Selling LFR gear

It’s absolutely absurd.
Wish I could link screenshots , everyone needing everything.
Then there’s essentially an auction end of run for items. For GOLD.

I signed up for lfr not a gdkp run.

Surely this must be considered griefing ? All those defending this practice tell me why it’s okay

9 Likes

Really curious where you guys get your LFR groups; I’ve run a lot of LFR this expansion and haven’t seen this once.

2 Likes

Problem with any sort of reporting this is the methodology of loot distribution that is set - group loot based on variables like Can you equip it etc., e.g. nobody can rig the game against you as your roll is the very same as any other perosn meeting your same criteria.

If somebody uses rules set by the game, wins the roll which is fair for everyone with same circumstances and rolling on given item, and then wins the item - the item is theirs and there is nothing to report as they can do whatever they want with it.

So I believe the only option here would be to change the rules of LFR raid loot, into for example personal loot, others may have beter ideas. When it was still personal loot, item trading after the end of LFR run happened as well as it is now, however.

Eh, its not that good, but I also think of it as personal loot.

If I get the item good, if not, then tough luck. If someone wants to sell his loot, let them do that. Not that lfr loot will fetch any price.

1 Like

I don’t see it often, but when I do, I offer 2x vendor price in /ra to set the tone.

Hopefully it makes other people see how silly it is and choose not to pay.

One problem here is that if you need roll an item and then give it away (not vendor, not destroy) then it remains on your eligible need list, so people can flip the same thing over and over again, selling it each time. For unscrupulous players, it’s an infinite resource.

The bidding/selling off happens in all difficulties. The minute you get loot people will /w you with offers or ask if you want to sell. It’s such common practice for everyone to need on everything.

When I accidentally (thinking I was in HC) hit need on a ‘anything token’ drop from Sark Nm in my pug I just gave it to the next highest roller who would have been the winner. Cos I derped. Even though I stated this in chat I had all the offer whispers. I redirected them to the guy I gave the token to :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Raiding has become the most unrewarding method to get loot. I mostly gear through M+ and the vault. It’s super frustrating when you need specific items from the raids though. This time we have a vendor but next expansion we are back to needfest/sellfest GL.

I think part of the problem is that loot is less plentiful on the whole because PL catered to the raid groups, the specs/classes present. They could do this with GL. We wouldn’t keep ending up with useless loot then and more of the things everyone is actually farming.

4 Likes

Still keeps baffling me that this problem only exists in WoW

4 Likes

I’ve seen this happen once in LFR and everyone seemed to ignore him, that’s unless he received any whispers.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it myself yet, but I’m not surprised. Group Loot + cross-server gold trading is a recipe for questionable behavior.

But “needing on everything” is standard in LFR and I don’t fault people for that. Right now everyone does need pretty much everything and I also feel that transmog is a valid reason to roll need (until they change the transmog button so that the transmog roll winner gets the skin).

I’m not sure if selling loot is actually against the TOS or not.

On one hand, the loot belongs to the looter, so if they want to trade it for nothing, another piece of loot, some gold, that’s entirely their business, in the same way that I can sell / trade items I own in real life.

On the other hand, this encourages gold buying, a weird form of pay 2 win, and is open to scamming.

I guess as long as the gold isn’t brought into the game illegally, and no one is getting scammed, Blizzard has no comment on the matter.

That said, I’ve never seen it, and I’ve been playing a long time.

For in game stuff? It’s not against TOS, it’s basically what boosters are doing.

I’ve never seen someone advertise items in LFR either, so people who claim it happens a lot are probably just making up lies to support their argument against cross server trading.

Either way a simple solution would be to make loot non-tradeable if you won it with a need roll.

Because it is not a problem
This is just storm in a cup
It is everyone god given right to do whatever they want with their gear or trinket or weapon or anything they won, use it as mog, destroy it, disenchant it or anything
If I would lost a roll on something I would need BUT then the winner would offer it, I would be glad I don’t have to wait a week for another maybe
It is fundamentally not different to lose against someone who want it for upgreade, or for mog or disenchant or vendor it, than lost against somrone who then would sell it
It is not against the ToS and no one hold a gun aganst anyone head, buy it or else!

3 Likes

Personally i find raiding quite stale and boring, and the items that could potentially drop from there should be purchasable with tokens, kind of like they are now.

Just bring back Personal Loot already.

The waste of time by clicking and the possibility of misclick alone is a big negativity.

Bring back the old days: if the loot drops for you, it drops. If it doesn’t, then too bad, and move on.

No time wasted.

4 Likes

No need, just the remove the trading of gold between servers.

But beware every change will have the effect of making queue times longer and even downtime between bosses as people could leave after killing the one boss they need and if it is a tank it means waiting for a lot.

2 Likes

Oh I’m not arguing against that :dracthyr_nod:
But if you believe the forums, it’s the end of the world :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

I don’t think this is possible because the way Retail is dealing with dead realms is to just make us able to do everything cross realm.

Griefing who? That person put the same amount of effort into getting that item as you did. Then he won the item in a fair roll-off. Why do you feel entitled to the item? He put in the work, he won the item, he can do whatever he wants with it. He doesn’t owe you anything.

1 Like

I’ve only had once someone try to buy the loot that dropped for one of my alts in lfr. Got shoulders, naturally an upgrade to my 440 something season 3 shoulders, put them on. Guy whispers if I would give them to him for 10k gold, said I’m wearing them already, then tells me I lost 100k with that :smiley:
But its like, you can get veteran gear from doing the weekly quest stuff that you can catalyst, why bother buying gear unless I guess it’s a trinket or something.

Never seen this, are we sure this ain’t a situation of

“I didn’t win the roll so I’ll whisper the person who did and then they ask for a ridiculous amount of money, then I complain to the forums it’s gdkp”

1 Like