Server locked, but empty?

So, I just logged over from SoD to check out Cata. I had chars on Mograine as a Horde player, and the server still shows as “Locked”. But, it’s so empty. There are like a couple of people in OG, and if you do /who 85 you don’t even get 30 results on peak gaming time. How is the server locked, but empty? I had every single class on 70 in WotLK and I sure ain’t paying to server transfer all of them if the server stays this dead. So, should I just quit or what’s the deal with Cata?

Mograine is locked pending a server closure.

I recommend you to move using FCM to any of the 3 listed realms within the thread.

Mograine was a good server back in days. It is locked because it will be merged with another server as it is very low pop. You can either transfer off or wait till merge

Ah, thanks for pointing out the free transfers. I only looked at the shop when logged in with a character and there you cannot see those. Apparently I had to log out and look in the character screen. :slight_smile: off to gehennas

I think low population servers will be closed rather than merged with others. It doesn’t make sense to lengthen the names in the big servers CharacterName-RealmName because of a merge. The few remaining characters on the locked servers will be forcefully moved to another. That’s why it’s better to choose your server now rather than leave it to Blizzard to choose the server for you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.