Services Channel keeps resetting, cannot turn off anymore?

So since this morning we cant turn of services booster channel anymore???

I turn it off, Blizz turns it on again???

Why does my whispers channel and my party channel and my guild channel and even my combat log show this crap now and general chat and trade as well???

27 Likes

Just to clarify, this doesn’t just apply to the Services channel, though it’s one that most people will probably have noticed as they’re more likely to turn it off or to put on another tab. It applies to all channels as of this morning, if you disable General, Trade or Services they will re-check and turn back on, on all tabs when you next login.

You can /leave the channel just fine, but this shouldn’t be the fix that we need.

5 Likes

yes it does the same to me very annoying when u on a high pop server and services and trade is spammed i mean even the combat log has the services and trades xD

2 Likes

it is ridiculous. Fix this plz asap!

2 Likes

This is the worst patch in history of wow for me, adding fortnite which is not even part of retail, no spell or classes there but still its patch for retail and only thing added for retails is this ANNOYING BUG which still activate all channels in all windows so in combat log i have now spam from trade and services. I was hoping for big changes to classes balancig talents and more but this, this let me down like never before.

3 Likes

Seems i found a solution at least for now to this. If you open the chat settings under the channels list on the right of each channel there’s a red circle icon with the line through, hit that and it should remove the channel from that list. You can re-add it later by doing the chat command (not sure why you’d want to…shifty eyes). But for now it keeps me removed from trade chat and seeing that horrible spam.

4 Likes

I would like to keep normal trade channel, but not in my party, whisper or guild window… Or combatlog!!!

As an altoholic this is driving me insane. I turn it off relog an alt and spam all over again… This is horrible !

2 Likes

Please fix this soon!

1 Like

I was just looking for this issue, glad I’m not alone, bloody annoying issue

1 Like

Same, so annoying especialy Services Channel. This need to be fixed asap.

If you haven’t already, report it as a bug ingame as I’ve just done - that way it goes to the people who can (hopefully) fix it. If they see lots of reports about the same thing, hopefully they’ll fix it more quickly.

Not quite seeing the issue at the moment. You can leave a channel by typing /leave ChannelName, and it shouldn’t come back.

You can also try to reset your chat settings with /resetchat and see how it goes.

Alternatively, you can try to reset your interface:

It’s absolutely an issue. Easy to reproduce.

Create a chat tab for Guild and choose to have just Guild and Officer chat shown in that tab. Create a second tab called Group, and choose to show only party and instance chat in that tab.

Under both tabs you have all channels (Gen, Trade etc) unticked yet it will still show up in those tabs which it should not.

You can /leave the channels but then that takes you out of them completely so you don’t see the chat at all in the ALL tab so that’s not a solution.

If you log out and back in it rejoins you to all the channels and it all appears in all your created tabs again. Yet if you look at your created tab settings, those channels are still actually unticked and should not be showing in them.

There’s also another thread reporting this here:

8 Likes

I agree with Ráevelyn.
A feature that once worked previous to a patch that now doesn’t work after a patch is an issue that should be looked into and not brushed off with a help article that multiple people have already done and then reported as not working.

10 replies (not included blue reply and Ráevelyns) to this post and then another 29 replies to a post talking off this issue on the NA bug report forum says it’s an issue caused by the patch.

4 Likes

Thanks for the details, Ráevelyn, appreciate it. :slight_smile:

It looks like this was just reported to the developers, so now we’ll need to wait for their investigation. Please don’t forget that bugs can be reported directly in-game:

2 Likes

Same issue here, the article, reinstall didn’t help.
The channels re-activate in every chat window: “General”, my custom windows and even in combat log.

The spam is very annoying.

Anxiously waiting for a fix.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people say it effects the combat log too but for whatever reason i don’t have the problem in that tab, it’s the only tab that is working correctly for me though.

Edit: I take that back, it’s now effecting my Combat Log too.

2 Likes

As title says, noticed this after 10.2.6. Suddenly my chat got spammed by Services channel, even though I switched it off previously. Happens every time I relog or switch to another character.

2 Likes

Same here. Extremely annoying. Have tried to mess with turning off addons and clearing cache. Nothing works for now.

Having same issue
Trade/Gereral/Local Defence now automaticaly on if you create inside new tab and after you relog.
Trade/Gereral/Local Defence - now also auto-enable inside combat log chat.
Now i have to manually click on check-box on every tab i have to disable Trade/Gereral/Local Defence, because all chat is now duplicated.

Similar found on us forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/chat-channel-resetting/1811491
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/chat-windows-screwed-up/1810596