Server merge with BL

I think some players forget we life in the EU where they speak 24 languages or more, not everyone can speak 2 languages alto telling some one to shutup just because they don’t speak your language is very toxic.

2 Likes

No it isnt at all english realm means its support is done in english nothing else .

1 Like

If you believe it to be so, keep on believing that. You’ll get smarter overtime, that’s how life works.

Your picture is nowhere near accurate, Italy is in 30-49% and Greece is in 50-79% brackets is just big lol.

1 Like

No that is the actual fact and please do not talk down to me thank you .

2 Likes

Reroll and hope it doesn’t happen to your new server.
Blizzard isn’t exactly known for being tactful.

1 Like

He is correct in regards of the english realms. You dont have to speak english there. That rule got removed.

Also neither is it mandatory to know english in the online world. Does it come in handy? Yes. Is it required? No.

2 Likes

Oi, yew ohkeyh mait? Is that a sezure yer posh ahrse is having? (They do be that way sometimes XD)

Oh, I swear the god they do, my friend, they so do

Most of Polish ppl on Bl’s chat speak English good enough, most of them just trolling about Polish chat in the end they don’t care you speaking PL or not. On the Outland’s chat i’ am forced to reading what i can do with anal and it’s no topics on forums.

2 Likes

easy fix for this problem

make english ONLY realms

make realms where it’s a bannable offense to not speak in english, then any demographic can create their own clusters on whatever other server they please

1 Like

Heard people got silenced on german and french realms because they spoke other languages.

The research they did was what population it held. In all honesty Blizzard dont have time to go through every server they are going to merge together to check to see if it has an Polish/Italian/Arabic etc etc community The servers are sorted by English/German etc etc so thats what they go by.

Lets say they did what possible criteria would Blizzard have to justify what would make it an unofficial polish server to merge with another?

This topic just seems like a lot of naivety as to what Blizzard are capable of researching.

Too bad there are other nationalities in the EU besides those.

When i look at the server it says english on the tin. Its perfect time for polish folks to start their journey to learn some basic english, its pretty good skill to have. I mean why not? You can always spam kurwa in your guild chat and keep general chats in english. Win win?

Thing is I would assume that the Polish playerbase isn’t large enough same with the Greek playerbase to be given their own servers but I do understand that they have to go somewhere. Its just rather silly to be annoyed at Blizzard for not noticing this almost underground population of Polish players.

1 Like

Wait what? Of course they have the time and resources to do such simple stuff. I mean …

People clamouring for some king of language police are over the moon (GL also trying to sell your game in language-conscious countries such as France were laws might get you in trouble just for having this clever idea in your gane). But claiming Blizz doesn’t have the means to find out in, say, 30 mins, what a realm looks like from the inside is plain wrong.

It seems this merger wasn’t done well, and frankly it’s Blizz’s fault for creating an issue were there was none.

1 Like

My point was if they are going to merge servers in what possible criteria would they use to suggest okay this an unoffiical Polish server or Italian etc etc.

You can make the arguement they do have the resources but whether it was actually worth spending those resources is an entirely different situation.

I didnt say that dont have the means I said they dont have the time which in my opinion is true.

I agree it wasn’t done well because clearly now there are two seperate playerbases at odds with each other but without just saying they should have checked I think people need to realize that its not cut and dry to say Alonsus is unofficial Polish for example when it has tons of English players on it also.

Do we sacrifice the 40% of English players because 60% are Polish? or do we force the English players off the realm? like these arguements are just stupid.

1 Like

Europe has about 24 or more languages good luck enforcing that

1 Like

But from the moment it was announced, people were very vociferous in the official connections thread about its not being a good idea because of the language problem. But they didn’t take any notice.

2 Likes

I mean whilst I agree they screwed up it’s kind of a no win situation don’t you think?

They had two options which were to leave these dying realms alone and preserve the little pocket communties or merge some realms together to ensure players aren’t stuck on a dead realm.

Aside from Blizzard suddenly implementing a Polish only realm I am not sure what else could really have been done.

1 Like