**September 9, 2024 HOTFIX**

EDIT: Just realized the “nerf” is for Prot but ALSO for Ret! How am I supposed to do any meaningful damage as Ret w/o the Wake of Ashes/Hammer of Light burst-window?
RIP.

September 9, 2024 HOTFIX
Fixed a bug that caused Hammer of Light to not go away as expected

I’m such a sad panda now, i literally thought it was intended was having so much fun!

:((

2 Likes

yeah felt realy good to have it avaible for more than just once …

1 Like

tooltip also says it is replaced for 12 sec , so it wasnt a bug

1 Like

hi
I replied directly to the hotfix but i wanted to also post this here too:

What I wrote there in short:
I never expected that the hammer of light mechanic was supposed to be a single use mechanic. And I was very disappointed to see this at the start of WWI.
For sure it is much more fun to use the hammer multiple times in the burst window.
And I would like to get as much attention as possible for this so that blizzard may consider to bring the multi usage back!
I want the fun! Let it be nerfed it in a different way!

Even so, if it was even a bug. The tempalr was still underperforming versus herald of the sun even when I casted 4x HoL in a row with divine purpose procs. It’s sad, templar needs some love.

1 Like

I find it sad that whenever classes get a buff, they have to wait for the next reset, but they’re happy to nerf classes straight away.

1 Like

this is so very sad… rip damage

How about by playing the spec correctly?
Shouldn’t be that hard, spec’s easy enough to play as it is.

So much fun, yeah, it is so fun when even more of your GCDs are taken by generators that do less damage than finishers.

It was garbage gameplay, made the spec feel very clunky when you have to build to 5 constantly with generators that only give you 1-2 holy power and I am glad it’s gone.

i disagree to Lyonidus
with wake of ashes and divine toll you can basically get 2 hammer of light cast “for free” (in aoe for sure)
and during divine toll’s judgment window it is totally fine to build up 5 holy power
outside of divine toll you are right building up 5 holy power is a bit more of an effort but it is much more interesting to do this because you even have to consider the crusader strikes holy power procs because you don’t want to waste any holy power in the burst window.
i think that is much more interesting than playing basically the same rota like in DF for the next 2 years again.

2 Likes

it realy slows the specc down , also u call less empyrian hammers means it takes an eternity to get to lights deliverance , either they revert the fix or get our capstone down to 30 stacks or so