Server merge with BL

i rly feel bad for what happend with server merge when they pushed some sml english servers to be joined with burning legion ( unofficial polish server )

i play on/off since tbc and /tade was and is always just in polish and now all them pps have same trade chat and its just non stop fighting over why ppl dont speak english in it since in server select it is “english server” even tho its all polish

and now its just full on “hate speech” reporting

blizz rly didnt do any research b4 joining em :confused:

feels bad man :expressionless:

3 Likes

Yea, it really sucks to be honest.

Both parties are having situations that none of them like. The polish are being told to speak English cause none from the English realms understand what’s going on.

The English speakers are being told to shut up because it’s a polish server.

This didn’t fix anything for either part, it just causes frustration and anger.

Please blizzard, revert this.

2 Likes

Sadly I think they can’t revert this even if they wanted to. This just proves that they haven’t done their homework and had focused only on player numbers on the servers and not the communities and nationalities of the servers.

Best of luck to those who are now stuck with the unofficial Polish realm.

2 Likes

If your server is being moved to english servers, you speak english. End of discussion, stop being a D.

4 Likes

So people who are unable to speak English are not allowed to play WoW?

They had a nice community and their peace on that realm for years. It was wrong to merge them with an English realm.

5 Likes

Looks like it wasn’t a good realm connection. Ofc if people want to speak Polish that’s their choice and I see no reason for others to feel offended. They DO NOT want to type in some other language, endoff.

1 Like

It’s sort of a mandatory thing to speak english, or know it in the online world. I skipped english classes in school, and my english was purely from playing online, and interacting online.

There are not enough people natively speaking european individual languages. Can argue the only country in EU that can get away with is germans, as there are a lot of players from Germany.

Everything is basically in english, can be translated now with all sorts of apps, and other, but let’s be honest. Most people playing wow started out on the internet before there were fancy apps, translators, and the things we have today.

If blizzard decide to move a server to english, it wouldn’t be too much effort to have learned english throughout… the 19 years or so that they’ve had to learn it where the majority of the internet was dominated by english.

3 Likes

I mean if Proudmoore US is given the privilege to keep their realm community intact, then the same should apply to burning legion. However the realm should be marked with a “warning, english is not frequently spoken by the peeps here”.

Unless the realm (BL) asked to be merged they should not have been touched. There are many other realms that would have welcomed a server merge instead.

What a pointless assumption. In most European countries, roughly half or less of the population is able to speak English. If a server has been de facto Polish for so many years, it is to be considered Polish.

Neither you, nor me nor anyone else has the right to tell people what language to speak. The only right call would have been to leave the Polish community alone, or at least get their feedback on a merge with an English realm before doing so.

Regardless of our opinions as players who do not play on those realms, apparently the merge has created discontent and was therefore a bad decision.

2 Likes

I dare to question the quality of this linked picture! The “thing” that is spoken in germany more often than not is anything but english. School “english” is an absolute abomination here.

You’re so wrong, but leave it at that.

I am German. My English is far from perfect but I wouldn’t call it an abomination.

So am i. I still dare to call our school english an absolute abomination. Afaik if you play/speak alot online the damage isnt permanent.

We do have a charming accent that everyone loves us for :slight_smile:

Lol, reminds me of this ad:

4 Likes

oh dude… that made me cry :rofl:

You know what? Being Polish myself and knowing how f-d up some WoW-related “localizations” were (if you don’t know, just trust me, screwed up seven ways to Sunday and worse), I prefer using English client. Less language violation-caused enrages and translation-lost stuff this way. And it DID help me a lot with learning some subtleties that you don’t read about in textbooks. Like many other things, it’s best in the original language.

The merge wasn’t particularly good decision, would be better if some of my countrymen and women weren’t such diehards on “but muh language, muh realm, even if it says ENGLISH, and we have no client, but MUH LANGUAGE AND MUH REALM” in 21th century, but what can you do, some problems can only be solved with time.

It was time to get them out of their comfort zone, so the stagnation wouldn’t set in and kill their will to own stuff in WoW! :smiley:

I have to say Kretías is right about this. Been once in English-speaking international group with few Germans after that “school English” course. What you guys are doing with English is a crime against humanity.

Did you mean “the insatiable hunger for vowels that everyone else hates you for”? :smiley:

Im happy i dont have it that much. Growing up near hannover comes in handy if your german is already dialect free.

But im more about like teachers trying fake accents like “thats how you pronounce it!” (funny thing is my father once told me that a teacher tried that with him. My father was born in the UK and lived there til 8 years old. Yeeee, you dont tell a british person how to pronounce something. But thats just an exception) or teaching speaking manners where a british or american would look at you like “you okay mate? Do you have a seizure?”.

Ive come to a point where i say that school english is good for the basics, but other than that if you want to really learn the language then choose other sources. Or universities i guess as i wont judge them but i cant imagine that they would screw it up there.

Probably accurate for our older generations.