM…

so let me tell you one thing - Seasonal classic brings people together starting from 0.

The classic era you are trying to convince people to join you, iv played it 2 years ago and had full raid bis 2 months before tbc pre patch came.

so move on and let us talk about som 2 pls

You talk about SoM 2 all you like, and I do so too, but the changes you suggest here is making Seasonal server be just like Era is now. Invent some interesting new things instead.
Not vs. at all room for everybody, but different rooms :wink:

I’d like for a new Seasonal to be a Season of Exploration or Professions, now we have tried mastery.

Vanillataur what do you mean by Season of Exploration and Professions we got double procs in SoM and more nodes etc.

This is an alternate idea for a Seasonal server, I mean, we have now tried a Mastery seasonal server - and well, honestly it was not so great.
The next time around we could maybe have a Seasonal server where exploration and professions are encouraged instead of Raiding/PvP. Where you in some way or another - maybe something Achievement-like - will be encouraged to explore all nooks and crannies of the map, and to get/craft all recipes.

Vanillataur honestly I don’t think players want this retail stuff look what happened to SoM right now people just want normal but I maybe wrong in thinking so just guess work.

I don’t know, honestly.
I’m trying to think of something that - maybe - would make me try Seasonal servers. I tried SoM , but did not like it, I just stay and play in Era :innocent: :icecream: because that’s what I want, really.
I am trying to be a counterbalance to the Speeding-minmaxing ideal the SOM tried to cater for, and I actually do not see much Retail in my suggestion. Maybe I just have forgottern too much about Retail as I have not played it for over three years :wink:

None told you to think & none cares that you didnt like SOM. You play Classic ERA with all the losers that are triying to get BIS gear after 2 years.

This thread is about SOM changes and none again cares about your opinion. ty bye

This is a thread about Seasonal servers and what changes we would like to see to go and play there. As I did NOT like SoM I think (yes I still think, can’t stop it) that my input here would be welcome :smiley:
It’s not your thread,and the Forums are free for all exchange of opinions as long as you do not swear or defame others. I prefer to stay. Thank you.

Maybe you do not like my ideas, and that’s just fine :smiley: say so in a civilized manner. It does not hurt that much.

go play ERA server with your friends cow. As i see from your threads its the one you are trying to become ambassador for. Once again, NONE cares about a Classic ERA player. We played that 2 years ago.

Season of Mastery brought back true enthusiast of the game, that want to get the most out of it by raiding, pvping, speedrunning and actually playing the game. Most classic era players are clickers and the last wagon of the train that are trying to get their gear after 2 years

I play Era, yes. I’m actually not interested in PvPing, speedrunning and BiS gear. I say, that now we have had a Seasonal server for pvping, speedrunning and so on. Maybe the next Seasonal server should be something else.
You seem to forget that SoM is closing down in a few months, and then you and your co-players will join the Era servers.
Your definition of enthusiasts are not the same as mine. But we can hopefully agree that WoW can be played in many differnt ways. And that your fun need not to be my fun?

yes i agree that my fun doesnt have to be your fun. I dont care if my full bis naxx geared char dies. I play classic for the community and the fun around it, which is dead on both ends

I think for people to want normal - I take this to mean fresh Classic (+) servers, some more time has to pass, as you yurself stated (do not release a new som until wotlk has finished). Now it seems that all who care for Seasonal are PvP’ers, speedrunners and pumping min-maxers.

I like that you’re brave enough to say

and

Furthermore the lack of response proves that waiting is a good idea.

PS. I still don’t see my idea as “retail”, more Wrath-SoM so I’ll probably have to wait more years to try again :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.