Sethrak for the Alliance

What do you mean?

no! you already have gnomes!!! why do you need more?

2 Likes

I meant “Hell no!” or something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

We can swap races if ya wish :innocent:

No no, you are quite alright, you can keep them.

1 Like

Sethrak make no sense for the Alliance because you began attacking the Vulpera afterwards. You also attacked Zuldazar after the Zandalari and Sethrak became allies. After the Horde finishes their end of the Vol’dun questline, Sethrak worshippers appear in the city temples.

The Sethrak are already indirectly allies of the Horde while the Alliance did a lot to oppress them after helping them. The Horde were also way more involved in the downfall of Korthek.

Snakes for Horde or not at all

2 Likes

I want em just as much really, even though they’d fit a neutral race just fine.
With that said though, the amount of effort it takes to turn npc races into playable ones, it’s a tough sell.
There’s some demand for a variety of races, from ogres to old allies like kelfin and jinyu/ankoa, to sethrak, arakkoa and naga.

A better alternative I feel would be to simply to improve how the reflecting prisms perform and/or let people simply model swap ingame. May not be the most polished option but it would offer you a dozen of things to look like and roleplay as potentially.

Have a look here if you’d like to throw your voice into the other discussion.
A sethrak thread is also linked below for additional resources if you want to give that a read.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:

Not sure that makes sense, considering how Sethrak and Vulpera have always been enemies, not allies.

The Sethrak and the Zandalari aren’t allies. The fact they helped each other militarily does not mean they formed an alliance. :wink:

And the Night Elves helped the Nightborne free their city, and a Night Elf saved the whole race of the Nightborne from extinction by creating the Arcandor. And yet all it took the Nightborne to hate Night Elves and kill them was a mean (yet valid) concern made by Tyrande. Hey, maybe we can do that! Let’s have Kiro say something mean to Vorrik so they join the Alliance. :hugs:

1 Like

You’re grouping the sethrak as a singular group. The Vulpera are allied to the faithful sethrak. It was the faithless enslaved the vulpera. The vulpera and sethrak worked together to defeat them.

They share a pantheon, a city and continent. The zandalari and vulpera are horde. They are indirectly allies.

This is so dumb it doesnt even require a counter argument

1 Like

Indeed, because the faithful Sethrak are a also traditional enemy of the Vulpera.

They’re not, no. You’re confusing help with alliance. The Horde and the Alliance keep fighting together every other expansion against a greater evil and that doesn’t mean they’re allies.

:person_fencing:

1 Like

Oh I haven’t noticed your reply, sorry!

Personally I don’t think they should be neutral, but if they end up being neutral I’d be okay with that too! :slight_smile:

Mmmm, I fail to see the logic there, though? It takes much more effort and time to start a brand new race from scratch than using existing assets and models and animations from (NPCs).

And Sethrak in particular have already all of those animations developed, btw. It was datamined back when BFA was launched, they even have the HoA animation developed already. Only playable races + Sethrak have such an animation.

Thank you so much for your suggestions and feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alliance wants part of Zuldazar then Horde gains parts of Kul’Tiras and if that doesn’t happen, Night Elves only regain a quarter/half of Ashenvale (depends on how much the Alliance gets Zuldazar). The Eastern part is fully Horde.

That’s a fun one, cause even races like Saurok have a heart of azeroth animation despite being introduced in MoP, so it must’ve been retroactively added.
But yeah, I’d love sethrak to be a thing, was hoping big time for arakkoa myself. But while I agree sethrak is probably the currently most asked for, theres a bunch of others people would like playable too.
Would be nice to have a quick workaround either way like just giving people access to easier npc model swapping for some specific races (overhauling how prisms work).

1 Like

Hard pass i think we should remove the allied races as they are and add high elves to the alliance and ogres to the horde then roll all the allied races features into the basis races

1 Like

The thing is that the NPC races like saurok, fully share the rigs of the worgen. And the new animations was thus extremely easy to add. While the sethrak have an unique HoA animation and so far are the only npc race to have that. How ever the sethrak do lack several player emotes/animations, even if they have more than the average NPC race.

1 Like

Blood elves has no reason to join in the horde, when the orcs and trolls destroyed much of quel’thalas in the second war, but they were added to the red faction as a fan service to asian public that didn’t want to play creepy races in the horde :wink:

1 Like

Excuse me, miss, the Horde owns half of the Broken Isles.

You’re not entitled to more territory.

Yes they are.

Alliance owns all of north west Kalimdor.
So if Alliance wants more, they need to surrender some of their lands and night elf lands are obvious or Horde moves into areas of Kul’Tiras.

And the Horde owns all of north-east Eastern Kingdoms, which is the entire Quel’Thalas region. Most of the west Lordaeron is still being held by the Horde as well.

So no, the Horde are indeed not entitled to anything.

That said, the Alliance could still get a small faction of sethrak who would join them in Stormwind, which would leave the majority of the race neutral still and keep Vol’dun in the hands of the Horde/Neutral. After all, the vulpera who joined the Horde are merely a single caravan, not the entire race.

2 Likes

If you think Darkshore is all of north west Kalimdor, sure. It’s the only Alliance territory in mainland Kalimdor, the rest is either Horde or Contested.

So no, you’re not entitled to more.

Quel’thalas, weakened as it was had it’s south (ghostlands) that was practically scourgeland, the scar was just pumping out undead infinitely where every corpse that died on it just keept rising again.

Lordaeron was mostly already completely destroyed by the scourge and later wrestled free by Sylvanas. Sylvanas who was the ranger general of the blood elves in life supported Quel’thalas with forsaken to help them tame Quel’thalas. If it hadn’t been for Sylvanas and the Forsaken. That 90% dead to scourge for blood elves would have crept up to a complete wipeout of the race itself.

Sylvanas then threatened to pull back all her support from the ghostlands unless the blood elves joined the horde, Lor’themar knowing that would have been a death sentence for his people complied.

So to recap;

• Their ranger general in life was at the head of one of the horde factions.
  • Nearly all diplomacy was between Sylvanas and Lor’themar, or Sylvanas and the other horde leaders in getting them to except the blood elves.
  • No more humans nearby to help them reinforce their lands, forsaken have taken up any space between them and the nearest surviving human kingdom.
  • Strongarmed into joining the horde or perishing by a ranger general that at the time still had a lot of respect.
  • Very likely that the whole Garithos debacle would have made the blood elf leadership hesitant to work with humans again so soon, but even if this is not the case then the above all still counts.

I know that there are a lot of players that wished Blood Elves to be an alliance race and constantly claim that they should have been because they look more humanlike but the lore as it stands does not back that up at all.

Sethrak are at best a background race like taunka or tuskarr