Sethrak for the Alliance

I beg you, Blizzard, please make Sethrak another allied race for the Alliance. Their leader was saved by the Alliance and together we stopped the faithless in Vol’dun. They are a perfect opportunity for another good allied race and would secure that the Horde does not hold control over all of Zandalar that way. There is no reason why this shouldn’t work out well.

Give Gilgoblins to the Horde as an Allied Race instead, considering how Goblin fans were robbed of their own allied race. Thanks.

EDIT:

Brigante’s idea is an excellent one! :smiley:

47 Likes

You are 2 years late to create this topic

1 Like

Considering how High Elves were given to the Alliance 15 years after their initial request, I’m rather on time.

Thanks for bumping my thread, though :hugs:

Sethrak have no reason to ally with either faction
The lore is already bleeding out, writhing on the ground
Please don’t actively kick the corpse

3 Likes

To be fair, none of the races added from TBC onwards had any real reason to join either faction. Their lore has always had to be twisted in order to shoehorn them in either faction (the most obvious case being the Nightborne).

If it depended on me, most races would be neutral or able to choose their faction.

But sadly, Blizzard isn’t going to get rid of the faction barrier any time soon, and we Sethrak fans are not going to stop asking for them simply because right now they don’t have an important reason lorewise to join the Alliance vs Horde conflict.

I do get your point though and hopefully Blizzard will have it in mind when making them playable.

1 Like

I take it this is in response to the Horde sethrak thread.

I can only see this happening if they want to build up another faction war expansion and one of the things that would make Zandalar itself relevant as a battleground would be if the Alliance had some kind of holding there, in this case the sethrak.

1 Like

I don’t mind, honestly. I just want Sethrak as the new Alliance allied race. It’s only fair considering how the Horde received a brand new race with Vulpera.

I think they said something if the race doesn’t have like appealing female of the species they won’t make it .
Goes for all allied races not just sethrak .

No that’s not something they said, they had such worries way back 10 years ago. But when they discussed how the AR system would work they said that anything with two legs are fair game in theory.

1 Like

Huh? That must have been on a private server, and we don’t speak about those here.

They can always, you know, design a female Sethrak and be done with it (there were no female Worgen until Cata).

Thanks for bumping my thread! :hugs:

This would in my opinion feel unnecessary. We also have the Sethraliss model showcasing a female sethrak.

1 Like

Are you that bad blood elf’s good twin brother?

1 Like

True! :slight_smile:

:laughing:

God forbid!

What do you mean?

no! you already have gnomes!!! why do you need more?

2 Likes

I meant “Hell no!” or something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

We can swap races if ya wish :innocent:

No no, you are quite alright, you can keep them.

1 Like

Sethrak make no sense for the Alliance because you began attacking the Vulpera afterwards. You also attacked Zuldazar after the Zandalari and Sethrak became allies. After the Horde finishes their end of the Vol’dun questline, Sethrak worshippers appear in the city temples.

The Sethrak are already indirectly allies of the Horde while the Alliance did a lot to oppress them after helping them. The Horde were also way more involved in the downfall of Korthek.

Snakes for Horde or not at all

2 Likes

I want em just as much really, even though they’d fit a neutral race just fine.
With that said though, the amount of effort it takes to turn npc races into playable ones, it’s a tough sell.
There’s some demand for a variety of races, from ogres to old allies like kelfin and jinyu/ankoa, to sethrak, arakkoa and naga.

A better alternative I feel would be to simply to improve how the reflecting prisms perform and/or let people simply model swap ingame. May not be the most polished option but it would offer you a dozen of things to look like and roleplay as potentially.

Have a look here if you’d like to throw your voice into the other discussion.
A sethrak thread is also linked below for additional resources if you want to give that a read.

1 Like